• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pappie MP blasts trouble-maker Tommy Koh, helping the poor is not “within my pay grade”

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Half-truth. Most people don't choose to be poor.
They don't choose to be poor but they end up poor by default because they choose not to partake in hard work, display perseverance and make concerted efforts.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the current phase of capitalism is most frequently referred to as neoliberal.
this term has a wide variety off definitions.
if you succeed , it is entirely down to your own efforts and your rewards
should be bountiful and minimally tax.
you are a high achieving individual and don't own anything to anybody.
if you failed , the responsibility also lies entirely on your shoulders for
having mismanaged your own life by making bad choices.
you pathetic creature.
gov may help keep you alive if it doesn't cost much but don't come crying
for more than to the bare minimum.
the underlying myth here is that all of us have an equal opportunity on a
level playing field - so those don't make it must live with the consequences
of their failure.
forget about class differences, inherited wealth , unequal educational
opportunity , health handicaps and a profusion of other social factors.

That's why people all over the world are so frustrated and upset and have embraced anyone who is willing to create chaos.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They don't choose to be poor but they end up poor by default because they choose not to partake in hard work, display perseverance and make concerted efforts.

You could work three jobs and still unable to get out of the hole. There is NO equal opportunity.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like the PAP's guts ....they are not afraid to tell it as is. Condescend, patrionize, belittle ....no problem. Just shoot.

Sinkees love to be stepped on. And the more they get stepped on, the stronger will be their vote for the PAP. The abused wife syndrome is real in sinkapore.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You could work three jobs and still unable to get out of the hole. There is NO equal opportunity.

That's because they choose menial work instead of challenging themselves in order to create opportunities.

The term "opportunity" seems to be your favorite buzzword so I have to remind you that opportunity is never served to you on a platter. It's something that you need to seek out and then vigorously chase.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I like the PAP's guts ....they are not afraid to tell it as is. Condescend, patrionize, belittle ....no problem. Just shoot.

Sinkees love to be stepped on. And the more they get stepped on, the stronger will be their vote for the PAP. The abused wife syndrome is real in sinkapore.

Half the working sinkies earn at least $4400 a month vs lots of people around the world who earn barely US$100 a month.

Sinkies support PAP because PAP is doing a good job. Try living like a local in Africa or jiuhu.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because they choose menial work instead of challenging themselves in order to create opportunities.

The term "opportunity" seems to be your favorite buzzword so I have to remind you that opportunity is never served to you on a platter. It's something that you need to seek out and then vigorously chase.

That's the problem with right-wing thinking ...just because you made it, you expect everyone else to be able to make it like you did. Is that realistic?
Government can ensure a middle class existence for everyone. All government needs to do is to use its financial resources derived from collection of taxes to fund the major expenses in life, namely education, healthcare, pension, childcare and unemployment insurance. With these expenses taken care of, people can breathe easy and smell the lalang.
And those who want more can work their butt out to achieve it.

On opportunity, every sinkee has a right to access opportunity in education, a working-wage job, health care. That's what the government is supposed to deliver.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That's the problem with right-wing thinking ...just because you made it, you expect everyone else to be able to make it like you did. Is that realistic?
Government can ensure a middle class existence for everyone. All government needs to do is to use its financial resources derived from collection of taxes to fund the major expenses in life, namely education, healthcare, pension, childcare and unemployment insurance. With these expenses taken care of, people can breathe easy and smell the lalang.
And those who want more can work their butt out to achieve it.

On opportunity, every sinkee has a right to access opportunity in education, a working-wage job, health care. That's what the government is supposed to deliver.

It has nothing to do with right wing or left wing and has everything to do with human nature.

Taking money from the successful and handing it over to the unsuccessful goes against the very order upon which humanity exists.

Imagine if we started this process in school where students who score As get their marks deducted and given to those with failing grades. No more scholars and no more failures. In your view the whole class would be happy. I beg to differ.

Or how about every 4 years the world cup committee sets up a goal tax where the best teams have to give up 40% of their goals scored to be given to countries like Singapore in an attempt to create a "fairer" and more "humane" system.

That's the problem with left wing liberal thinking. Their idealism may sound nice and touchy feely but it ignores the foundations upon with the human psyche operates.

Humans NEED competition. Without it the species goes backwards.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Half the working sinkies earn at least $4400 a month vs lots of people around the world who earn barely US$100 a month.

Sinkies support PAP because PAP is doing a good job. Try living like a local in Africa or jiuhu.

Which planet are you from? Life in Mudland is pretty good.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has nothing to do with right wing or left wing and has everything to do with human nature.

Taking money from the successful and handing it over to the unsuccessful goes against the very order upon which humanity exists.

Imagine if we started this process in school where students who score As get their marks deducted and given to those with failing grades. No more scholars and no more failures. In your view the whole class would be happy. I beg to differ.

Or how about every 4 years the world cup committee sets up a goal tax where the best teams have to give up 40% of their goals scored to be given to countries like Singapore in an attempt to create a "fairer" and more "humane" system.

That's the problem with left wing liberal thinking. Their idealism may sound nice and touchy feely but it ignores the foundations upon with the human psyche operates.

Humans NEED competition. Without it the species goes backwards.

Sharing is the price one pays to be a part of a society. You want to be part of SICC, you pay the huge fee to join the club. Paying taxes to support the country is the same thing.

We are humans, not animals. So, we shouldn't live by the laws of the jungle. We are born to be self-centred, focus on self preservation at the expense of others. A peaceful society won't emerge went everyone is to themselves.

That's the problem with right-wing thinking - it is all about themselves. Damn with the others and societies. Their myopic thinking is the cause of the current mayhem in the world.

It is a matter of time before the majority will go lynch the filthy rich.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sharing is the price one pays to be a part of a society. You want to be part of SICC, you pay the huge fee to join the club. Paying taxes to support the country is the same thing.

We are humans, not animals. So, we shouldn't live by the laws of the jungle. We are born to be self-centred, focus on self preservation at the expense of others. A peaceful society won't emerge went everyone is to themselves.

That's the problem with right-wing thinking - it is all about themselves. Damn with the others and societies. Their myopic thinking is the cause of the current mayhem in the world.

It is a matter of time before the majority will go lynch the filthy rich.

I'm all for taxes and I have no problems with the wealthy paying a higher percentage so that money is available for the common good like defense, infrastructure, education and health. However what I disagree with is the way the money is spent giving handouts to those who can't be bothered to pay their own way in life.

I also fully support the concept of a caring society. However care is not something that should be subcontracted to the government. Caring is within each and everyone of us.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then go live and work in mudland.

The jams at the causeway leading into Singapore says otherwise.

Mudlanders have choices ....fast pace, work in KL. Slower pace, work in Penang. Take it easy, work in Ipoh. Just relax, move to Kota Bharu, Kuala Trengganu. Wanna be like sinkee, move to JB.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Just wondering why Singapore doesnt have something called a food bank for the needy? I mean helping the poor doesnt have to be just giving then money. You can give food. You can give clothes. You can give train tickets. You can cover their utility Bills. So why not?

I guess with the food it is because government cant decide if the poor want hawker centre food? Or Michelin 5 star food? Lol!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just wondering why Singapore doesnt have something called a food bank for the needy? I mean helping the poor doesnt have to be just giving then money. You can give food. You can give clothes. You can give train tickets. You can cover their utility Bills. So why not?

I guess with the food it is because government cant decide if the poor want hawker centre food? Or Michelin 5 star food? Lol!

This is the queue for food outside the Auckland City Mission.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/8109106/Hundreds-queue-for-food

It gets longer during the festive seasons.

This is the problem when free food is doled out. The first in the queue are the fatties who should be queuing for weight loss vouchers instead.

8109077.jpg

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sinkieland u find many Old folks still working, they work cos they know very well the PAP's policy, 'U Die ur Business'. This is one reason the Queue at free food centres are low. Wat happened, to the praise, Ang Mohs the Bestest!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In Sinkieland u find many Old folks still working, they work cos they know very well the PAP's policy, 'U Die ur Business'. This is one reason the Queue at free food centres are low. Wat happened, to the praise, Ang Mohs the Bestest!

All those queuing for food are BROWN you twit.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

welcum back. in sf, glyde memorial church gives away free food between thanksgiving and christmas, and guess who shows up? you would expect mostly niggers, hispanics, and fat white trash to throng the church. no. shameless chinks who can well afford their own food. just look at their smirking sniggering smiles. the whole food giveaway charade in sf is fraud with abusers and those who shamelessly game the system. same happens at the sacred heart community church in sj. chinks showed up and cleaned up on the first day. the organizer had to go on tv to beg for more donations.
628x471.jpg