• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Philippine SWAT Team storm bus with hostages in Manila

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
But he only wants his police job back and his pension .Why can't the Filipino authorities just accept his demands of reinstatement of a police job (can be a field job or desk job) and also accept his demands of reinstatement of his pension in Filipino Pesos (not big amount also ).

Here we have a fucking renegade versus a government of the country. Do you expect the government to concede to the renegade's demand?

Furthermore, his approach of demanding his job back is wrong to start with. It was reported that this highly decorated policeman was dismissed coz of robbery and extortion charges laid out against him. His action of taking hostages only confirms that these charges against him are true.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a hostage crisis situation, you are supposed to concede to his demands first, get the hostages released and then you nail the bugger.

His demands could have been so easily met. You never bluff children before to appease them first ah? :cool:

Here we have a fucking renegade versus a government of the country. Do you expect the government to concede to the renegade's demand?

Furthermore, his approach of demanding his job back is wrong to start with. It was reported that this highly decorated policeman was dismissed coz of robbery and extortion charges laid out against him. His action of taking hostages only confirms that these charges against him are true.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a hostage crisis situation, you are supposed to concede to his demands first, get the hostages released and then you nail the bugger.

His demands could have been so easily met. You never bluff children before to appease them first ah? :cool:

ok. Then what about the next hostage taking incident. Now that every single fucking pinoy knows the discredibility of the pinoy government, will the next pinoy hostage taker be stupid enough to fall for the same trick!?

Never underestimate the importance of setting good example.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right about setting a good example.

Any potential hostage taker will think thrice to hijack if you either get sniped down or your demands will never be met afterall.

ok. Then what about the next hostage taking incident. Now that every single fucking pinoy knows the discredibility of the pinoy government, will the next pinoy hostage taker be stupid enough to fall for the same trick!?

Never underestimate the importance of setting good example.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
610x.jpg

640x.jpg

A local newspaper featuring with pictures of Philippines' President Benigno Aquino III is tied with some yellow ribbons left by mourners after ten of thousands of Hong Kongers marched at a Hong Kong downtown street on Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010 in honor of the eight locals who were killed in the Manila bus hijacking, denouncing the Philippine government for botching the rescue operation.​

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal
China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

11:48am UK, Saturday August 28, 2010
Lulu Sinclair

China has expressed anger that a Philippines flag covered the coffin of the hostage taker in Manila responsible for the deaths of eight tourists from Hong Kong.
<object data="/sky-news/app/skynewsflash/OBU_Player_30.swf" name="obuPlayer" id="obuPlayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="225" width="400"></object>
The Chinese embassy said the placing of the flag on the coffin made it seem as though Rolando Mendoza had died a hero, not a killer. The Philippines government said the flag had been placed there by Mendoza's family and been removed later by a city official. Scores of friends and family attended the funeral in Tanauan, gathering first at the home of the former senior inspector.

15703015.jpg

Police storm the bus, leaving eight tourists and the hostage taker dead
<!---->
Mendoza's son, Vismark, who is also a police officer, wore his police uniform, in full view of a group of journalists from Hong Kong. "There are so many mourners because he was a good man. You never heard about him doing anything bad," said family friend Mark Torres.

Torres said he could not explain Mendoza's violent actions, adding that he had never heard of any misdeeds committed by the former policeman.
"I don't think he went insane. He just believed what he was fighting for," he said. "I can't really say that he was justified, because people died. But we can't say he was totally wrong, either."

15708290.jpg

One of the former policeman's citations

Mendoza, a decorated officer who had been sacked over extortion charges, took the bus hostage in the capital, Manila, on Monday, demanding to be reinstated in the police force. This led to a 12-hour siege of the bus and muddled police negotiations that ended in tragedy with eight of the tourists and Mendoza being shot dead. The bungled rescue has enraged Hong Kong and embarrassed the Philippine government. The results of an investigation will be presented to Hong Kong authorities, a Presidential spokesman said.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

The hostage taker never done anything wrong until he had started shooting innocent people on the tour bus before he was killed.

Pinoy society is screwed up shameless, the murdered hailed as a hero, the criminal becomes a hero
and the victims instantly turned into nothiness.

Don't screw Aquino III, Ramos was worse when he flip-flopped in 1991 over the Flor Contemplacion case. The whole society has no respect for law and justice, the people behaves very soap opera drama-like.

From Wiki----------Anyone remember Flor Contemplacion?

Circumstances surrounding the execution
On May 4, 1991, a Filipino domestic worker named Delia Maga was found strangled to death in Singapore. The four-year-old child that she was taking care of, Nicholas Huang, was discovered drowned. Although Nicholas's father could not identify a suspect, the police learned about Flor Contemplacion through Maga's diary. The police interrogated Contemplacion, who then confessed the crime of murdering Maga and the child. Contemplacion never renounced her confession, and the Philippine embassy in Singapore deemed her confession to be credible. She was then sentenced to death by hanging.

