• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP team at Jalan Besar GRC ready for battle at next GE

jw5

Loyal
there wasn't a debate on the meanings because GMS already clarified in the beginning that his only duty for the estate is to appoint the manager who will be responsible for everything "under the sun"

besides, it has nothing to do with this thread
There was a debate.
GMS's first comment was that "An MP's responsibility is not to take care of the ward".
There were a lot of brickbats to that statement, ranging from "How can that be?" to "Even if you think that, you should not say that to the voters who will think you don't care about the ward".
He clarified that he would appoint a manager to be responsible for the ward.

GMS's second comment was that "An MP's responsibility is to look after the ward, not take care".
This comment obviously confirms that GMS is not saying the MP should not bother about the ward, simply that he has to "look after" and not "take care".

The issue is hence in his interpretation of the semantics.
My theory was that micro-analysing the meaning of english words is what some well educated former sap school students who have a good command of english tend to do.
He then made the comment about chinese and english educated and the latter failing to detect subtlety, in this thread.

Last edited:

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a debate.

The issue is hence in his interpretation of the semantics.
My theory was that micro-analysing the meaning of english words is what some well educated former sap school students who have a good command of english tend to do.
He then made the comment about chinese and english educated and the latter failing to detect subtlety, in this thread.

To win votes, he has to appeal to the voters, not some English language scholars.

This he has totally missed the mark. It's like a salesman who doesn't know how to do sales.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To win votes, he has to appeal to the voters, not some English language scholars.

This he has totally missed the mark. It's like a salesman who doesn't know how to do sales.

here's a scenario

GMS: hi good day sir, let me present to you this new product that promises a change in your lifestyle and the way you live your life in the future
customer: so what does it do and what can it do for me?
GMS: it doesn't matter what it can or will do for you, what matters most is that i am selling it to you
customer: but why should i buy a product which you do not have ad idea what it can do for me?
GMS: its because you are buying it from me, by buying it from me it will change your life even though you have no idea what you are buying, most importantly you are buying it from me and even if its a lemon, you are buying an alternate lemon and not some main stream junk :biggrin:
customer: :confused::confused::confused::confused: