• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM rally - A GREAT DISSAPPOINTMENT & boring!!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you have experienced ending up in hospital in other countries, you'll learn to appreciate the Singapore system. It is ranked the BEST in Asia and the 6th best in the WHOLE WORLD by WHO.

Can i expect 1st Best in the Whole World by WHO when they expect the World Best Pay for politicians? :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
If only scum was so forgiving to those he view as his enemies...
Thanks bro MH for sharing the nuggets of history many of us would otherwise not know....
Indeed vileness of the man is still evident 40 years on...
I previously had heard he consulted master HC well into the 80s....and that even color of his tie to wear was advised by master....heard scum managed to 'Siam' a plane crash due to master's prediction....dunno any truth or not.

Yes thanks to bro Merl Haggard.
Forummers like MH who give us great nuggets of information without demanding that their monikers be "credible and respected" and without constantly boasting about how much and who they know, are indeed gems.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yah lor
PPLPs is the best course of action here
when you lost an argument
and call shits gems and jewels
haha...

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then came the stable period in the 70's, when the director of housing wanted to make a compulsory acquisition of a huge chunk of the temple land for road widening. Grandmaster called to ask him to ask his director to instead acquire the cemetery land right across the street.

Scum refused to accede to his request, and thereafter Grandmaster refused to have anymore dealings with him from 1972 onwards.

for some reason he refused to return favour-for-favour, asian style. and yet guan ming san remains the biggest buddhist temple in singapore. interesting though he should turn around later on in life and bought those discounted HPL condos.

maybe its a hakka thing, take take take but no give. :*:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched it live from beginning to end. It was enthralling and uplifting. PM Lee is creating an exciting future full of opportunities for those who want to achieve great things in their lives.

I've never witnessed a leader so in tune with the hopes and aspirations of society. I've lived in the UK, Australia and the US and sat through speeches by politicians which don't contain even 5% of the substance that PM Lee delivered last night.

Maybe so, but we still didn't get our money's worth.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reserved places for P1 students that do not qualify for any of those 1A, 2A, 2B phases seemed to benefit those new citizens or foreigners more than locals. Anyone think so?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kind of think so. Indeed it looks to be so. Had it come years before, it wont look so bad. But as it is, it definitely smacks of tweaking the system to make things more favourable for foreigners. Then again, would foreigners send their children to international schools or local schools? I am aware that a few opportunists like Jim Rogers do. But I doubt the new Indians will want to join local schools. Why do you think they have two big Indian international schools here, and still asking for more space for expansion?

But we never know in future. I have heard that some new Indians have been complaining to the masters why their children cannot take a second language in Mandarin when they study in local schools.

The reserved places for P1 students that do not qualify for any of those 1A, 2A, 2B phases seemed to benefit those new citizens or foreigners more than locals. Anyone think so?

Last edited: