• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Subsudies For Even Private GPs and Dentists

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does this apply only to Sinkie or can FT qualify ? :biggrin:

Does this answer your question

Eligibility

To qualify for CHAS, you must be either:

A Singapore citizen who is 40 years old or above, and with a per capita monthly household income of $1,500 and below; or
A Singapore citizen and you are unable to do any one of these six activities for yourself - washing / bathing; toileting; transferring; feeding; dressing; and/or mobility, and; with a per capita monthly household income of $1,500 and below; or
On the Public Assistance Scheme.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those of use, are were born here, gone through the National Slavery, opps! SERVICE!, then Reservist; would be suspicious of anything that the government gives, none have good intentions always there is a catch & snare! So, how do one expect us to believe!..the 60% will buy, hook , line & sinker!:rolleyes:

This person calls others idiots because we do not share his views.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This person calls others idiots because we do not share his views.

Normally pple who do not share views in here will be called PAP dogs in this forum. Even opposition politicians are given the same treatment in here. That guy is obviously not regular in this forum

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dental scaling and polishing included. Routine enough? Preventive enough? Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough, included. Routine enough? Preventive enough?

Obvious you are not putting on your thinking cap to understand what is preventive and what is reactive. Let me give an analogy which differs far from your lame idea.

One of the biggest problems with health care is the approach we take. We focus almost entirely on treating diseases and health problems. Almost no effort is given to preventing them. This is a huge mistake because the cost of treatment is massively larger than the cost of prevention. Numerous programs have shown that spending just an hour on preventive care with patients would save tens of millions of dollars a year in medical cost.

So, why don't we see more preventive care? It simply doesn't pay as well as reactive care. If I see a patient four times a year and put them on a strict nutrition and exercise plan, I might make $400 or so for the visits. If I see a patient only when they come in with a complaint, I will make far more than that in a single visit after I conduct an exam, order a host of tests and so on.

So what does it tells us? Treating a healthy individual before the onset of ill health overcomes them or spend more on ensuring they do not develop health problems as long as possible. Now in dental care, ensuring the older folks need not lose their teeth or have serious dental problems, would it not be better to treat these people earlier rather than wait until their teeth are all rotten and then offer subsidized dental treatment? Why not keep giving citizens free/subsidized dental treatment even after they left school? At present all schools provide this service. Moreover, one cannot use our CPF for dental treatment and as we know a visit to the dentist is not cheap even if it is subsidized.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obvious you are not putting on your thinking cap to understand what is preventive and what is reactive. Let me give an analogy which differs far from your lame idea.

SG have a lot of subsidies for health screens in fact they've been running an ad on TV a while back(not sure if it's still on) urging pple to go for screening for some form of cancer. Breast screening is also encouraged in women

rec_guides.jpg

cost of screening in SG
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/programmes/article.aspx?id=3672

and also

Vaccinations for kids and NS men
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/studenthealth/article.aspx?id=630

Preventive enough for you?

SG is one of the longest living nation in the world and SG government is using less then 2% of GDP on health. So how do we do it? The secret is prevention and education, make sure pple don't get sick to begin with. So before U start pulling bullshit out your ass, I suggest you actually use your brain for a change

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SG have a lot of subsidies for health screens in fact they've been running an ad on TV a while back(not sure if it's still on) urging pple to go for screening for some form of cancer. Breast screening is also encouraged in women

cost of screening in SG
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/programmes/article.aspx?id=3672

and also

Vaccinations for kids and NS men
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/studenthealth/article.aspx?id=630

Preventive enough for you?

SG is one of the longest living nation in the world and SG government is using less then 2% of GDP on health. So how do we do it? The secret is prevention and education, make sure pple don't get sick to begin with. So before U start pulling bullshit out your ass, I suggest you actually use your brain for a change

What shit is this? Cancer screening is preventive? And...........ta da.....vaccinations for kids/NS men? Hello, we are talking about people over 40 years of age.

Why don't you use your brains and discover what is preventive. Cancer screening may be of some help but definitely it is not considered as promoting preventive health. There are many others you could have cited which the government has done but that is for you to use your brains to find out.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're above 40 with reported income of less than S$1,500 p.m., can go to CC and apply for a healthcare card. Common illnesses subsidised up to S$18 per consultation, chronic conditions subsidised up to S$480 p.a. and dental services up to S$256 p.a. My neighborhood auntie told me so. I went to ask my MP Denise Phua, she said sure. I asked her government hospitals and polyclinics only, is it? She said no, many neighborhood private GPs and dentists are included in the scheme for convenience of public. I asked her opposition member can apply or not? She also said sure, she takes care of 60% + 40% = 100%.

Moral of the story, I thought I was very politically savvy knowing eveything or at least more than neighborhood aunties and uncles. They know more.

Private property owners not included, nevermind if they are retirees or people who lost their job and have zero income.

"Per capita household income* is $900 and below or households with no income and live in a residence with Annual Value** of $13,000 and below"
http://www.chas.sg/page_patients.aspx?id=320

Same for long term care, zero govt subsidy as long as own a private property
http://www.aic.sg/silverpages/resources/page.aspx?id=199

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
That day my Malay colleague told me that the threshold income to qualify for free school uniforms and books has been raised to $2k or $2.5k. I didn't even know that you can ask for these from the garment.

Every time some aunties tell my mum about all these subsidies or incentives from the garment, she will come to ask me about it and I always tell her I don't know, which is true. Then there was once she came to ask me about the transport subsidies that the garment is giving to senior citizens and I told her i did heard something about that. So she went with the aunties to get the subsidies but when she came home, she was pissed and said that knn give a few dollars only must ask so many questions, fark it lah...........

So the moral of the story is that the garment should not only improve on the information dissemination, they must also make it easy to claim these incentives or subsidies.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there ever a Ponzi Scheme that doesn't provide some form of sweetener or returns? :confused: