• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Serious PM Lee To Offer A Substantial Hongbao To Singapore's Merdeka Generation!! Huat Ah!

prime-minister-lee-hsien-loong-speaks-at-a-merdeka-generation-tribute-event.jpg

SINGAPORE: The Merdeka Generation Package for Singaporeans born in the 1950s - first announced at last year’s National Day Rally - will be a "substantial" one and go some way in helping these citizens with their medical expenses, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Saturday (Feb 2).

Those born in 1949 and earlier who had missed out on the previous Pioneer Generation Package but had obtained citizenship by Dec 31, 1996 will also qualify, added Mr Lee.

"Ministers Heng Swee Keat and Gan Kim Yong will announce the details in Parliament later this month, so I shall not steal their thunder," said the Prime Minister.

"But I can tell you without giving away any secrets that it is a substantial package, and will go some way to helping you with your medical expenses, and to expressing the nation’s gratitude to the Merdeka Generation."

Mr Lee was speaking at a tribute event for 200 Merdeka Generation guests and their partners at Gardens by the Bay.

During last year's National Day Rally, Mr Lee had said the package would include the likes of outpatient subsidies, Medisave top-ups, premium subsidies for the MediShield Life insurance scheme and payouts for long term care.

These are similar areas covered by the S$8 billion Pioneer Generation Package launched in 2014 to help with healthcare costs.

There are an estimated 500,000 Merdeka Generation individuals in Singapore.

"The package is for those born in the 1950s - the years when we strove for Merdeka: Freedom, independence and sovereignty," said Mr Lee, who was born in 1952 and also belongs to the Merdeka Generation.

members-of-the-merdeka-generation---liz-neo.jpg

The Merdeka Generation, mostly in their 60s today, were part of Singapore’s journey from third world to first.

They lived through challenges such as the major recession in 1985, the Asian Financial Crisis about 10 years later and the global financial crisis in 2008.

The generation was also alive during the Sep 11, 2001 attacks in the United States as well as the SARS outbreak in Singapore two years after.

“We had lived through the upheavals of the independence struggle in the 1950s and early 1960s, as well as the years in Malaysia," said Mr Lee. "We saw what our parents went through. We were determined to pick up from them and keep on building Singapore."

He noted Singapore has completely changed today, but the country faces new challenges including keeping the economy competitive, preparing for an ageing population and maintaining social mobility.

"If the Merdeka Generation can pass down your life experience and survival values to future generations, you will do another great service to Singapore," he said.

Speaking to reporters, some members of the Merdeka Generation said they were glad that their generation is being recognised.

“We hope that we will be well taken care of, because our age is catching up. We do not know when we will fall sick. I'm very proud that I'm part of the generation,” said 61-year-old Mr Mohamed Salleh Ali.

Meanwhile, Mr Eric Wong, 63, shared that the support will help them continue to contribute to Singapore: "Today, I find that I’m better than the older generation, and my children are better than me. And hopefully this goes on."

Saturday’s event also saw the launch of a video with the theme “Hands that Shaped the Nation”, that paid tribute to the determination, perseverance and hope of the Merdeka Generation throughout Singapore’s formative years.

Guests were also treated to performances by fellow Merdeka Generation members like singer-songwriter Dick Lee and singer Rahimah Rahim, who debuted the song Merdeka Sayang.

The song, which conveys the pride of the Merdeka Generation for the role they played in shaping Singapore’s progress, was a remix of Lee’s Rasa Sayang.

Lee said he was inspired by his memories growing up and how his generation is still active.

"Having black-and-white TV, for example, and how buses had no air-con. How we are today … we're so positive and still active, and still have a lot of things we want to do," he said.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...tion-package-lee-hsien-loong-pioneer-11198100

"Vote Buying, Vote Buying". This is what those Oppie Dogs will definitely cry foul.

Sinkies are welcome to take the PAP goodies and vote for oppies. There's nothing to stop residents of AMK or Tanjong Pagar GRCs from voting for oppies after being at the first of the queue to get their upgradings. But they don't vote for the oppies because they know the oppies are unreliable and have no good ideas.

But don't forget that Ah Bock, which is their Ace Player, may join hands with LHY (and some say Inderjit as well) in AMK. Oppie Dogs are already calling for Sinkies to "HANG ON, HANG ON". So, how? How to disappoint these dogs?

Erection gimmick. Lol :biggrin:
After erection, will say money must come from somewhere. So gotta increase GST. Lol. :biggrin:

But sinkers will always sink and vote PAP. Song Bo 30%?
KNN basically enforcing their children to pay for the package KNN
During last year's National Day Rally, Mr Lee had said the package would include the likes of outpatient subsidies, Medisave top-ups, premium subsidies for the MediShield Life insurance scheme and payouts for long term care.
KNN these items looks like returning to lhl pocket types of schemes KNN

tun_dr_m

prime-minister-lee-hsien-loong-speaks-at-a-merdeka-generation-tribute-event.jpg

SINGAPORE: The Merdeka Generation Package for Singaporeans born in the 1950s - first announced at last year’s National Day Rally - will be a "substantial" one and go some way in helping these citizens with their medical expenses, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Saturday (Feb 2).

Those born in 1949 and earlier who had missed out on the previous Pioneer Generation Package but had obtained citizenship by Dec 31, 1996 will also qualify, added Mr Lee.

"Ministers Heng Swee Keat and Gan Kim Yong will announce the details in Parliament later this month, so I shall not steal their thunder," said the Prime Minister.

"But I can tell you without giving away any secrets that it is a substantial package, and will go some way to helping you with your medical expenses, and to expressing the nation’s gratitude to the Merdeka Generation."

Mr Lee was speaking at a tribute event for 200 Merdeka Generation guests and their partners at Gardens by the Bay.

These are similar areas covered by the S$8 billion Pioneer Generation Package launched in 2014 to help with healthcare costs.

There are an estimated 500,000 Merdeka Generation individuals in Singapore.

"The package is for those born in the 1950s - the years when we strove for Merdeka: Freedom, independence and sovereignty," said Mr Lee, who was born in 1952 and also belongs to the Merdeka Generation.

members-of-the-merdeka-generation---liz-neo.jpg

The Merdeka Generation, mostly in their 60s today, were part of Singapore’s journey from third world to first.

They lived through challenges such as the major recession in 1985, the Asian Financial Crisis about 10 years later and the global financial crisis in 2008.

The generation was also alive during the Sep 11, 2001 attacks in the United States as well as the SARS outbreak in Singapore two years after.

“We had lived through the upheavals of the independence struggle in the 1950s and early 1960s, as well as the years in Malaysia," said Mr Lee. "We saw what our parents went through. We were determined to pick up from them and keep on building Singapore."

He noted Singapore has completely changed today, but the country faces new challenges including keeping the economy competitive, preparing for an ageing population and maintaining social mobility.

"If the Merdeka Generation can pass down your life experience and survival values to future generations, you will do another great service to Singapore," he said.

Speaking to reporters, some members of the Merdeka Generation said they were glad that their generation is being recognised.

“We hope that we will be well taken care of, because our age is catching up. We do not know when we will fall sick. I'm very proud that I'm part of the generation,” said 61-year-old Mr Mohamed Salleh Ali.

Meanwhile, Mr Eric Wong, 63, shared that the support will help them continue to contribute to Singapore: "Today, I find that I’m better than the older generation, and my children are better than me. And hopefully this goes on."

Saturday’s event also saw the launch of a video with the theme “Hands that Shaped the Nation”, that paid tribute to the determination, perseverance and hope of the Merdeka Generation throughout Singapore’s formative years.

Guests were also treated to performances by fellow Merdeka Generation members like singer-songwriter Dick Lee and singer Rahimah Rahim, who debuted the song Merdeka Sayang.

The song, which conveys the pride of the Merdeka Generation for the role they played in shaping Singapore’s progress, was a remix of Lee’s Rasa Sayang.

Lee said he was inspired by his memories growing up and how his generation is still active.

"Having black-and-white TV, for example, and how buses had no air-con. How we are today … we're so positive and still active, and still have a lot of things we want to do," he said.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...tion-package-lee-hsien-loong-pioneer-11198100

Lan Jiao OK?

That Generation already CREMATED understand?

Phu Bor Loong take people’s 20% salary give 2% back say can help pay bill knnbccb but the worst are those who receive it and got an erection really phtui

it's impossible for oppies to win majority of votes if sinkies can easily be swayed by a $696 ang pow. and yes, sinkies can easily be swayed. the problem doesn't lie with the swayer. it rests entirely on the swayed.

This shows how kind and thoughtful the PAP is. LHL really cares for us. I feel it in my bones.

Take from our left pocket and return into our right pocket...hokien people will say lam par par lan.