• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Png of WP is novice to FB

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The management of the present WP leadership has caused loss of talents over the years, the latest more prominent one is Eric Tan. Retention of talents is a very important task to make the party sustainable. A political party is after all, an organization that depends on its people and talents.

If WP could persuade Eric Tan back to stand in Hougang, that would be a good plan. It brings "good news" of unity which will negate the part of the problems created by YSL saga. To think of it, Eric Tan should be a better choice than Png else he wouldn't become the leader of East Coast GRC in the very first place.

Well, even so, just look through the current slates of candidates available in WP. Glenda would be a good choice but it would be even better if she is married. She was after all, one of the stars of WP back in GE2006 and she has matured over time since then.

Even Koh Choon Yong would be a better choice than Png. At least he can communicate well in Mandarin. In terms of public image, Choon Yong may look a bit like a JC student debating on TV during GE2011, but generally speaking, his spoken Mandarin is quite ok. He just has to throw his scripts away or basically resist from reading directly from the scripts. Gerald Giam suffered from the same problem as well. This may not be the fault of both of them but basically the management which cultivated such requirement of not saying things out of line of the party leadership. Such management style will only tie the hands of its own people and they will hardly grow to speak confidently on their own feet.

Lileen projects a very Ah Lian image and should be the last choice before Png.

If you really want to look for stable matured candidate, there are Dr Poh and Dr John Yam....etc.

I really don't believe that there is a lack of talents in WP and it should try to utilize them more efficiency through merits.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, I'm a little curious. If you were SG of WP today, who would you pick among the available pool of nominees in the current WP stable to run in HG?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Here in Singapore, all they can do is to pyro opposition party(s) day and night. Opposition is not in power, what is there to pyro?

Learn.

much of the "pyroing" come from fellow oppo camps who remain suspicious of the behind the scenes agenda of the wp. all true pappy dogs have been persuaded to cease and desist, and to let oppo camps fight it out and cancel each other out in the process. :p

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The management of the present WP leadership has caused loss of talents over the years, the latest more prominent one is Eric Tan. Retention of talents is a very important task to make the party sustainable. A political party is after all, an organization that depends on its people and talents......
I really don't believe that there is a lack of talents in WP and it should try to utilize them more efficiency through merits.

Goh Meng Seng

Thanks for the reply, GMS.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jZ8anzx-POg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If WP could persuade Eric Tan back to stand in Hougang, that would be a good plan. It brings "good news" of unity which will negate the part of the problems created by YSL saga. To think of it, Eric Tan should be a better choice than Png else he wouldn't become the leader of East Coast GRC in the very first place.

If WP persuaded Eric Tan to come back to stand in Hougang, you can be sure that the press will be non-stop hounding him and WP about the entire incident all over again, and providing PAP with all the ammo it needs to discredit him and the WP.

Can't believe you, as a self proclaimed expert political observer, cannot see this. But then again you were the one who thought that Steve Chia was still electable.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
If WP persuaded Can't believe you, as a self proclaimed expert political observer, cannot see this. But then again you were the one who thought that Steve Chia was still electable.

Steve Chia? Is he the one being investigated for some nude photos with maid?

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
After watching the press conference.

LTK super helicopter. Gave no brainer answers.
Png cannot speak, no direction, no substance.
Overall very bad press conference.

Again notice that Chen Show Mao absent from pres conference. Second time in a row. My hunch is correct, he is disillusioned by now.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
After watching the press conference.

LTK super helicopter. Gave no brainer answers.
Png cannot speak, no direction, no substance.
Overall very bad press conference.

Again notice that Chen Show Mao absent from pres conference. Second time in a row. My hunch is correct, he is disillusioned by now.

Sounds bad. Do you think WP will lose in this BE?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds bad. Do you think WP will lose in this BE?

Momentum will carry them forward, all bets are on them to win but I won't be surprise if PAP wins this time, contrary to what a lot of pundits say.
Hougang residents cannot be so stupid, there will be a swing effect.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Momentum will carry them forward, all bets are on them to win but I won't be surprise if PAP wins this time, contrary to what a lot of pundits say.
Hougang residents cannot be so stupid, there will be a swing effect.

Hougang residents cannot be so stupid they will never be conned by people like you

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Momentum will carry them forward, all bets are on them to win but I won't be surprise if PAP wins this time, contrary to what a lot of pundits say. Hougang residents cannot be so stupid, there will be a swing effect.

We'll know on 26 May. Whatever it is, our political landscape is forever changed after GE2011, and the seed was planted back in 2006. Exciting times ahead!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am dismay at your uncreative mind. Never mind, it is not my job to teach you how to deal with such things.

If you put YSL and Steve Chia side by side, anytime I would say Steve Chia is still more electable than YSL. YSL is EOL politically.

Goh Meng Seng

If WP persuaded Eric Tan to come back to stand in Hougang, you can be sure that the press will be non-stop hounding him and WP about the entire incident all over again, and providing PAP with all the ammo it needs to discredit him and the WP.

Can't believe you, as a self proclaimed expert political observer, cannot see this. But then again you were the one who thought that Steve Chia was still electable.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am dismay at your uncreative mind. Never mind, it is not my job to teach you how to deal with such things.

If you put YSL and Steve Chia side by side, anytime I would say Steve Chia is still more electable than YSL. YSL is EOL politically.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh history has show you yourself are never electable

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

What does "electable" means? How does integrity fit into "electable"? Are you saying Steve Chia, who took nude photos of his maid and himself, is a better candidate than YSL? In what aspect, can you clarify?

But I agree with you. By running away, YSL's political future is a big fat zero.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does "electable" means? How does integrity fit into "electable"? Are you saying Steve Chia, who took nude photos of his maid and himself, is a better candidate than YSL? In what aspect, can you clarify?

At the very least, you would not expect Steve Chia to announce publicly that he voted for PAP whilst still an opposition member. YSL is a moron in that aspect.

As for personal indiscretions, screwing another person's wife is a cardinal sin. Impregnating another man's wife....well, I rest my case. Any man who says YSL's indiscretion is inconsequential should put his "wife" in his mouth.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the very least, you would not expect Steve Chia to announce publicly that he voted for PAP whilst still an opposition member. YSL is a moron in that aspect.

As for personal indiscretions, screwing another person's wife is a cardinal sin. Impregnating another man's wife....well, I rest my case. Any man who says YSL's indiscretion is inconsequential should put his "wife" in his mouth.

I agree with you that YSL is politically naive to tell people he voted for PAP.

But I'm not sure if adultery is much worse than taking nude photos of your maid. At least the former is consensual, for the latter, even if SC claimed that the maid was consensual, don't forget that SC was her employer, a position of power. He abused that position.

Personally, I think people who abuse their positions are much worse animals. Adultery is indeed a sin and personally, I'll never do that. But adultery is concensual. I leave the conclusion to you.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I'm not sure if adultery is much worse than taking nude photos of your maid. At least the former is consensual, for the latter, even if SC claimed that the maid was consensual, don't forget that SC was her employer, a position of power. He abused that position.

You've admitted you're not sure, but YSL definitely knows the standard by which he will be judged. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. YSL, of all people, should know since he used to talk about God during his rally.

Adultery has to be consensual in order for it to be adultery. Otherwise, it's considered rape. If you want to about act being consensual, you should ask the husband of the woman whether he consented to the act. The consent of the parties to the adultery is not the issue; it's the (lack of) consent of spouses of the parties to the adultery that is the issue.

Like I said, if any man thinks that YSL's indiscretion is inconsequential, please put your wife in your mouth and offer her as a living sacrifice to, you know who.

What SC did was stupid; what YSL did was sinful !

Last edited:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be fair. YSL did screwed the china girl who was doing translation service for the party. I am not sure whether using party fund to screw a poor housewife who did some freelance translation work to supplement household income is morally acceptable to you.

I agree with you that YSL is politically naive to tell people he voted for PAP.

Personally, I think people who abuse their positions are much worse animals. Adultery is indeed a sin and personally, I'll never do that. But adultery is concensual. I leave the conclusion to you.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be fair. YSL did screwed the china girl who was doing translation service for the party. I am not sure whether using party fund to screw a poor housewife who did some freelance translation work to supplement household income is morally acceptable to you.

don't short change Yaw, he screwed Angelo Oon too.