• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corrupted Ex Police Indian Bitch Kalaivani Kalimuthu needs to be flogged and beheaded! She murdered Benjamin Lim!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1584940141889884160.html

Thread Reader

Wali Khan Profile picture

Wali Khan

Twitter logo
Oct 25 • 47 tweets • 14 min read
Bookmark Save as PDF My Authors
Joel Chan York Yee, an National University of Singapore student I investigated last year for his filming of women w/o their consent during sex, has pleaded guilty to 2 counts of voyeurism. But this story goes WAY deeper (a long, WILD )

TW: SA, suicide

Ex-NUS student pleads guilty to filming sex acts with two women without their consentThe court heard on Tuesday that he had met both women on dating app Tinder. Read more at straitstimes.com.https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...sex-acts-with-two-women-without-their-consent
Having spoken to one of the two survivors, Ava*, for more than a year, I can guarantee you that it has NOT been easy getting to this stage. And on a university level, things have been downright rancid.

But first, the sexual violence that Mr Yee engaged in: Image Image Image
I had to break the news to Ava and she had no idea Mr Yee had plead guilty nor did she know about the article. This is not good. Image
let’s begin with this:

This was an article I published after receiving intel about Mr Yee being expelled. We had to toe legal lines since the police investigation into him had been in its infancy so bear with the barebones nature:

NUS Expels Residential Assistant Accused of Sexual Assault — The Parrot ReviewBy Wali Khanhttps://www.theparrotreview.com/op-ed/nus-expels-residential-assistant-accused-of-sexual-assault
It was during this time I received a cease and desist from Mr Yee’s lawyers at Leo Fernando LLC. It was boilerplate scare tactic bullshit and also not the first C&D I’ve received so I ignored it Image
After that article, another possible survivor reached out to me and spoke on the record.

Sexual Assault Allegations Against NUS Resident Assistant Spurs Questions From Previous Partner — The Parrot ReviewA case of campus sexual assault allegedly involving a Resident Assistant in NUS has allowed a past sexual to see a previous sexual encounter through a new lens.https://www.theparrotreview.com/op-...sistant-spurs-questions-from-previous-partner
Here are some details from her interview with me; she spoke of a phone being propped up to film, sexual coercion, and his reported obsessive desire to be in a relationship after just one meeting. Many of the details match up with the other survivors in the court case: Image Image Image
This survivor was anxious to speak. Upon her request, I accompanied her to the police station where she provided a statement to them about her interaction with Mr Yee (pictured below) Image
Following that article, @straits_times , Singapore’s newspaper-of-record, published an article mentioning our investigation. Took the university two weeks to offer up a paltry response.

NUS student expelled after allegedly filming sexual acts with 2 students without their consentA board of discipline had been convened in February regarding the allegations. Read more at straitstimes.com.https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...g-sexual-acts-with-two-students-without-their
The response to us confirmed specific details we had asked about ie. the disciplinary hearing. Our goal here was to be as specific as possible to force a response: theparrotreview.com/op-ed/after-a-… Image Image

NUS Issues Statement Regarding RA's Alleged Sexual Misconduct — The Parrot Review14 days after The Parrot's initial report, NUS issues a statement regarding an alleged case of unconsented filming of sex acts of two fellow students by a Resident Assistanthttps://www.theparrotreview.com/op-...nt-allegedly-filming-sex-acts-without-consent
But something else more sinister had been tucked away behind the inner workings of the university. The concerted effort to silence survivors culminated in an internal investigation to root out my sources and nail down what they considered a “data breach”
babes it’s called the free press but ok anyway
I received calls from Ava who was mortified at having been explicitly interrogated by Kalaivani Kalimuthu (pic below) a Singapore Police Senior Staff Sergeant turned NUS investigations officer tasked with rooting out the leak and figuring out my sources. Image
I possess definitive proof of this interrogation, of course. It’ll probably never be revealed to the public but I’ve reviewed it (I can’t even reveal what medium the evidence is in bc it’s THAT sensitive) and it is vile. There’s no other word for it.
After that interrogation, I received a call from Kalimuthu who demanded to know my sources involved with “the release of sensitive documents.”

When asked what documents were confidential, she told me that the NUS board of discipline’s verdict (his expulsion) was confidential
It blew my mind (just think of the implications) but anyway that was okay because I told her that I wasn’t going to tell her anything and asked if her full name was “Kalaivani Kalimuthu” since NUS omitted her last name in their staff list. She said yes, but hesitated for a moment Image
I asked Kalimuthu this because I obsessively read cases of botched police investigations and noticed her name looked familiar. Then I found these, cases of botched investigations involving her: Image
In this 2016 case (reported 2019) Kalimuthu forged victim testimony to close a case early, saying that the survivor didn’t mind being touched and recommended no further action be taken. Image
To make things worse, when the case was reassigned and headed by another officer, papers were sent to the AG Chambers recommending that the survivor be warned for furnishing false info. All because Kalimuthu said she couldn’t secure an interview with the survivor. Image
Kalimuthu, jailed in 2019, was also the last officer to interrogate Benjamin Lim, for the alleged molestation of an 11 year old girl. Benjamin’s suicide led to a national outcry & heated debates over police interrogation of minors and police procedures
theindependent.sg/benjamin-inter… Image

Benjamin interrogated thrice and confessed to molest charge after being given break to "think again" about truth -The coroner’s inquiry into the death of schoolboy Benjamin Lim started yesterday (May 17). The two days of fact finding proceedings saw witnesses, including representatives from Benjamin’s school and …https://theindependent.sg/benjamin-...being-given-break-to-think-again-about-truth/
You are not allowed a lawyer when interrogated by the police in Singapore and interrogations are not video recorded despite multiple calls to do so by activists and lawyers.( @tjc_singapore has written about police procedures extensively pls follow them)
Back to the phone call I received— I hung up after she started asking me if I was gonna write about her “past” and began crafting what would eventually become this article: theparrotreview.com/op-ed/nus-inve… Image

NUS Investigates Alleged Sexual Assault Victim for "Release of Sensitive Documents" — The Parrot ReviewBy Wali Khanhttps://www.theparrotreview.com/op-...ult-victim-for-release-of-sensitive-documents
This got me in trouble. Like… pretty big trouble. I started getting angry texts from Kalimuthu, complete with legal threats. Then the police called my father instead of me for some reason (?), telling me that I was to be interrogated.
I was asked about my motivations, and if I had been trying to put the police in a “bad light”

This interrogation lasted hours; I was being investigated under Protection from Harassment Act (POHA). Here’s a link to the penalties associated with that:

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/singapore-protection-harassment-act/
Again, I did not have my lawyers present and could only consult with them before and after interrogations. They also had no idea how this was going to play out given how new POHA is as a law.

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PHA2014?ProvIds=pr3-
This was especially distressing since I was an immigrant in Singapore (I hold a HK passport) and Kalimuthu might have had friends in the police force. Not to mention that I was risking prison and hefty fines before I even got to attend college.
I was under a Long Term Visit Pass after my student visa expired. So I had to repeatedly inform the officer that I was reporting at no salary (which was true) since I could not legally be employed as a reporter; take a look at this absurd list of jobs an LTVP-er cannot hold Image
The list goes on for a few pages (linked) but this was two months before I was slated to leave Singapore for Michigan State to pursue a journalism degree under scholarship. My family & I were terrified my passport would be impounded before I could leave
mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/do…
At the behest of my lawyer, I published a letter to our readers regarding our intent since we were in legal trouble.

A Letter to Our Readers Regarding The Parrot’s Recent NUS Investigation — The Parrot ReviewBy Wali Khanhttps://www.theparrotreview.com/op-ed/a-letter-to-our-readers-regarding-a-recent-investigation
After the interrogation, where I had been asked about who had admin access to the magazine's CMS, I decided to stop any further publication till I left the country. Some writers left because they were afraid; this was essentially the end of The Parrot Review.
During this time I began a long investigation for @VICEWorldNews into cases of botched sexual misconduct investigations at NUS. This would eventually be published in late October, late into my first semester at Mich State: Image
My findings include abuse of process, medically discredited lie-detector tests being deployed on victims, and ineffective communication between survivor and instituitions making for extreme trauma. You can read the full investigation here:

She Was Sexually Abused On Campus. Then She Was Investigated.Sexual abuse survivors at Singapore’s top university were subjected to lie detector tests and harsh interrogations, a VICE World News investigation found.https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qxnb/sexual-abuse-investigation-national-university-singapore-nus
Kalimuthu eventually left the university but NUS no longer publishes a staff list of their campus investigation officers.
In any case, I left for Michigan early out of precaution and have no idea if the investigation into me is still open. I contacted the officer got no reply.

