• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Philippine SWAT Team storm bus with hostages in Manila

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ALeqM5jLxxc3Er5PKs64H4k3R5rYnf8dtA

Many people are expected to attend Rolando Mendoza's funeral mass and burial in Batangas

Scores turn out to bury Philippine hostage-taker
(AFP)
TANAUAN, Philippines — Scores of friends and family turned out Saturday to bury the slain ex-policeman who this week hijacked a bus in Manila, leading to a crisis in which eight Hong Kong tourists died.
Even as the government tried to distance itself from the incident, over a hundred people gathered at Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza's home, to remember him for his police honours and not for Monday's tragic events.
"There are so many mourners because he was a good man. You never heard about him doing anything bad," said warehouse worker Mark Torres, a family friend attending the wake in Tanauan, a small city south of Manila.

Francisco Misaba, a district watchman, said he had been assigned to manage the traffic because many people were expected to attend Mendoza's funeral mass and burial later in the day.
"There will be plenty of people attending because he had a lot of friends. Just about everyone in the district was his friend," he said.
Mendoza's family has refused to grant press interviews. But at his wake, which is being held in Mendoza's home, they put his numerous citations on display alongside many floral wreaths sent by fellow policemen.
Mendoza, a decorated police officer who had been sacked over extortion charges, took a bus-load of Hong Kong tourists hostage in Manila on Monday, demanding to be reinstated.
This led to a siege of the bus and muddled police negotiations that ended bloodily, with Mendoza and eight of the tourists shot dead.
The bungled rescue has enraged Hong Kong and embarrassed the Philippine government, which has called an investigation of the incident.
Further embarrassment came on Friday when the Chinese embassy condemned the draping of Mendoza's coffin with a Philippine flag as if he was a hero.

The Philippine government said that the flag had been placed there by Mendoza's family and that it had been later removed by a city official.
Torres said he could not explain Mendoza's violent actions, adding that he had never heard of any misdeeds committed by the former policeman.
"I don't think he went insane. He just believed what he was fighting for," he told AFP.
"I can't really say that he was justified, because people died. But we can't say he was totally wrong, either."
"We don't understand why he did this. All we know is that he is now dead," said Misaba.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the male tour guide is from hk

610x.jpg

x750.jpg

Gunman and former senior police inspector Rolando Mendoza (behind) displays a hostage (HK tour guide, handcuffed) after Mendoza hijacked a tourist bus with more than 20 Hong Kong tourists on board in Manila on August 23, 2010

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
"There are so many mourners because he was a good man. You never heard about him doing anything bad," said warehouse worker Mark Torres, a family friend attending the wake in Tanauan, a small city south of Manila.

That's dumb. Shooting dead eight person in cold blood is not doing anything bad :mad:

Costanza

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I don't think he went insane. He just believed what he was fighting for," he told AFP.
"I can't really say that he was justified, because people died. But we can't say he was totally wrong, either."

proof of how lowlife these people are..."cant say he was totally wrong either??" he should shoot his superiors instead n not hold over 20 innocent tourists

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to hand it to the Pinoys and Pinays. They can make a hijacking terrorist look like a saint.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Torres said he could not explain Mendoza's violent actions, adding that he had never heard of any misdeeds committed by the former policeman.
"We don't understand why he did this. All we know is that he is now dead," said Misaba.​

Pinos mindset is like that. That's why they got clowns and idiots running the country, cos they themselves are dumb and idiots. What is wrong is wrong. Finding excuses to forgive criminals for their wrong doings show how stupid these people are. It's like saying, "Oh he was a good President, he was corrupted but he was a good President". An oxymoron at best. Pinos are good at that.​

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinos mindset is like that. That's why they got clowns and idiots running the country, cos they themselves are dumb and idiots. What is wrong is wrong. Finding excuses to forgive criminals for their wrong doings show how stupid these people are. It's like saying, "Oh he was a good President, he was corrupted but he was a good President". An oxymoron at best. Pinos are good at that.
Remember Joseph Estrada? He embezzled so much money but still can get votes during this year election.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since it was just a bunch of hk chinese tourists that died. It's okay for them to behave this way.

If it was a chinese gunman who killed some filippinos in hk he would have been condemned to hell by the chinese and also the filippinos and nobody would cheer for him.

Since that wasn't the case but a filippino man that killed some china tourists it's okay for him to be mourned.

Btw it's also racist to scold filippino ppl despite killing 8 chinese tourists but it's okay to be racist to chinese.

This is how the way the world works. I know you chinese here won't complain.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since it was just a bunch of hk chinese tourists that died. It's okay for them to behave this way.

If it was a chinese gunman who killed some filippinos in hk he would have been condemned to hell by the chinese and also the filippinos and nobody would cheer for him.

Since that wasn't the case but a filippino man that killed some china tourists it's okay for him to be mourned.

Btw it's also racist to scold filippino ppl despite killing 8 chinese tourists but it's okay to be racist to chinese.

This is how the way the world works. I know you chinese here won't complain.
I will complain.

A killer is a killer, regardless of race.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when has this become an issue of racism?

I thought it's about police action against hostage takers?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

Mourners attend a funeral mass of hostage taker, former police senior inspector Rolando Mendoza inside the Saint John Evangelist church in Tanuan town, Batangas province, south of Manila August 28, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
670x.jpg

Relatives cry as they view the remains of hostage-taker, former Police Captain Rolando Mendoza, at his funeral at Tanauan township, Batangas province south of Manila, Philippines, Saturday Aug. 28, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
710x.jpg

Mourners file past the coffin of hostage-taker, former Police Captain Rolando Mendoza prior to a mass at Tanauan Church at Tanauan township, Batangas province south of Manila, Philippines, Saturday Aug. 28, 2010.

730x.jpg

Aurora Mendoza (3rd R), the wife of of Rolando Mendoza (lower), the ex-policeman who hijacked a bus in Manila on August 23, triggering a hostage crisis in which eight Hong Kong tourists were killed, view the coffin during his burial at the Himlayan Cemetery at Batangas, south of Manila on August 28, 2010. Scores of friends and family attended the funeral of the sacked policeman who hijacked a bus in Manila, triggering a hostage crisis in which eight Hong Kong tourists were killed. Even as the government tried to distance itself from the incident, more than a hundred people gathered at former senior inspector Rolando Mendoza's home, to remember him for his police honours and not for Monday's tragic events.​