• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pastor Rony Tan said sorry

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still dun get it and because of that, people will continue to hammer Christians like you.

The Paster has been saying such things for years. But he dared to put it online. What was he trying to prove? That Buddhism is crap. Taoism is satanism. In that case, Buddhists and Taoists have a right to reply.

No one is saying that you cannot believe your religion is the best.Just dun sneer at others. Why is that so difficult?

It is difficult because the idiot you are responding to is TeeKee. The resident sammyboy imbecile and the shame of Christianity.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You still dun get it and because of that, people will continue to hammer Christians like you.

The Paster has been saying such things for years. But he dared to put it online. What was he trying to prove? That Buddhism is crap. Taoism is satanism. In that case, Buddhists and Taoists have a right to reply.

No one is saying that you cannot believe your religion is the best.Just dun sneer at others. Why is that so difficult?

Christian like him always think they are high and mighty 1. Their pastor ask them to go die, they will also, cox GOD said so, LOL

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised so many people here supported the ISD to ask Rony Tan for a lim kopi session.

ISD being a political repression tool used by LKY previously to incarcerate so many political oppositions to LKY regime, is now being used as a silent oppression for Christian Evangelism.

What did Rony Tan said? He is making fun of Buddhists and Taoism? Why? Because he thinks Jesus is superior than any other gods. As stated in the bible, God is the Alpha and the Omega, and through Jesus we can get to God. Okay maybe he has gone overboard by showing too much enthusiasm..what's wrong with that, man sins...so does him. Looking from his perspective, he's telling you to go for the best, not the 2nd best. Why are you guys so offended? Why are you guys so stubborn? Why can't all these questions be discussed instead of suppressing his views? Did he incite hatred against other religions?

To see the enjoyment in your eyes that he got asked to Lim Kopi by ISD, you feel so good? Aren't you all no different from those who wants to see oppositions getting arrested and detained by ISD?

Have you all gone out of your minds? Support ISD??

Rony Tan tells us to go for the best? Someone's best is another's worst!! How to prove that your GOD is the BEST?

Get a life!

:oIo:

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rony Tan tells us to go for the best? Someone's best is another's worst!! How to prove that your GOD is the BEST?

Get a life!

:oIo:

Yes Teekee get a life. Even I am a torah believer of the One God of Israel and know Jesus new testament are full of lies, I will never act sarcastic and mock others belief.

In fact, people that don't use pure scriptures to explain, and analyse are those that got something to hide. If you listen, he is just comparing the loop holes (mystery part) of both religion. It serves nothing but only to bring people away from looking for god or improving their lifes practically.

I know there are alot of people like that here and everywhere. And its sad that people use organised groups to avoid proper discussion of looking for meaning and improvement in life via main religions.

Again, jesus never came back. In gods eyes no believer of god of israel should believe it. Not I say, it is in OT. :biggrin:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he attracted alot of people to Lighthouse due to the myth of his faith healing powers... dunno can use Medisave anot...

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am a malay man hence is a muslim by birth. but i am the heck care type.

i have to be honest and say islam and christianity are the 2 most racist, bias and obnoxious religion ever. almost all religious wars involved either muslims or christians or both.

if the world is without these 2 religions, perhaps we can have world peace.

Good post, up your points, but you forgot Judaism and Fascism.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/lifestyle/singapore-denounces-pastor-for-ridiculing-buddhists_440803.html

86427445.OyaMMHxT.jpg

Last edited:

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post, up your points, but you forgot Judaism and Fascism.

nono you dont mean judaism but zionism and freemason. judaism's is the original and core of the 3. saying the torah is not real is the beginning of atheism stands. the other two is re-telling of what has been said. mind you both prophecy not complete yet. thats why its called faith.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nono you dont mean judaism but zionism and freemason. judaism's is the original and core of the 3. saying the torah is not real is the beginning of atheism stands. the other two is re-telling of what has been said. mind you both prophecy not complete yet. thats why its called faith.

People who have read Kelvin Tan's biography of the late David Marshall will know that despite their best friendship & close association, David Marshall died a Jew, actually to the extent of writing to the Pentecostal Evangelist Couple Thio Su Mien (Feminist Mentor) & hubby Teo Gim Hock, that much as he would want to be like them, in all honesty, at heart, he could not make that leap of faith to embrace their way of belief, in spite of enjoying their fellowship & cell gathering.

