• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Penalty for acquiring another passport

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said about Debt being a good servant and bad master. The trick is think as an individual rather than follow the country which most astute people do in the american context.

We individuals are caught in debt-based monetary systems where the only evidences we get from such systems are that they are inherently unstable.
(Argentina, Zimbabwe, Russia, Turkey, etc)

The modern world hope to bring stability into a system by using fiat money.

But fiat money is created out of thin air at minimal cost by banks and lent to govt, consumers and businesses. The only way the borrowers can repay the debts is by taking up more debts.

This resulted in inflated asset prices (eg the current Aussie property prices)

This vicious cycle continues until the borrowers became credit unworthy and unable to take on more debts and lenders unwilling to lend for precisely the same reason.
As a result, the system grind to a halt and we have this GFC.

At least, the Aussies have high tolorence for debt despite income moving backwards in real terms. At least, smart individuals are moving to reduce credit and save. I am sure Americans are doing the same.

In a less developed financial system like China, asset appreciation is skyrocketing (property, shares).

Cowboy China need to suffer the pains they inflict on themselves. Otherwise, it will turn the rest of the world into its brothel, in its version of the New World Order.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the last few times the so called globally mobile "super rich" unscrupulous chinese did that was in the boom and bust of vancouver in 1997 and recently in the bursting of the housing bubble of california in 2007. they speculate, buy and sell in such frenzy that if you don't have the huge stash of cash like they do, don't even contemplate playing in the same arena. these are gamblers. and they don't respect real estate for the long term. they only think short term gains. and they will burn you. where ever they go to, sell and run away from them. these are the modern day world destroying ugly aliens who invade neighborhoods and lay devastation where ever they go. they won't have pity on you when they leave you with properties way below the bubble values that they fraudulently create.

Aiyoh,

Don't just blame the Chinese. The rich Indonesians did the same in Singapore during the enbloc saga and Indians are doing the same in Perth now. We have this blip on Perth property radar caused by the rich Indians.

That fertiliser king Oswal is building Australia's most expensive house in Peppermint Grove. Soon, we are able to marvel at this Grand Palace from the Swan River tourist cruises.

Like all Indians who suddenly got super rich, he wants to be the Maharajah of Perth, just like how the FTs are overrunning Singapore.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
We individuals are caught in debt-based monetary systems where the only evidences we get from such systems are that they are inherently unstable.
(Argentina, Zimbabwe, Russia, Turkey, etc)

The modern world hope to bring stability into a system by using fiat money.

But fiat money is created out of thin air at minimal cost by banks and lent to govt, consumers and businesses. The only way the borrowers can repay the debts is by taking up more debts.

This resulted in inflated asset prices (eg the current Aussie property prices)

This vicious cycle continues until the borrowers became credit unworthy and unable to take on more debts and lenders unwilling to lend for precisely the same reason.
As a result, the system grind to a halt and we have this GFC.

At least, the Aussies have high tolorence for debt despite income moving backwards in real terms. At least, smart individuals are moving to reduce credit and save. I am sure Americans are doing the same.

In a less developed financial system like China, asset appreciation is skyrocketing (property, shares).

Cowboy China need to suffer the pains they inflict on themselves. Otherwise, it will turn the rest of the world into its brothel, in its version of the New World Order.

Australian have a high tolerance to debt?

Is that what you call a massive 50% of GDP trade deficit? Ouch!

Or perhaps its the higher export prices with no beneficial import prices reductions, only more inflation while you yongos compete with yourselves over your exported agricultural products. More and more pain in that crap cuntry called Arsetralia.

Mark to market anyone?

Also I forgot to mention Perth property prices are down more than I thought, goodness me I should have smeared that in more

560,000 at peak to 430,000 today

Ouch!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, like i said.. never under estimate Australia's economy. There is a serious shortage of house supply and the super rich china-nese are heading to US & Aust... Oz economy for the moment may/may not be in recession.. but i expect it to be a 'V' shape recovery. I have very reliable reports. :wink: Avg Eastern areas within 10km from CBD will have a medium price of 2-4mil ! (Juz like Dist 9,10 & 11). Get 'in' before it is too late !

Few mths back I randomly negotiated a deal.. a retail ppty with 6.5% yield trying to sell me at 900k.. I countered offer for 580k + (or abt 8-10% yield), hehe.... Last week i received his call to re-negotiate but too late liao, I've committed somewhere else.. KNN.. was hoping for fire sale..

Anyway, personally, economy is not everything in Australia. It is always good to know that we can move contrarianly against the mainstream and still win.
I still look at property objectively in this country. My Purchase Price/Buyer's Income ratio is pointing to a Loan Default level in certain mortgage belt surburbs, those paying with $ transferred from China are still alright, but for how long. At least India cannot afford a fiscal stimulas package.

Unfortunately, I got nothing to sell when the Indians are here. Unfortunately, those Indian renting cannot afford my investment properties.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australian have a high tolerance to debt?

Is that what you call a massive 50% of GDP trade deficit? Ouch!

Or perhaps its the higher export prices with no beneficial import prices reductions, only more inflation while you yongos compete with yourselves over your exported agricultural products. More and more pain in that crap cuntry called Arsetralia.

Mark to market anyone?

Also I forgot to mention Perth property prices are down more than I thought, goodness me I should have smeared that in more

560,000 at peak to 430,000 today

Ouch!

LKY said only 2nd class SG go to Australia because they cannot make it anywhere else.

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense, since when LKY says that only 2nd class SG goes to Australia, in fact what he said was the top percentile in SG migrate to US or Australia and the ones that remain in SG are the ones not smart enough to migrate and he has to take care of these lower less intelligent beings with cane. Any one in SG that says only 2nd class migrate to Oz are obviously jealous. My advice is get over it and sweet dreams.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense, since when LKY says that only 2nd class SG goes to Australia, in fact what he said was the top percentile in SG migrate to US or Australia and the ones that remain in SG are the ones not smart enough to migrate and he has to take care of these lower less intelligent beings with cane. Any one in SG that says only 2nd class migrate to Oz are obviously jealous. My advice is get over it and sweet dreams.

sorry to show you the error of your ways:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/MMinterview.pdf

Q: “So, how serious is the brain drain, sir?”
Mr Lee: “The brain drain is pretty serious, our brain drain, losing them...”
Q: “To China?”
Mr Lee: “No, losing them to America. No, we’re not losing to China.”

But if they decide to take the Green Card and settle in America, then I think we’ve lost them and they are going to America and those who don’t want the hard competition here go to Australia and Canada.”

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry to show you the error of your ways:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/MMinterview.pdf

Q: “So, how serious is the brain drain, sir?”
Mr Lee: “The brain drain is pretty serious, our brain drain, losing them...”
Q: “To China?”
Mr Lee: “No, losing them to America. No, we’re not losing to China.”

But if they decide to take the Green Card and settle in America, then I think we’ve lost them and they are going to America and those who don’t want the hard competition here go to Australia and Canada.”

Which statement says 2nd class ? which statement says they cannot make it anywhere else ? Do you know what's the meaning of Brain Drain ?

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which statement says 2nd class ? which statement says they cannot make it anywhere else ? Do you know what's the meaning of Brain Drain ?

Those who cant make to the US and cant compete in SG and settle for less (Australia Canada) are 2nd class

If you dont understand english go take a course you twit

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
londoncabby, go back to school and get a skill and hopefully by then u are not too old to emigrate. Seems to me u are one sour grape that we are able to migrate to Oz and u can't. Anyway, the bottom line is dun be a twister. The main thing is only the TOP PERCENTILE IN SG are able to migrate. I am one of them whereas u dun fit into this elite category so buzz off and have a nice day! Cya in Sydney if u can make it, londoncabby.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
londoncabby, go back to school and get a skill and hopefully by then u are not too old to emigrate. Seems to me u are one sour grape that we are able to migrate to Oz and u can't. Anyway, the bottom line is dun be a twister. The main thing is only the TOP PERCENTILE IN SG are able to migrate. I am one of them whereas u dun fit into this elite category so buzz off and have a nice day! Cya in Sydney if u can make it, londoncabby.

Who the hell want to migrate to Australia the worst country in the world???

Australians are leaving you twit

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh forgot to mention, the fact that you lost that argument just goes to show how correct LKY was when he said 2nd class Singaporeans are headed there as the cant hack Singapore and cant get to the USA

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change ur low life filthy name to londoncrap and btw, u have no right to engage me to a debate simply because I'm an Aussie and we are first world whereas u are not. That make me much more superior that u and to me, u r simply a pathetic ignorant whinger. Look at the stats, Aussie are the third happiest people on earth. Where's singapore? Get a life and as I said a thousand times before, u can only dream what I have and the life of being an Aussie as we have one of the best social security system in the world. What about singapore, pathetic to the core. U are just jealous, londoncrap! I rest my rest.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change ur low life filthy name to londoncrap and btw, u have no right to engage me to a debate simply because I'm an Aussie and we are first world whereas u are not. That make me much more superior that u and to me, u r simply a pathetic ignorant whinger. Look at the stats, Aussie are the third happiest people on earth. Where's singapore? Get a life and as I said a thousand times before, u can only dream what I have and the life of being an Aussie as we have one of the best social security system in the world. What about singapore, pathetic to the core. U are just jealous, londoncrap! I rest my rest.

Enjoy your 10% GST, 40% taxes, shit way of life, 3rd most angry maybe, police state crap, expensive costs and overall crap way of life. Super expensive house cost, no value anywhere, car price almost same as singapore stressed out people, people fighting over car park and driving, expensive food cost, white people attacking asian, politician there trying to ban Muslims, Asian Chinese Asian Indian getting attacked, beaten, murdered, hated, spat on, forced out living area, chased in car for being asian, backward shitty crap cuntry with school children whites there teasing and abusing our sons and daughters unfair govt charges on house, food, water, electricity, super expensive service costs, politician there trying to ban chinese, ex-PM officially anti-chinese, stupid wage laws, stupid business laws, stupid tax laws, tax withholding, tax everything until you die, many Singaporean abandon there already say stupid place, inflation out of control averaging 3% for last 15 years

Rioting in 2004 and 2009 on whole world TV for people to see and witness shame of Australia. Asians beaten, tortured killed, parents afraid for children safety, asians afraid for own safety

No wonder Ozzies leaving that shithole, neddy. get more nick already.

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Londoncrappy, it's difficult to engage with a outright moron in addition to the time difference and status wise. The only telling thing abt you is that u have never been to Australia and if u did but had bad experiences, it is most likely u have a disgusting look, shorty, nerdy or looks like a poof. I bet not only u will be bullied in Oz but else where too. Go and get a extreme makeover and stop being a coward. One last thing, get u facts right abt Oz before u post as these falsehood reflects badly on you. Shame on you and stop being a toad in the well. The world out there isn't as scary as u perceived.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Londoncrappy, it's difficult to engage with a outright moron in addition to the time difference and status wise. The only telling thing abt you is that u have never been to Australia and if u did but had bad experiences, it is most likely u have a disgusting look, shorty, nerdy or looks like a poof. I bet not only u will be bullied in Oz but else where too. Go and get a extreme makeover and stop being a coward. One last thing, get u facts right abt Oz before u post as these falsehood reflects badly on you. Shame on you and stop being a toad in the well. The world out there isn't as scary as u perceived.

I see alot of silence since you lost the LKY argument. Sound like you are a loser who cant make it in the US of A or in Singapore just like LKY says

My information comes firsthand from friends and family not cyber idiots like you.

What a poor pathetic loser you are

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like u are afraid to face reality and choose to dwell on ur imagination. Well let it go wild for all I care and if u choose to fantasize that Singapore is a better place than Australia, by all pathetic means go ahead. Everyone knows which is a better country, dun live a life in denial as the joke is on you. As I said before, get a skill and try to get ur skill assess again. No point trying to tell me and the whole world that Oz is such a crap country when we have the best social security system in the world whereas Singapore doesn't have. Yeah I know welfare is a dirty word and commiting suicide is a way of life. So be it and beat it mate. Go get a life and I am driving to Melbourne tommorrow so bugger off. By the way, I own two cars and one is a 4WD. Total cost is less than 60 grand and both are brand new and driveaway price. U said car price is the same as in Singapore, dun make my toes laugh mate. Pathetic piece of garbage.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like u are afraid to face reality and choose to dwell on ur imagination. Well let it go wild for all I care and if u choose to fantasize that Singapore is a better place than Australia, by all pathetic means go ahead. Everyone knows which is a better country, dun live a life in denial as the joke is on you. As I said before, get a skill and try to get ur skill assess again. No point trying to tell me and the whole world that Oz is such a crap country when we have the best social security system in the world whereas Singapore doesn't have. Yeah I know welfare is a dirty word and commiting suicide is a way of life. So be it and beat it mate. Go get a life and I am driving to Melbourne tommorrow so bugger off. By the way, I own two cars and one is a 4WD. Total cost is less than 60 grand and both are brand new and driveaway price. U said car price is the same as in Singapore, dun make my toes laugh mate. Pathetic piece of garbage.

You are such a pathetic retard. Here you go loser, A MB C Class in SG today that goes for SGD 119,000 = AUD$ 103,000

And the C Class in Australia? $95,000

Take that you piece of fucking crap

Best social system in the world, ya right fucktard, enjoy your 40% taxes, forced private hospital cover, crumbling shitty hospitals, 3 hour waits to see a dumb redneck doctor and one year on the wait list for hip surgery

http://carshowroom.autotrader.com.a...omni_cust=Make/Model&style_id=755860420081031

Eat shit, you dumb fuck

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how bad Australia sucks ass you butt porker

http://www.kotsemo.com/Www/Extra/News/?newsID=223

The hidden taxes on your new car

Every time Porsche sells a new 911 Turbo in Australia, the tax man makes enough money to buy five Toyota Corollas.

That’s the startling truth about Australia’s tax regime as it applies to motor vehicles.

Taxes on new cars range from 9 per cent for Australian made vehicles to 36 per cent for the most expensive imports.

A third of the price of a new Rolls-Royce Phantom, or a staggering $300,805, goes into the government’s coffers. And that figure will rise even further when the Government lifts the luxury tax on vehicles that cost more than $57,123 from 25 to 33 per cent.

In the wake of the latest slug on car buyers, Drive has calculated the various taxes paid on 10 cars sold in Australia’s, ranging from the Hyundai Getz and Holden Commodore to the 911 Turbo and Rolls-Royce Phantom – and the results aren’t pretty.

Drive can’t tell you exactly how much import duty you pay because the 10 per cent tariff is paid on the wholesale price of the car, before the manufacturer and dealer add their profit margins.

Car companies won’t reveal how much import duty they pay because it would allow their competitors to estimate their profit margins.

So for the purpose of our table, we’ve estimated a 10 per cent profit for both the dealer and manufacturer.

The chief executive of the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industry, Andrew McKellar, says Australia is “right up there” when it comes to taxing car buyers.

“The luxury tax in particular is far higher than any similar tax anywhere in the world,” he says.

The differences are most notable in luxury imports. For example, a Porsche 911 that costs more than $200,000 in Australia sells for less than $75,000 in the United States. Holden’s own Commodore SS, which sells for $45,290 here, costs roughly $32,000 in the States.

Australian motorists can potentially pay up to five taxes or duties when they buy a new car.

Import duty is charged when a vehicle arrives on Australian shores, then GST and luxury car taxes are levied, before stamp duty and registration fees take another slice of the pie.

“The tax burden on motorists is already substantial and the increase in luxury tax is simply a punitive measure on top of that,” he says.

He says the tax regime now hits luxury buyers three times during the sale process. Apart from the luxury tax, they also pay more GST by virtue of their car’s higher purchase price.

Then once the sale goes through, they pay a higher percentage of the sale price in stamp duty because the rate is based on a sliding scale, where the tax rate increases in most states at $30,000 and $45,000.

On a Porsche 911 turbo, the GST payable is $25,732, the luxury tax is $51,348 and the stamp duty totals $15,820. Add to that an estimated import duty of more than $20,000 and you come up with a total tax burden that is approaching the cost of a new Porsche Boxster.

The taxes payable on a Toyota LandCruiser would buy a new Toyota Yaris, while the tax on a BMW 5-Series would pay for a Volkswagen Golf.

McKellar says the other injustice is the fact that many cars that were never intended to be caught in the luxury tax net are now affected because the level at which the tax cuts in has not been adjusted in line with inflation.

“There hasn’t been any decent increase in the luxury tax threshold in the past four or five years. It hasn’t kept pace with the changes in the industry. Whatever happened to the good old Aussie notion of a fair go,” he says.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enjoy your 10% GST, 40% taxes, shit way of life, 3rd most angry maybe, police state crap, expensive costs and overall crap way of life. Super expensive house cost, no value anywhere, car price almost same as singapore stressed out people, people fighting over car park and driving, expensive food cost, white people attacking asian, politician there trying to ban Muslims, Asian Chinese Asian Indian getting attacked, beaten, murdered, hated, spat on, forced out living area, chased in car for being asian, backward shitty crap cuntry with school children whites there teasing and abusing our sons and daughters unfair govt charges on house, food, water, electricity, super expensive service costs, politician there trying to ban chinese, ex-PM officially anti-chinese, stupid wage laws, stupid business laws, stupid tax laws, tax withholding, tax everything until you die, many Singaporean abandon there already say stupid place, inflation out of control averaging 3% for last 15 years

Rioting in 2004 and 2009 on whole world TV for people to see and witness shame of Australia. Asians beaten, tortured killed, parents afraid for children safety, asians afraid for own safety

No wonder Ozzies leaving that shithole, neddy. get more nick already.

Errrr.. the funny thing about SG is.. I never get to own it upright and never get to use it for life... The moment i landed here in Australia my car is fully owned, no more beeping sound from my cash card device and no more ERPs .. Yahooo !