• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

please help to solve this riddle

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee siok chin is reputable bankrupt. she went to court with lawyer. she dropped court case and must pay court charges $1000(reported in 2 sep, ST)
lawyer went to court with csc. lawyer filed documents late (after 18 aug dateline).

who should pay $1k? does bankrupt need to pay lawyer's fee in this case?

now solve the riddle.:confused::rolleyes:

if the report is twisted, then the case already self-solved:eek:

gobuster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay 1k also bankrupt, don't pay also bankrupt. Why pay.
Lawyer own her for publicity opportunity. Who need to pay who.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay 1k also bankrupt, don't pay also bankrupt. Why pay.
Lawyer own her for publicity opportunity. Who need to pay who.

QUOTE:

The AG;S CHAMBERS ALSO ARGUED THAT MS CHEE'S APPLICATION WAS "FRIVOLOUS N VEXATIOUS" AS SHE HERSELF HAD DELAYED PROCEEDINGS UNTIL AFTER THE PROGRAMME WAS OVER, THUS RENDERING ANY COURT RULING OF NO USE.

the ST report ended with:

YESTERDAY, MR CHIA ALSO COMPLAINED THAT MS CHEE WAS NOT GIVEN THE RIGHT TO REPLY AS THE COURT HAD PREVIOUSLY REJECTED DOCUMENTS HE WANTED TO FILE. BUT HE ADMITTED THAT THIS WAS BECAUSE HE HAD FILED THEM AFTER THE AUG 18 DEADLINE THAT HAD BEEN SET.

so actually who's faults? did she do it on purpose....just to create another scene of finger pointing??:confused:

again, the report could be twisted. if that's the case, the riddle has self solved itself.:p

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
is she declares herself bankrupt,that will be the end of her.
an bankrupt cannot go overseas,have to apply for permits and cannot enter for election.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
still...she can do pay the owed amount before the next election and contest for elections...pardon if me understandings are wrong...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
an bankrupt cannot go overseas,have to apply for permits and cannot enter for election.

it's already the end for chee and hence for SDP. it's sad. no matter what SDP is also ranked as one of the pioneer political opp party that comes to ruin after cst.:mad:

lau lee had hinted to chee to get himself out of the bankruptcy so as to be able to contest in the next GE. he sounded like chee had foreign financial backing which chee's keeping mum about this secret.

this would be another riddle to be solved. what if there is really a foreign NGO funding chee? what would all the chee loyalist think then??:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lau lee had hinted to chee to get himself out of the bankruptcy so as to be able to contest in the next GE. he sounded like chee had foreign financial backing which chee's keeping mum about this secret.

Hint or no hint, he simply wants Dr. Chee to pay him. He sued, remember?

He's losing lots of money suing Dr. Chee, legal fees, court fees etc. when Dr. Chee refused to pay.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
legal costs are peanuts to him tho

I think Davinder Singh charges quite a lot, above peanuts.

Actually, it may be good that defendants in defamation suits simply declare bankrupty and refuse to pay. Then the plaintiffs would bear the cost and feel the pinch of so-called upholding their reputation. This would reduce the number of whimsical, frivolous and politically motivated lawsuits, where rich and powerful plaintiffs try to win back "reputation" and make a tidy sum out of it.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
peanuts compared to what he is earning....

not saying Davinder is charging little but that compared to their wealth, the legal costs is nothing....

as for "where rich and powerful plaintiffs try to win back "reputation" and make a tidy sum out of it.", how tidy sum is it? Don't forget, they (lee) normally donate the sum to needy organisations....until there are actual cases which resulted in huge compensations eg the stockbroker king case which is still in progress...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK. You've got a point. So you support defamation suits Singapore-style? That is, by inference of innuendo. People such as Uncle Yap has repeatedly directly and unequivocally defamed government leaders. Why isn't he sued? Charity organizations must be praying for more suits against defendants less malicious but of more affordability then. If I run a charitable organization, I'd refuse such donations.

Ridler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya. If bankrupt then everything is over. Might as well dun start in the first place.

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ramseth dear...

Have you ever think that by choosing to donate the $$ they won through defamation suit to charity..they can actually get alot of tax rebate?

Do you seriously think that it is for charity??? think again ;-)

just my 2cts..

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hint or no hint, he simply wants Dr. Chee to pay him. He sued, remember?

He's losing lots of money suing Dr. Chee, legal fees, court fees etc. when Dr. Chee refused to pay.

you mean the STATE IS LOSING LOTS OF $ not lau lee....and the state means us peasants.:eek:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Davinder Singh charges quite a lot, above peanuts.

Actually, it may be good that defendants in defamation suits simply declare bankrupty and refuse to pay. Then the plaintiffs would bear the cost and feel the pinch of so-called upholding their reputation. This would reduce the number of whimsical, frivolous and politically motivated lawsuits, where rich and powerful plaintiffs try to win back "reputation" and make a tidy sum out of it.

thought the singh works for LEE & LEE which provides him the turban. right or not huh?:confused::confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
new funny quip from lau lee:

DON'T PRAY PRAY WITH ME...i got knuckle-duster to arrange bones but my singh can turban u until bankrupt over and over again :smile:

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ramseth dear...

Have you ever think that by choosing to donate the $$ they won through defamation suit to charity..they can actually get alot of tax rebate?

Do you seriously think that it is for charity??? think again ;-)

just my 2cts..

Hi LaMei,

think it was I who talked about the donation thingy....

another way of seeing this is....do u think the tax rebate is enuf for them to cover their wealth/income?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Answer to your riddle is:

Your father regretted having you and should help to pay the $1K to atone for his mistakes.