Just before her execution, two Filipino witnesses claimed that Huang's father framed Contemplacion for the murders. They alleged that the father killed Maga in rage after finding his son to have accidentally drowned. The son was an epileptic who was alleged to have an attack while in the bath tub of which Maga was not aware. The Singaporean court considered and rejected the testimony. The execution went ahead despite Philippine President Fidel Ramos's personal plea to the Singaporean government to stop it.

[edit] Aftermath
Although President Ramos seemed initially resigned to the execution, he called Contemplacion a hero. First Lady Amelita Ramos came to receive the coffin at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. The President sent a wreath to Contemplacion's funeral and offered financial assistance to Contemplacion's children who were dependent on their mother's income from her work as a domestic worker. Many Filipinos believed that Contemplacion was innocent, or at least suffering from insanity if she did commit the murders. They blamed the Singaporean government for not being merciful and were resentful with belief that their own government did not do enough to stop the execution. The Alex Boncayao Brigade, a Communist terrorist group in the Philippines, threatened to punish Singaporean and Filipino officials. The Catholic Church, which wields considerable influence in the Philippines, condemned the execution.

Regardless of her innocence or guilt, others took up Contemplacion as a rallying cry against the allegedly inhumane, abusive, and exploitive working conditions that many Filipino domestic workers and laborers faced abroad. A movie called The Flor Contemplacion Story was made in the Philippines to highlight this as well as the harsh punishment Filipino overseas workers face when they totally break down from their jobs. The film won Best Picture in the Cairo Film Festival. This anger continued when a rather similar case arose only a few months later with Sarah Balabagan in the United Arab Emirates (Balabagan was not ultimately executed).

Relations between Singapore and the Philippines chilled for several years after the execution. To counter domestic backlash, President Ramos recalled the Filipino ambassador to Singapore, and many bilateral exchanges between the countries were cancelled.

11:48am UK, Saturday August 28, 2010
Lulu Sinclair

China has expressed anger that a Philippines flag covered the coffin of the hostage taker in Manila responsible for the deaths of eight tourists from Hong Kong.
<object data="/sky-news/app/skynewsflash/OBU_Player_30.swf" name="obuPlayer" id="obuPlayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="225" width="400"></object>
The Chinese embassy said the placing of the flag on the coffin made it seem as though Rolando Mendoza had died a hero, not a killer. The Philippines government said the flag had been placed there by Mendoza's family and been removed later by a city official. Scores of friends and family attended the funeral in Tanauan, gathering first at the home of the former senior inspector.

15703015.jpg

Police storm the bus, leaving eight tourists and the hostage taker dead
<!---->
Mendoza's son, Vismark, who is also a police officer, wore his police uniform, in full view of a group of journalists from Hong Kong. "There are so many mourners because he was a good man. You never heard about him doing anything bad," said family friend Mark Torres.

Torres said he could not explain Mendoza's violent actions, adding that he had never heard of any misdeeds committed by the former policeman.
"I don't think he went insane. He just believed what he was fighting for," he said. "I can't really say that he was justified, because people died. But we can't say he was totally wrong, either."

15708290.jpg

One of the former policeman's citations

Mendoza, a decorated officer who had been sacked over extortion charges, took the bus hostage in the capital, Manila, on Monday, demanding to be reinstated in the police force. This led to a 12-hour siege of the bus and muddled police negotiations that ended in tragedy with eight of the tourists and Mendoza being shot dead. The bungled rescue has enraged Hong Kong and embarrassed the Philippine government. The results of an investigation will be presented to Hong Kong authorities, a Presidential spokesman said.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at how their SWAT try to storm the bus... It's really like the biggest joke of all police... I think that video confirm will be used by police world-wide as a training video... Epic Fail storming of bus....

The SWAT sure looks scare and hum... All crowded together like lemmings....

Want to break the windows, but end up machiam knocking on the windows instead...

The most epic was the tossing of smoke grenade... Wau lao... That one is the most fail action of the lot......

Actual storming of the bus... the police look more like trying to squeeze in than storming...

Fire-fight inside... but end up hostage-taker kenna taken down by sniper... Then inside fire-fight for what??

Looking at the video, I think our Star team should fare better....

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
They call that SWAT team? The SWAT teams from any American law enforcement departments can do better.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal

People prepare to take to the streets to show their anger and condolences after the Manila bus hostage crisis, in Hong Kong on August 29, 2010.​

Wow, that is one big crowd. This is a good example of cooperation among chinese (which are known to take care of ownself normally)

R

redlightmeansgo

FUCKing Pinoys once again showing why they can only SWAT flies in their masters' homes.

jerry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why they break windows and throw light stick into the bus... shouldn't it be more worthwhile to throw tear gas or stun grenades?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
650x.jpg

680x.jpg

A defaced picture of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III is tied by mourners at a park.

640x.jpg

670x.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x750.jpg

x880.jpg

Protestors take to the streets in Hong Kong to express their grief and anger towards Manila's hostage tragedy and to demand justice for the victims August 29, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
790x.jpg

People attend a candlelit vigil held by the Philippine community for victims of the Manila hostage bloodbath, in Hong Kong on August 29, 2010.