I left on my mother's birthday.
I am unsure if I can go back to Singapore, where my family is, or if any subsequent visas will be granted since I left in the midst of the police investigation into me.
Not to mention that the gov has had no qualms shutting out immigrant voices; I was shocked at how blatant they had been in their hostility towards Zakir Hossain, a migrant rights advocate who couldn't get his work visa reviewed due to his activism.

MOM: Migrant worker-activist-poet 'overstayed welcome', work pass not renewedThe Ministry of Manpower said some of his public posts were "misleading, false or deliberately provocative".https://mothership.sg/2022/06/migrant-worker-zakir-hossain-work-pass-mom/
Not making a comparison betw him and I at all, Mr Hossain's work is monumental. He is a hero. It just comes to show how systems work together to enforce censorship- especially immigration.
There's a lot of things we can learn from this and it's that whenever we see the dominant narrative being "ugh another NUS student is a rapist? What's wrong with them?" but I beg you to please examine the instiutions that provide an environment for these perpertrators to thrive
And the extreme trauma survivors are put through whenever they "go through the proper channels" because this is what happens when you leave your wellbeing in the hands of a world class, global university and "first-world" country.
I chose Michigan State after watching Athlete A, a documentary about Nassar's abuse and how the university covered it up. I've spent months looking into my own university and I'm excited for everyone to know what I know when the time is right.
Being published in the US in September made my heart glow but I just wanted everyone to know that a little more than a year ago, a journalist left the country for fear of his safety, he's still relentlessly active and he's not going to stop reporting about Singapore.
Of course, none of this would have been possible without the ferociously brave sources who decided to entrust me with information.

This guilty plea may seem like closure but given the absence of response, there are still so many unanswered questions.
Wow this kinda blew up! Follow my work on Instagram and on my online portfolio where you can also send in tips (DM for signal or telegram):

instagram.com/wali_talks/

Wali Khanhttps://www.walikhan.net/
And please read my American investigations while you're at it:

Big thank you to everyone who reached out: lawyers, fellow reporters, and academics. It means the WORLD to someone trying to make their mark in the journalism industry.
That's all- until next time (which is probably sooner than you think)
oops- accidentally put Joel's name down as Mr Yee, but it's Mr Chan*
• • •
Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Tweet Share Email
Keep Current with Wali Khan
Wali Khan Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!
Add to "My Authors" Read all threads
This Thread may be Removed Anytime!
PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!
Save this thread as PDF

People who liked this thread also liked...​

Professor Olga Chyzh Profile picture

Professor Olga Chyzh

@olga_chyzh
Apr 9
Why do so many Russian-speakers support Putin and this war? Still. Even in Ukraine (though their number is declining). And in other former satellites, or even Canada and the US. Why? How? WHY? It’s not just the Kremlin propaganda. Let me tell you a deeply personal story. 1/n
When Russian missiles hit my hometown of Odesa on Feb 24, my mom jumped on the first bus out of the country. Her obvious destination was Moldova—because of geographical proximity, but also, because our family lived there until 1995 when we moved to Ukraine.
My mom has a network of friends there—Russian-speakers who, unlike our family, still live in Moldova. From the bus, she called her old friend—I’ll call her Tanya—who still lives in Moldova, and asked if she could spend the night—she could only find a hotel room for the day after.
Read 19 tweets
Romeen Sheth Profile picture