In the end, David Marshall was not converted (or 'saved') by the couple & remain true to the religion of his birth & upbringing.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who have read Kelvin Tan's biography of the late David Marshall will know that despite their best friendship & close association, David Marshall died a Jew, actually to the extent of writing to the Pentecostal Evangelist Couple Thio Su Mien (Feminist Mentor) & hubby Teo Gim Hock, that much as he would want to be like them, in all honesty, at heart, he could not make that leap of faith to embrace their way of belief, in spite of enjoying their fellowship & cell gathering.

In the end, David Marshall was not converted (or 'saved') by the couple & remain true to the religion of his birth & upbringing.

thanks for the story of Mr Marshall. Seems like a prominent jew in singapore but not heard much whether he's a torah observant or not. I can deduce his lack of a beard who suggest the latter.:biggrin:

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody say sorry no use and too late leow... People's Action Party it is time for action leow!

Earnst and Young, Pricewater House Cooper, CPIB!!! Many many cum.....

Rony has built so many churches and accumulated a huge well of wealth... Please check his accounts properly hor.. Check if he got use the money loan out to other companies or not.. Check he got buy horses or not... Check he got drive car with golden steering wheel or not... Check if his 2 children are benefiting from his pastor career or not...Check his investment... Check he got buy houses elsewhere or not... New Zealand wu property or not?

Pwuahhh!!! powerful name title wor, when can have Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin title har Rony Tan? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good job MHA. Good job. You contain the screw up by Rony. Let's see you follow through to solve the undercurrent created by these fundies.

Now for a start, look at this http://www.graceaog.org/preteen 2008/Stage 5/Lesson 5-7 Christianity and Buddhism.pdf

Attempting to convert another person is offensive to his religion. There is also material on the website on how to convert muslims. Now your problem starts. So how MHA? What are your plans for these fundies who will continue to tuant the rest of us?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AG Chambers is headed by a Christian you dumbwit! :biggrin:

hahaha teekee! are you saying that christian will help christian? Attorney General of Singapore himself will ignore his official duty to let Pastor Rony Tan of Lighthouse Evangelism off by not press charges against Rony Tan? yes or no!

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't be surprised there will be some offering of help ...

I went to church and saw how closely knitted they are even to the extent of loving each other coz they are all god's children....

That's why my office's management are mostly Christians... My impression is:
If you are not one of them you will not be promoted!!!

There is insufficient check in gov and stat board ... There is a level of prejudice and biaise...

If AG, ISD boss and it's investigator are Christians then there will certainly be some sort of help offered

hahaha teekee! are you saying that christian will help christian? Attorney General of Singapore himself will ignore his official duty to let Pastor Rony Tan of Lighthouse Evangelism off by not press charges against Rony Tan? yes or no!

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a person is borned into a Faith A family but he converts to Faith B when he grows up, simply means that he renounced and reject Faith A for Faith B.

The real reason for affiliation with Faith B and rejecting Faith A could be blessing, career, preference, peer pressure, fate or simply karma.

TeeKee, by your analogy, if I were to born into a Christian family, I would have been a knowledgeable Christian too?

I know you are stupid, but do you have to demonstrate your stupidity every time you post something?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah, the usual reasons are
- the ability to dress up fashionably
- easy to meet people especially if have no friends or can't make friends
- like to sing and hear music
- bring liveliness at least once a week
- most importantly accepted as a member of a formal group.

Good for those that have low self esteem, boring life etc. Religion and god is secondary. If you look at all the religions of the world, the basic tenets are the same - do good and avoid evil.

Spirituality is important to many people but some abuse and exploit it as there are many sheep waiting in the wings.

If a person is borned into a Faith A family but he converts to Faith B when he grows up, simply means that he renounced and reject Faith A for Faith B.

The real reason for affiliation with Faith B and rejecting Faith A could be blessing, career, preference, peer pressure, fate or simply karma.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, all those you wrote would come under my small collection of reasons.

Nah, the usual reasons are
- the ability to dress up fashionably
- easy to meet people especially if have no friends or can't make friends
- like to sing and hear music
- bring liveliness at least once a week
- most importantly accepted as a member of a formal group.

Good for those that have low self esteem, boring life etc. Religion and god is secondary. If you look at all the religions of the world, the basic tenets are the same - do good and avoid evil.

Spirituality is important to many people but some abuse and exploit it as there are many sheep waiting in the wings.