• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Subsudies For Even Private GPs and Dentists

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're above 40 with reported income of less than S$1,500 p.m., can go to CC and apply for a healthcare card. Common illnesses subsidised up to S$18 per consultation, chronic conditions subsidised up to S$480 p.a. and dental services up to S$256 p.a. My neighborhood auntie told me so. I went to ask my MP Denise Phua, she said sure. I asked her government hospitals and polyclinics only, is it? She said no, many neighborhood private GPs and dentists are included in the scheme for convenience of public. I asked her opposition member can apply or not? She also said sure, she takes care of 60% + 40% = 100%.

Moral of the story, I thought I was very politically savvy knowing eveything or at least more than neighborhood aunties and uncles. They know more.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If its real, I applaud it, at least something for the oldies

As you can see, it's real. And if the applicant has a disability, s/he doesn't need to be above 40. It's fun and rewarding to be auntiekiller chatting with aunties. Sometimes they know more things than we do, or at least something that we don't know, because they eat full nothing to do no money to spend go harass MPs at MPS. :biggrin:

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This scheme has been around for many years. In the past, only those with per capita income of $800 pm and aged above 55 yrs are eligible.
After GE2011, the govt increased the per capita income to $900 and $1,500 and reduced the age limit to 40yrs.

For those earning $900 & below, they are subsidized for both common and chronic illnesses whereas those above $900 and below $1,500 are eligible only for chronic illnesses.

In the past, the scheme was not very successful as a lot of GPs were reluctant to joined. A large number of them who had joined withdrew subsequently as the claiming process was a pain in the ass.

It is also a subject of abuse as many retirees who are not poor but merely unemployed and not residing with their children (some of them driving nice cars) were enjoying the benefits, whereas those who are staying with their children do not qualify because of the low per capita income ceiling.

Another problem was that those from the poor family, those who really need it, do not know how to apply or was not even aware of such as scheme.

To make this scheme a success, it has to reduce the paper work and proactively disseminate the information to the intended beneficiaries.
There is a group of people who lives hand to mouth and have no time nor the mood and energy to read papers, watch TV, visit the CC/RC or attended their activities.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To make this scheme a success, it has to reduce the paper work and proactively disseminate the information to the intended beneficiaries.
There is a group of people who lives hand to mouth and have no time nor the mood and energy to read papers, watch TV, visit the CC/RC or attended their activities.

Yes, dissemination of information is inadequate. They should improve on this, not waiting for uncles and aunties to spread around by words of mouths. The application process is easy though. The CC staff would fill in the form for you including giving you a postage-paid envelope and all you have to do is sign it, seal it and drop it into a postbox. I have two GP clinics and two dental clinics in my neighborhood participating. My mom is very pleased, so am I. :smile:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, dissemination of information is inadequate. They should improve on this, not waiting for uncles and aunties to spread around by words of mouths. The application process is easy though. The CC staff would fill in the form for you including giving you a postage-paid envelope and all you have to do is sign it, seal it and drop it into a postbox. I have two GP clinics and two dental clinics in my neighborhood participating. My mom is very pleased, so am I. :smile:

Most one be 'member' of Political Affliated? (PA), and every time a whitie dog comes to your block or area or...do one have to appear & wag the tail also, or else 'membership card cancelled'. What is the catch? for every thing the 'whities' intoduces, there must be a catch somewhere!!

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun you just love it when someone finds something good about the government, someone else will come up with something negative to say about it, no matter how ridiculous it is

This is one department which the government and also PAP does very poorly at. They depend too much on the PA and whatever activity they org not realizing most pple and especially the opposition supporters usually don't care about them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Steal $5, give back $3 to perpetuate the cycle :smile:

Where do you think the financing for your roads, street lamps, parks etc. come from? That's not stealing. Every party in every country in the world does that. If they return tax surpluses for public benefits, then that's alright. By the way, that's just one step. I still think that they're paying themselves too much with public money.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where do you think the financing for your roads, street lamps, parks etc. come from? That's not stealing. Every party in every country in the world does that. If they return tax surpluses for public benefits, then that's alright. By the way, that's just one step. I still think that they're paying themselves too much with public money.

This is more reactive rather than preventive treatment. For example, no dentist local or Singhealth will allow a person the use of the card to clean or perform any dental treatment unless it is for selected dental procedures such as dentures, crowns, root canal treatment. Now if you have a tooth to be pulled out and it cost $100.00 you still have to pay. I say reactive because if one cannot pay then he will forego the treatment until he requires dentures. Nice isn't it?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is more reactive rather than preventive treatment. For example, no dentist local or Singhealth will allow a person the use of the card to clean or perform any dental treatment unless it is for selected dental procedures such as dentures, crowns, root canal treatment. Now if you have a tooth to be pulled out and it cost $100.00 you still have to pay. I say reactive because if one cannot pay then he will forego the treatment until he requires dentures. Nice isn't it?

Dental scaling and polishing included. Routine enough? Preventive enough? Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough, included. Routine enough? Preventive enough?

Last edited:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another idiot who refuse to believe the garment have good intentions

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're above 40 with reported income of less than S$1,500 p.m., can go to CC and apply for a healthcare card. Common illnesses subsidised up to S$18 per consultation, chronic conditions subsidised up to S$480 p.a. and dental services up to S$256 p.a. My neighborhood auntie told me so. I went to ask my MP Denise Phua, she said sure. I asked her government hospitals and polyclinics only, is it? She said no, many neighborhood private GPs and dentists are included in the scheme for convenience of public. I asked her opposition member can apply or not? She also said sure, she takes care of 60% + 40% = 100%.

Moral of the story, I thought I was very politically savvy knowing eveything or at least more than neighborhood aunties and uncles. They know more.

Does this apply only to Sinkie or can FT qualify ? :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another idiot who refuse to believe the garment have good intentions

Those of use, are were born here, gone through the National Slavery, opps! SERVICE!, then Reservist; would be suspicious of anything that the government gives, none have good intentions always there is a catch & snare! So, how do one expect us to believe!..the 60% will buy, hook , line & sinker!:rolleyes:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dental scaling and polishing included. Routine enough? Preventive enough? Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough, included. Routine enough? Preventive enough?

The cost is somewhat inline with those being charge in the polyclinics. The only difference being these are private but i am not sure whether it is slightly more expensive as dental treatments are not easily transparent. If you know any crowning or root canal work that is cheap then I will say the Community Health Assist Scheme is good. When I say cheap I mean less than $200.00 after subsidy.

You think dental scaling and polishing is cheap? How much does it cost to have one perform?