Romeen Sheth

@RomeenSheth
Apr 16
Time to dust off the corporate law textbooks... "Would Elon win if he sued Twitter’s Board?" Doubtful. In this case, it’s actually pretty cut and dry. But this could get a lot more complicated if Elon wanted to make it so. Here's why:
First, it’s important to understand what a Board actually does legally. Under Delaware Law, the Board is an agent for the owners of a corporation (stockholders). The Board doesn’t manage the actual business. It’s responsible for the management of the corporation.
Plain English Meaning: The Board is responsible to ensure Executives act in the interest of shareholders. - The Executive Team works for the Board - The Board works for Shareholders Shareholders are the ultimate beneficiaries of a corporation's success or failure.
Read 32 tweets
George J Stathakis Profile picture

George J Stathakis

@GJStathakis
Apr 17
@MalcolmNance @TrentTelenko As someone who has studied mechanized warfare in the 20th Century and participated in Desert Storm I’d like to comment on Russian moves to declare an all out war on Ukraine. We have by now heard that Tank Manufacturing in Russia has been suspended..
2-for a lack of key components due to Sanctions. They have to fight with what they have. We hear they have appx 15,000 tanks. Many in storage. How many are battle ready..well that answer looks to be answered and the answer is only about 25% of those. Most are of the T-72 type….
3-a model designed in the 1960’s. It has proven no match against modern MBTs (see Battle of Medina Ridge 1991). The Russians have lost appx 500plus tanks in 50 days of battle in Ukraine. We are now seeing older model T-72s moving into positions in the Donbas. Russia is prepping..
Read 13 tweets

Try unrolling a thread yourself!​

how to unroll video

1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!
emoji-robot.png

Did Thread Reader help you today?​

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.
Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!
Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?​

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)
Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!
Ethereum
0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy
Bitcoin
3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy
Thank you for your support!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Tweet Share

email this

Help | About | TOS | Privacy

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benjamin interrogated thrice and confessed to molest charge after being given break to "think again" about truth​

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...being-given-break-to-think-again-about-truth/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...to-think-again-about-truth/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...eing+given+break+to+"think+again"+about+truth
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...eing+given+break+to+"think+again"+about+truth
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...eing+given+break+to+"think+again"+about+truth
May 18, 2016
By The Independent
Follow us on Instagram and Telegram

The coroner’s inquiry into the death of schoolboy Benjamin Lim started yesterday (May 17). The two days of fact finding proceedings saw witnesses, including representatives from Benjamin’s school and police officers on the case, give oral testimony. The State Coroner will review all evidence and establish the cause of and circumstances related to the schoolboy’s death. The Inquiry will also allow for Benjamin’s next-of-kin to pose questions.

14-year-old Benjamin Lim fell to his death after the police interrogated him for an allegation of outrage of modesty. The student’s death caused widespread public unhappiness over police interrogation procedures of minors and school procedures in police investigations.

Both Ministers of Home Affairs and Education have replied to questions raised by Members of Parliament. The police are now reviewing its procedures for interrogating minors.

The following is a snippet from Channel NewsAsia (CNA) about what happened at the Inquiry today.
“Based on Benjamin’s police statement recorded on Jan 26, the minor initially did not admit to touching the girl as he was “scared”. He confessed sometime around 12.15pm on Jan 26, after SIO Fareed (Senior Investigation Officer Mohammad Fareed Rahmat) had given the boy 20 minutes alone to “think again”.
SIO Fareed said he had paused the interview as he felt that Benjamin was not being truthful. In response to questioning by counsel for Benajmin’s family Choo Zheng Xi, SIO Fareed clarified that he did not tell Benjamin that he thought the schoolboy was not telling the truth. “I told him that the purpose of investigation is to find out the truth, and I told him I will let him think and interview him again,” he said.” – CNA

Benjamin was interrogated by three police officers on that day. First he was questioned by Inspector Poh Wee Teck at his school, then by SIO Fareed at the station (In between his arrival at the station at 11.15 am and his confession at around 12.15pm, Benjamin was given 20 minutes alone time to “think again” about the truth, after which he was interrogated by SIO Fareed again. On admission of his crime, the boy was investigated by a by a third officer, SIO Kalaivani Kalimuthu, who prepared his arrest report.

In an earlier interview the schoolboy’s mother said that she had asked “Benjamin if he had indeed molested the girl. Benjamin told her he had not. She then asked him, “Why then did you confess?” (According to the boy’s mother), this was what Benjamin said: “You say I am guilty, I’m guilty then.” (The boy’s mother) said she told her son that he should not have admitted to the crime if he did not do it.”

Mrs Lim was consistent in her account of events. The Inquiry heard yesterday that After she had picked Benjamin up from the police station, Mrs Lim asked him to be honest with her on whether he had molested the girl. The teen said he had not. Mrs Lim then told her son he should not have admitted to the allegations if they were not true.Follow us on Social Media

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kalaivani Kalimuthu, your filthy indian cunt need to be gangraped and have your throat slit and shit down your throat! I will flog your corpse personally for 6.9 hours.​

1666815967699.png

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police officer forged statement of alleged victim of molestation, portraying her as willing party

1666816305116.png

Senior Staff Sergeant Kalaivani Kalimuthu (above) had forged the woman's statement because she could not meet the alleged victim and wanted to complete the investigation quickly. ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Published
Dec 27, 2018, 5:51 pm SGT
Fabian Koh

SINGAPORE - A female police officer forged the statement of a woman who reported that she was molested, and gave the impression that the alleged victim did not mind being touched.

As a result, the alleged victim was to have been warned for making a false police report.

But during investigations, it emerged that Senior Staff Sergeant Kalaivani Kalimuthu, 38, had forged the woman's statement because she could not meet the alleged victim and wanted to complete the investigation quickly.

On Thursday (Dec 27), Kalaivani, who is currently interdicted from the Singapore Police Force, was found guilty of committing forgery with the intent of cheating.

Kalaivani, who was an investigation officer at Ang Mo Kio Police Division between September 2011 and November 2016, will be sentenced on Jan 8.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Stephanie Chew told the court that the alleged victim had lodged a police report and provided a statement on March 27, 2016, saying she had been molested.

In April that year, Kalaivani was assigned to the case, which for investigation purposes was classified as outrage of modesty.

She was to have interviewed the woman but "encountered difficulty in arranging an interview".

On Nov 13, she forged a statement in her office. This happened just before she was to have been moved from her role on Dec 1 that year.

In it, she stated that the woman had also touched the alleged molester during the incident, and did not mind being touched herself.

Kalaivani then signed on the document in the woman's name. She did this by tracing out her signature from the initial statement with a pencil, then writing over the imprint with a pen.

She forwarded the investigation papers to her officer-in-charge on Nov 25, 2016, recommending that no further action be taken in the case.

The case was later reassigned to Senior Investigation Officer (SIO) Pang Shijie.

In December, the investigation papers were sent to the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC), recommending that no further action be taken and that the alleged victim be warned for providing false information.

The following month, the AGC directed the police to record a further statement from the woman, and to investigate the details and extent of false information she had provided.

In June 2017, when SIO Pang interviewed the woman, she denied making the statement and also said she did not visit the police station.

SIO Pang checked and learnt there was no record of her visiting the station on the date Kalaivani purportedly recorded her statement.

SIO Pang lodged a police report on Aug 18 last year.

For committing forgery with the intent of cheating, Kalaivani can be jailed for up to 10 years and fined.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

NUS Investigates Alleged Sexual Assault Victim for "Release of Sensitive Documents"​

Op-Ed
Jun 30
Written By Wali Khan
Photo taken from NUS website

Photo taken from NUS website

SINGAPORE— National University of Singapore (NUS) is investigating the “release of sensitive documents” following The Parrot Review’s report of a Resident Assistant (RA) being expelled for two cases of alleged sexual assault.

In late March of this year, we reported that an RA in Prince George Park Residences (PGPR) had allegedly filmed sex acts between him and two fellow undergraduate students without their consent.

Following our reportage of the RA’s alleged assault, NUS opened an internal investigation into how information about the case found its way to The Parrot Review.

On May 14 2021, one of the alleged victims of the RA case, who will not be named, met with an NUS investigation officer by the name of Ms. Kalaivani Kalimuthu, an ex-Senior Staff Sergeant from the Singapore Police Force, for an interrogation.

A month later, Ms. Kalimuthu contacted Wali Khan, the Editor-in-Chief of The Parrot Review, inquiring about his sources.

Ms. Kalimuthu’s line of inquiry operated on the assumption that the alleged victim had been The Parrot’s primary source.

“As requested by [NUS] management, I need to find out how much [alleged victim’s name] revealed to you; what documents did she reveal to you?” Ms. Kalimuthu asked over a phone call on June 14 2021.

When asked about the nature of the investigation, Ms. Kalimuthu told us it had to do with “sensitive documents being released”.

Ms. Kalimuthu also implied in a subsequent phone call on June 19 2021 that NUS’s internal investigation into the alleged data breach began shortly after the school received a complaint from the expelled RA, claiming that the school’s management compelled her to “verify” the issue of information being disseminated to us.

When probed further, Ms. Kalimuthu confirmed that the initial charges filed against the alleged victim had been classified under “doxxing and harassment”.

When asked which documents were considered confidential, Ms. Kalimuthu told us that the NUS Board of Discipline’s verdict in the RA case— and by extension— his expulsion, fell under that classification.

Ms. Kalimuthu told us that the investigation was “complete” but did not comment extensively on her findings.

The Kalimuthu Conundrum

Kalaivani Kalimuthu was jailed for five months following her conviction in 2019 (Picture taken from Kalimuthu’s LinkedIn profile)

Kalaivani Kalimuthu was jailed for five months following her conviction in 2019

(Picture taken from Kalimuthu’s LinkedIn profile)

The Parrot Review discovered that Ms. Kalimuthu was recently employed by NUS as an investigation officer after being jailed for five months in 2019 for the forgery of an alleged sexual assault victim’s testimony during her time in the Singapore Police Force.

Ms. Kalimuthu’s account implied that the alleged victim did not mind being molested and recommended that no further action be taken.

The following month, the investigation papers were sent to the Attorney-General’s Chambers, recommending that the alleged victim be given a warning for providing false information.

Ms. Kalimuthu’s career as a police officer had not been limited to just one controversy— in 2016, Ms. Kalimuthu had been the last of three officers to interrogate Benjamin Lim, 14, who was accused of molesting an 11 year-old girl.

90 minutes after Benjamin Lim’s release from Ang Mo Kio Police Division, he was found dead at the foot of his HDB block in Yishun.

A coroner ruled his death a suicide.

An Official NUS Response

When reached for comment, NUS declined to acknowledge the internal investigation regarding “the release of sensitive documents”, nor did they respond to The Parrot’s queries about whether the administration had been aware of Ms. Kalimuthu’s prior conviction during the hiring process.

In a brief statement, a spokesperson for NUS told The Parrot:

“The NUS Office of Campus Security holds its staff to high standards of professionalism, integrity and conduct. We are aware of concerns regarding the background of a staff member in our investigation team. We are currently looking into the matter. In the meantime, we have reassigned the staff’s duties.”

NUS told us that they are “aware” of concerns regarding Ms. Kalimuthu’s background and are “currently looking into the matter”, but did not specify what they were inquiring into.

NUS further declined to respond to The Parrot’s questions about whether there had been a concerted effort to shroud Ms. Kalimuthu’s identity and checkered past in secrecy due to the exclusion of her surname on the NUS Office of Campus Security Investigation Division roster (seen below).

A screenshot of the Investigation Division roster from the official NUS website

A screenshot of the Investigation Division roster from the official NUS website

NUS Office of University Communications ended their E-mail with a request for The Parrot to refer to the RA’s alleged non-consensual filming of sex acts as “sexual misconduct” and not “sexual assault”.

UPDATE (July 1 2021): At approximately 9:45 am, NUS amended the Investigation Division roster to include Ms. Kalaivani Kalimuthu's full name.

A screenshot of the new Investigation Division staff list

A screenshot of the new Investigation Division staff list

UPDATE (July 4 2021): Ms. Kalaivani Kalimuthu's name has been removed from the NUS Investigation Division roster. NUS has not immediately responded to our request for comment.

newest staff list.JPG

CORRECTION (July 1 2021, 11:30 PM)— An earlier version of the article incorrectly stated that Ms. Kalimuthu’s name was the only one on the roster not included in full. Other officers did not have their full names listed either. However, Ms. Kalimuthu’s roster listing was the only name that excluded a surname. We have amended the article to reflect this.