730x.jpg

670x.jpg

Filipino domestic workers react during a candle vigil as they prayed for the Hong Kong tourists who were killed in the Manila tourist bus hostage standoff in Hong Kong Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manila Hostage-Taker’s Last Interview
HERE ARE excerpts from the exclusive live radio interview between Radyo Mo Nationwide (RMN) anchormen Michael Rogas and Erwin Tulfo and Senior Insp. Rolando Mendoza immediately before Mendoza opened fire at his hostages on Aug. 23 at the Rizal Park.This was published in Filipino (Tagalog) in Philippine Daily Inquirer.
MICHAEL: Nasan na po yung sulat na binigay sa inyo?
(Where's the letter from the Ombudsman?)
MENDOZA: Ibinigay ko yung dalang sulat, ibinalik ko, eh nakikiusap lang na maging peaceful ako, na maging kalmado at pagbigyan ko nga, ay hindi ganun kadali yon... Ayan oh may nakita akong sniper ha! Ay sabihin mo sa kanya baka hindi niya kayang i-sniper yung nakatayo sa harapan ng bus ha! Baka sabihin mo din sa umii-sniper baka hindi nila kayang patamaan yung nasa loob ng bus ha, kayang kaya kong patamaan yung nasa pintuan, kaya kamo ay bitawan ’yang mga sniper na yan.
I gave the letter back. just asking me to be peaceful, to be calm and give them a chance, but it's not that easy. “There, I saw a sniper. Tell him maybe he can’t shoot at anyone standing at the front of the bus, ha! Tell him also that maybe he can’t shoot at those inside the bus, ha! I can easily shoot the hostage by the door. That’s why tell them to let those snipers go.
MICHAEL: Okay naririnig po kayo ngayon sa pamamagitan ng RMN. Naririnig po kayo ng mga pulis, meron po ba kayong pakiusap dun sa mga sniper na sinasabi ninyo?
(Ok, you are being heard now via RMN. Police are listening now. Do you have anything to say to the snipers?)

Snipers

MENDOZA: Ah yung mga sniper eh pag ’di sila nagsi-alis sa kanilang puwesto ay sasampolan ko sila at ii-snipe-in ko kamo yung nasa pintuan!
(To those snipers, if they don't get off their positions, I will give them an example and then snipe the one at the door!)
MICHAEL: Opo … si Erwin Tulfo po yung aming kasama ay nariyan po ngayon, alam ko po na napapakinggan niyo po si kasamang Erwin Tulfo kanina … kilala niyo po ba si Erwin Tulfo?
Yes... Erwin Tulfo (radio personality), is there now. I know you were listening to him earlier. Do you know him?
MENDOZA: Kilala kong personal yan, galing ng Manila ’yan.
(I know him personally, he's from Manila.)
“I can see so many SWAT members coming. I can see them all around. I know they will kill me, so they should just leave because I can also kill the people here.”
At certain parts of the interview, Rogas offered Mendoza a line to family members.
The hostage-taker refused, saying he had already spoken with some of them:
“No, not with my family. I don’t want to talk with them anymore given my feelings. I’ll just cry. They won’t tell me anything but plead for me to surrender. And I won’t surrender until the decision of the Ombudsman is reversed.”
It came to a point when an apparently weary Mendoza admitted irritation and uncertainty about what to do next: “Ah, medyo naiirita na po ako. Ang kwan ko po ay nagbabago na dahil ako’y natitimpi pa. Pero malamang eh dahil po siguro … eh nagbabago na po ang aking isipan.”
Things took a turn for the worst when Mendoza saw on the bus TV his brother being arrested by police:
“I can see the situation. Why are they treating my brother that way? He has nothing to do with this. If they don’t stop that, I’ll kill the people here inside the bus. I’ll do it if they don’t stop.”
Rogas tried to pacify Mendoza, saying repeatedly: “Please be calm.”
But Mendoza’s rage was already palpable: “There. I can see it here. It’s happening in front of the camera. They’re treating my brother, who’s a policeman, like a pig. He has done no crime. He has no knowledge of this. He only learned about it on TV. Why treat him that way?”
Rogas frantically told Tulfo to warn authorities on the ground that Mendoza was reacting violently to his brother’s arrest.
As his brother was being pushed into a police car, Mendoza declared: “There. There. When that mobile patrol car leaves with my brother, I will shoot those at the front of the bus.”
Rogas said: “Please wait.”
Mendoza replied: “I will shoot all of them.”
‘Even the small ones’
Shots rang out, along with weeping and screaming.
“That’s what I have been saying,” Mendoza said. “I shot two of the Chinese. If they don’t change the situation, I will finish off even the small ones here.”
Rogas appealed again for calm.
Mendoza just said “I will finish these people off if [those policemen] don’t stop running there at the side of the bus … I will finish these people off.
“They should let my brother go. Why do they do that to him when I’m the one doing this? Why are they arresting him when I’m the one committing this crime? I’m the one they should arrest!”
Then Mendoza’s line went dead.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some good info from the radio interview.

- It clarify why the sniper wasn't shooting

- It confirm he shot the hostages including the small ones (this also confirms how barbaric he is)

- Seems like the killing is escalated by the Police's treatment of his brother