• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

please do not show this thread to Sylvia Lim

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should more about the implications of this relationship.... I am no relationship expert but apparently, PAP has hit SL's exact weak spot --- love and emotions. What makes it worse is she stepping into the trap so willingly and losing sight of her dangerous political situation. I repeat, PAP is all out on the offensive and they started with online community, bloggers etc. They will move in for the kill for WP MPs one by one. Yes, they are despicable to hit under the belt but don't be naive to take PAP as your kind sort of gentleman to start with.
Goh Meng Seng

I re-read your comments and somehow I get this feeling that you are suggesting QKS was 'planted' into SL's personal life. Everything orchestrated and SL fell for it. If that is so, why take so long to find a 'plant'. Shouldn't that have taken place much earlier? Why QKS? I opine your are over-reacting and overly suspicious. Perhaps, your past experience made you this way.

Wouldn't it be much better for whoever wants to destroy SL politically to have planted a married man or one who is 20-30 years junior in age to SL? SL stepping into this trap? She is a very cautious lady, in case you aren't aware. I highly doubt SL falls into traps so easily even if it is related to matters of the heart. They took 6 months to go public. Why? Ever wondered what would happen if they chose to hide their relationship. S'pore is a small place. Keeping their relationship a secret cannot be the better option.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
20130802_quah.jpg

SINGAPORE - After a series of photos showing former football hero Quah Kim Song embracing an unidentified woman, he and Workers' Party chairman Sylvia Lim have responded to say that 'this is a non-issue to us'.

The joint statement was sent as a text message from Ms Lim's handphone to Chinese evening daily, Shin Min Daily News.

The photos of Mr Quah and the unidentified, Filipino-looking woman began circulating in an online forum thread, with the heading, "please do not show this thread to Sylvia Lim", shortly after their romance was officially announced.

Ms Lim, 48, and Mr Quah, 61, confirmed last Saturday that they have been dating for about six months.

She told The Sunday Times that some mutual friends had coaxed Mr Quah to sing at the WP's variety show, Bricks In Blue, in January.

"We became close after that," she said.

The former football star, 61, is a widower with two children.

Who doesn't have a past?

According to Shin Min, Ms Lim sent the message to the evening daily on Thursday evening, at around 6.25pm. The couple issued the joint statement after discussion. They were uncontactable before that.

Ms Lim reportedly said in the same statement that the photos were taken in the past, and who didn't have a past? We will look forward to the future, the the times we will be spending together."

The couple also confirmed that Mr Quah had told Ms Lim about the woman before they dated.

In a phone interview given to the Chinese evening daily after Ms Lim's statement, Mr Quah said he and the woman in the pictures were dating for a year, but they went their separate ways about one and a half years ago.

He said: "We tried dating, but things didn't turn out well, so we went our separate ways.

"I have not been in contact with her for the past one and a half years. I don't even know whether she has changed her handphone number."

The photos were reportedly uploaded online in June 2012. The woman also thanked Mr Quah for celebrating her birthday with her in an online posting.

Mr Quah added he had requested for the woman to remove the photos from the Internet before his relationship with Ms Lim became public. But he cannot confirm why the photos were still available online.

He also said that he will not request for the woman to remove the pictures again, or take any actions against online bloggers who have been circulating the photos.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Golden Dragon,

He may not be "planted" as you suggested but he is NOT an "unknown" individual and even you know about him, right?

No matter who comes into the picture, if there are "dirt" to be thrown, they will do it even if it means hitting under the belt. The "trap" is to lead SL step by step into aligning herself with whoever in question whom they may have more bullets to shoot. These photos don't just appear like that. There isn't such "coincidence", so to speak. First to make public hoohaa over such private relationship (have you heard MSM made any hoohaa over any PAP MPs going into relationship unless they are getting married?) and then the photos surface. It is a step by step, making sure she admitted to the relationship and then reveal these photos then get her to respond "in support" of her BF and then... just wait and see.

I don't feel good nor right about it only WP people would go wild in "congratulating" such revelation of private relationship.

Goh Meng Seng

I re-read your comments and somehow I get this feeling that you are suggesting QKS was 'planted' into SL's personal life. Everything orchestrated and SL fell for it. If that is so, why take so long to find a 'plant'. Shouldn't that have taken place much earlier? Why QKS? I opine your are over-reacting and overly suspicious. Perhaps, your past experience made you this way.

Wouldn't it be much better for whoever wants to destroy SL politically to have planted a married man or one who is 20-30 years junior in age to SL? SL stepping into this trap? She is a very cautious lady, in case you aren't aware. I highly doubt SL falls into traps so easily even if it is related to matters of the heart. They took 6 months to go public. Why? Ever wondered what would happen if they chose to hide their relationship. S'pore is a small place. Keeping their relationship a secret cannot be the better option.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While I agree with you on PAP's 'tactics', I really doubt they are hitting at SL's weak spot.

PAP will not be so naive to think that this episode will cost WP votes. It might cause WP to gain votes.

If the hand of PAP is behind this, the motive will be to discourage people from entering opposition politics, since the prospect of having no private life will put off talented people wanting to join the opposition.

But the thing is, and GMS has no clue, is that such an outlook of the opposition will affect the third parties more than WP. If the WP ticket is not enough to attract talented people to forego their privacy, what more parties like NSP, RP, DPP, SDA?

GMS might think this is some form of self-reassurance, but I say, we can only wait and see. Already, the third parties are struggling amid hiding behind smiley photographs, cosmetic walkabouts and new creative but unsustainable initiatives.

PS: When Vincent Wijeysingha revealed himself to be gay, GMS was all quiet. He probably thinks a politician with a boyfriend that had a past relationship will lose more votes than a politician who is openly gay. (Don't get me wrong, I think Vincent is very electable, or at least much more than GMS.)

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
BTW, it has nothing to do with my "past experience" whatsoever.

Look, they kept YSL information tight, even creating a false sense of security for YSL and WP before they blew it up at the opportune time...not even during GE2011 but AFTER he won and became WP MP. They are good in such scheming and there is no "COINCIDENCE" whatsoever.

SL relationship has started for 6 months and you think ISD doesn't know anything about that? There is no coincidence for such "leaks" to come AFTER Ceiling Saga.

I am not "overly suspicious" but if you want to survive in this political game, you will have to stay vigilant and guarded. We will never know the truth but only on hindsight...however, as an opposition politician, she must be very careful on every steps she made. She is getting herself cornered in every sense and this really doesn't look good at all.

They study everybody's profile and understand weaknesses and strength. They will use the appropriate angle or methods crack each opposition. For SL, it is her love and emotional life. They haven't found anything on CSM because he has been away for too long thus they have to spend time to figure that out. But for YSL and SL, they have been studied thoroughly and they will press the buttons if needed to be, despicable or otherwise.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Top scholar of USA (University of Smart Alec), you are so naive to think that PAP will openly to be identified with such a plot? There will always be other people to do the dirty jobs and they will just stay far far and watch in amusement.

I always believe the flocks of the same feather will go together and not all talented people are WP-like. :wink:

There is nothing really new about what VW has said or not said. It has been done with in last GE and PAP is stupid enough to be identified with such attacks. Now they have evolved and become smarter...but Smart Alec being Smart Alec, will have to learn from the stupid ways.

Goh Meng Seng

PAP will not be so naive to think that this episode will cost WP votes. It might cause WP to gain votes.

If the hand of PAP is behind this, the motive will be to discourage people from entering opposition politics, since the prospect of having no private life will put off talented people wanting to join the opposition.

But the thing is, and GMS has no clue, is that such an outlook of the opposition will affect the third parties more than WP. If the WP ticket is not enough to attract talented people to forego their privacy, what more parties like NSP, RP, DPP, SDA?

GMS might think this is some form of self-reassurance, but I say, we can only wait and see. Already, the third parties are struggling amid hiding behind smiley photographs, cosmetic walkabouts and new creative but unsustainable initiatives.

PS: When Vincent Wijeysingha revealed himself to be gay, GMS was all quiet. He probably thinks a politician with a boyfriend that had a past relationship will lose more votes than a politician who is openly gay. (Don't get me wrong, I think Vincent is very electable, or at least much more than GMS.)

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Top scholar of USA (University of Smart Alec), you are so naive to think that PAP will openly to be identified with such a plot? There will always be other people to do the dirty jobs and they will just stay far far and watch in amusement.

I always believe the flocks of the same feather will go together and not all talented people are WP-like. :wink:

There is nothing really new about what VW has said or not said. It has been done with in last GE and PAP is stupid enough to be identified with such attacks. Now they have evolved and become smarter...but Smart Alec being Smart Alec, will have to learn from the stupid ways.

Goh Meng Seng

Yes, please continue.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To address your point, if PAP was stupid to identify with such attacks on VW, you must be smart to identify yourself with your attacks on SL.

Whatever happens to PAP or WP in future, I assure you can do nothing any more in the political scene.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Heng arh, lucky my honours is first class and not second class. :wink::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Terms that Ah Seng will use to address us in 2015/2016 instead of stupid or insect

1. Fellow Singaporeans
2. SBF Member (hehehe)
3. Bro
4. please add on ...........

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng arh, lucky my honours is first class and not second class. :wink::biggrin:

Your first class is in what ? Mine is in Economics (more specifically, home economics) :biggrin:
Terms that Ah Seng will use to address us in 2015/2016 instead of stupid or insect

1. Fellow Singaporeans
2. SBF Member (hehehe)
3. Bro
4. please add on ...........

5. Fellow UFO-watchers

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Top scholar always think differently. :wink:

Why would you view this as "attack" on SL? Palm Face. Haha.... Apparently you cannot comprehend at all. Blind to the real danger while taking good advice as "attacks"....haha...epic! Top Graduate from USA!

Goh Meng Seng

To address your point, if PAP was stupid to identify with such attacks on VW, you must be smart to identify yourself with your attacks on SL.

Whatever happens to PAP or WP in future, I assure you can do nothing any more in the political scene.

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only assessment I have made wrong is the level of unhappiness Singaporeans had against PAP. YSL destiny predicted no doubt and the reasons used to sack him have been deliberated as well. In fact I was amazed at the similarity of the reasons

As for TKL, I can only tell you that losing deposit is within expectation though we hope for the best. It is unfortunate as study is done before TJS stepped in. Not everyone is born politician but that doesnt mean that they are no good ans definitely, it doesnt mean those born politician are better in anyways. I still stick with my choice based on core values I believed in.

Goh Meng Seng
http://www.singsupplies.com/showthr...kers-Party-town-council&p=1546925#post1546925
TKL is not the one who should worry about his deposit. TCB and TJS are the ones who should be worried about their deposits. Put it simply, TJS are playing the opposition mode which he hopes to garner those 40% of voters who have voted opposition. However, he is gravely mistaken because those who have voted opposition in GE2011 consists of only 20% or less of hardcore anti-PAP while the other are made up of swing voters who are generally the silent majority.
Goh Meng Seng

How smart can you be gms. You are just a bitter loser.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS - If I happen to be SL, I have nothing to fear. Agree with you on ISD having PFs on these people. All intel agencies are tasked to ensure that politicians are not 'influenced' by foreigners. Monitoring is part and parcel of their job. They will even know when it is 'red' for SL!

Imo, SL needs to fear only if she 'steal eat' behind Song's back. If other way around, no big deal. Staying vigilant and guarded? Yes, by all means but not to the point of being paranoid. I trust SL's assessment and am very confident she is fully aware of the dos and donts. She might not have many relationships to boast of but there again, she is no fool.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He also said that he will not request for the woman to remove the pictures again, or take any actions against online bloggers who have been circulating the photos.
- Shin Min trash reporter said QKS said.

Take what actions? Give me a break, it's not illegal to post what is already made public on the internet, even if it is subsequently taken down. Use your fucking brain please.....the internet is like that. If you wish to be off the grid, make sure nothing of you is on the internet. If it is already on the internet, GOOD FUCKING LUCK THEN.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top scholar always think differently. :wink:

Why would you view this as "attack" on SL? Palm Face. Haha.... Apparently you cannot comprehend at all. Blind to the real danger while taking good advice as "attacks"....haha...epic! Top Graduate from USA!

Goh Meng Seng

Hello Mr Goh,

I think you make sense! Really agree with your analysis !

Good job!