• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM rally - A GREAT DISSAPPOINTMENT & boring!!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees are suckers and easily fall for all these bull. What a load of crap..

That is my point. Every NDR he will reach a moment where he almost sheds tears.

And next GE there will be another "sorry", and all will be forgiven.

Thus, as much as I would like to think otherwise, come 2016 we are unlikely to see major political change except for a few more WP MPs.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
health care costs started rising in singapore after we pushed to be a medical hub. doctor's fees, followed by hospital costs are the 2 biggest factors in health care. both went up as more foreigners poured in, soaking up the limited supply of our health care services.

it is a LIE that more health care coverage = more costs for our kids.

if i am old, retired and sick and there is little state subsidy, the burden falls onto my children to pay for my healthcare costs, just as i will have to pay for my parents'.

instead of having a gardens by the airport, i would rather have low insurance premiums for the elderly.

The key to PM's speech is self-reliance. You look at Finland and the other welfare states. The states bears a large part of the cost, but is their system better? No!

It is only through self-reliance that we can maintain a sustainable and affordable healthcare system for all. Costs are going to go up for sure, that is why we must save as much as possible now, to prepare for the eventual inflation that lies ahead.

PM's speech is all about forward planning and accepting harsh realities. That is why I have been swayed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key to PM's speech is self-reliance. You look at Finland and the other welfare states. The states bears a large part of the cost, but is their system better? No!

It is only through self-reliance that we can maintain a sustainable and affordable healthcare system for all. Costs are going to go up for sure, that is why we must save as much as possible now, to prepare for the eventual inflation that lies ahead.

PM's speech is all about forward planning and accepting harsh realities. That is why I have been swayed.

Who's even talking about welfare....there's no actual subsidy now to begin with...
You all know of pap bastardized version of the word subsidy....
Pap wants to make profit out of EVERYTHING.... see public housing and public transport to name just 2.....these are basic needs in case you dun know.
Now is healthcare....apparently importing lousy 3rd FT docs and nurses arent meeting their targets for lowering costs to make more profit....so time to milk the dumb sinkies again.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key to PM's speech is self-reliance. You look at Finland and the other welfare states. The states bears a large part of the cost, but is their system better? No.

You are right. I don't rely on the government and feel that I will never need to vote for them.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But without fail your fellow dumb 60.1% fall for it hook line and sinker...
Hehe why fix it if it ain't broken? Good to use till 2016 at least...

Yes the unbearable stupidity of those dumb sinkies. It is for this reason that Lee kuan Yew and his family can rule Singapore for decade after decade after decade after decade.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes the unbearable stupidity of those dumb sinkies. It is for this reason that Lee kuan Yew and his family can rule Singapore for decade after decade after decade after decade.

I really dun get it...
I know the MSM is bottom of the heap but we are not to North Korea's extent...even Burmese are more savvy although they also got their controlled press.
Sinkies are supposedly well travelled, cosmopolitan outlook....many educated overseas too.
PAP is indeed the envy of dictatorships worldwide....they can franchise their indoctrination programme for big bucks....
I am now starting to believe boss man sam's argument that sinkies indeed do have defective genes.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are right. I don't rely on the government and feel that I will never need to vote for them.

Shortsighted. The government is at a turning point. It is time for us to rally together to support them, so they can create the best possible conditions for all of us. The Utusan Melayu outburst is a case in point. If we as Singaporeans don't show solidarity with our government, we will be treated as weak and we will be bullied. Unity is strength and no man is an island.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did people really expect anything else from the PAP :confused:
There's no election or by-election being planned so it's just business as usual for them. Actually it is a good thing because if they had thrown some crumbs it might have appeased some of the "lesser mortals".

By ignoring the issues faced by the "lesser mortals", frustration & resentment against the PAP will continue to build & we are likely to see the results in the next GE.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is even worse is the proposed increased Medisave contributions. Seems that it could even mean a re-allocation of money from Ordinary and Special accounts to the Medisave account. Monies locked up forever ?!?! Will the dumb Health Minister be tasked to deliver the news on that later ?

This mean's even fewer can retire and the medical cost will keep spiraling up....he should propose measures to contain the rise in cost of medicare

Last edited: