• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Philippine warship in standoff with China vessels

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
They can send their entire navy and yet can't do shit. What can they do, throw balut eggs at the chinese vessels?

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we are laughing at the Philippines for being weak economically and militarily. For those of us old enough will remember that Manila used to be the financial capital of Asia up to the early 1970s. BOA has its regional HQ in Manila and bank managers from Singapore have to fly all the way to Manila to attend training. The country provided air and naval bases for US troops stationed in SE Asia. Marcos and his cronies caused the downfall of this once proud nation...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Authorities said a coast guard boat would join the Philippines' biggest warship in the morning at Scarborough Shoal, where two Chinese surveillance vessels were protecting a group of Chinese fishermen from being arrested.

"It will be backing us up in the area," Navy commander Vice-Admiral Alexander Pama said of the 56-metre-long search and rescue coast guard vessel.

i remember pinoy "biggest" warship is a US coast guard cutter of WW2 era, so should have armament of a 3inch main gun, a couple of 20mm cannons and M2 0.5 MGs. Surveillance vessels should mean electronic intelligence gathering vessels which normally unarmed so as not give other nations an excuse. So pinoy navy have problems even dealing with unarmed vessels, no wonder they still cannot defeat the MILF.

if i not mistaken, PRC station a few of the naval varients of the MIG29s or SU30MMKs on some of the island they control, they would have no problem in blow pinoy "biggest" warship out of the water.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries, the ah tiongs will use their cross bows and pinoys will use their blow pipes.
How do you know PRCs will use their crossbows while the Filipinos will use their blow pipes? Are you not degrading the PRCs and Filipinos with the words ah tiongs and pinoys?
You cannot argue and reason. So please don't get involved.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember pinoy "biggest" warship is a US coast guard cutter of WW2 era, so should have armament of a 3inch main gun, a couple of 20mm cannons and M2 0.5 MGs. Surveillance vessels should mean electronic intelligence gathering vessels which normally unarmed so as not give other nations an excuse. So pinoy navy have problems even dealing with unarmed vessels, no wonder they still cannot defeat the MILF.

if i not mistaken, PRC station a few of the naval varients of the MIG29s or SU30MMKs on some of the island they control, they would have no problem in blow pinoy "biggest" warship out of the water.

No, That taiwan who occupies the biggest island and the only one with natural fresh water supply Itu Aba Island or Taiping Island and an airstrip for C130. For PRC just some marine garrison on some islands. No air force coverage.

With PRC naval strength, whacking pinoy navy isn't an issue. note that pinoy sent warship while the chinese are sending unarmed surveillance vessel from the civilian fishery department. I doubt pinoy will dare to touch them anyway because doing so will means they escalate the tension.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know PRCs will use their crossbows while the Filipinos will use their blow pipes? Are you not degrading the PRCs and Filipinos with the words ah tiongs and pinoys?

The Chinese invented crossbows remember?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinese invented crossbows remember?
The Chinese also invented rockets, remember? They also launch satellites into space. The Philippines have yet to undertake this endeavor.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need to send our subs over there to help the pinoys against the rude ah tiongs.

No need to send our Subs there.. You alone can go there to settle things between the Pinoys and the Ah Tiongs.. Just do a nude dance, holding a PAP flag atop the Scarborough Shoal.. The warring Ah Tiongs and the Pinoys will be amused by your antics and the 2 sides will soon forget all hostilities and be friends again...

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
These Bo Lam Par pinoys would not dare to start the war one. I bet they are now begging the US to interfere and defuse the situation. China should just sink that warship.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we are laughing at the Philippines for being weak economically and militarily. For those of us old enough will remember that Manila used to be the financial capital of Asia up to the early 1970s. BOA has its regional HQ in Manila and bank managers from Singapore have to fly all the way to Manila to attend training. The country provided air and naval bases for US troops stationed in SE Asia. Marcos and his cronies caused the downfall of this once proud nation...

You are absolutely right.

Before the 50s,the star Asian capitals were,Rangoon,Manila,Colombo ,Saigon and Phnom Penh.

Anyone having read LKY memoirs would testify.

LKY on his way to London as a student stopped by Colombo and admired it's clean and green image.And LKY often wished how Singapore could be like Phnom Penh.Today all these cities are real shitty.Because change is certain and inevitable.

Likewise,there may come a day when Manila and Colombo may upsurge Singapore.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected. Pinoyland only dare to bark..

Philippines says warship removed from China standoff
Posted: 12 April 2012 1536 hrs

MANILA: The Philippines said Thursday it had pulled its biggest warship out of a standoff with Chinese vessels, but the impasse was not resolved with China sending a third ship to the disputed waters.

Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario would not why say the Philippines had pulled out the navy ship, which had been stationed near a tiny set of islands in the South China Sea since Sunday in an effort to arrest Chinese fishermen caught fishing there.

"That is an operational undertaking I can't discuss with you," he said.

The pullout means the Philippines is left with a coast guard search and rescue boat as its only presence in the disputed waters.

Meanwhile, Del Rosario said a third Chinese maritime vessel had arrived to back up the two Chinese surveillance ships that had been there since Tuesday.

The Chinese vessels had been blocking the Philippine plan to arrest the fishermen.

"There are three ships there now. Three white ships. The third ship arrived today, this morning, I understand. It's a Bureau of Fisheries Chinese civilian ship," he said.

Asked whether the Philippine government was alarmed at the extra Chinese presence, he said: "Well, we are watching developments and, at the same time, we are pursuing the diplomatic track in terms of coming to a resolution on the issue."

He said the Chinese ambassador to Manila, Ma Keqing, had not informed him that China was sending an additional ship, despite negotiating with her to try and resolve the issue.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, That taiwan who occupies the biggest island and the only one with natural fresh water supply Itu Aba Island or Taiping Island and an airstrip for C130. For PRC just some marine garrison on some islands. No air force coverage.

With PRC naval strength, whacking pinoy navy isn't an issue. note that pinoy sent warship while the chinese are sending unarmed surveillance vessel from the civilian fishery department. I doubt pinoy will dare to touch them anyway because doing so will means they escalate the tension.

who are the PRC trying to bluff? civilian fishery department have PLA Navy written all over it.

maybe i should not use the word station, i remember watching a CCTV program where PRC boast on its military mights regarding on the southern seas where one part of the program show a single airstrip on a very small island and land a twin tail warplane on it.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
who are the PRC trying to bluff? civilian fishery department have PLA Navy written all over it.

maybe i should not use the word station, i remember watching a CCTV program where PRC boast on its military mights regarding on the southern seas where one part of the program show a single airstrip on a very small island and land a twin tail warplane on it.

Surveillance vessel differs from naval vessels. They are not armed.

Just tell me what weapon did you see?

2dc9xed.jpg

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cowardly Pinoys should just activate their ENTIRE navy. More ships to sink and a big step towards China's preservation of its territorial integrity.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i didnt say the vessels are armed. i am just implying the real "owner" of these vessel is the PLA Navy. soviet like to use deep ocean trawlers to shadow USN, so i bet my last dollar "surveying" is the last thing on these vessels' capitains mind.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Can Just Take Mah

China just take mah. Why so nice to them. It used to be a part of China in the past. Maybe it was considered as a burden when they were running low on fund and manpower to police the place permanently.

North Vietnam is actually Vietnam which is different from the south which was previously called Champa.

Actually could have, if PLA went all the way into Hanoi. But then, PRC had already been granted an UNSC permanent seat, and the premise of the annexation of Tibet and India-Kashmir border war had been accepted and recognised by UNSC as restoration and defence of legitimate Qing boundaries as claimed by PRC (including Taiwan, that's why Taiwan can't declare indpendence). There was no political or military point and no moral ground of conquering Vietnam too.

That north of Vietnam you referred to wasn't in the UNSC agreement anyway. Vietnam has always been friend of China since ancient days but just got carried away with their victory over USA. Teaching a lesson was alright but further invasion would be internationally illegitimate and attract US/UK/UN forces back to the region again.

Last edited: