• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Overcoming a rough patch in life

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah... u know how to bullshit here... thats the way, just here to enjoy and pass time.

U said u are doctor in Singapore or in medical field. These are transferrable skills and in demand worldwide.

Cannot be unable to land the same job there, even private sector will hire you ... full of bullshit ahh...

Your PR applicant is approved base on yr brain skills and in as early as 1990 already 5 eye are assessing skilled qualification to steal brain drain from Singapore, Mal and China.... an apple dont fall far feom its tree....

These countries have genuine qualifications real not fake ahneh type. GCT jintulan brain drain of Singapore to 5 eye and call them quitters....

Be honest, say you cheat and lied to us lah...

That's the advice I got when I migrated.

Start from bottom. Get any job. Some money is better than no money.

My first job was as a general laborer on the assembly line in a PVC windows company. I assembled window jambs and sills. I did that job for about a year plus. Then found another job as a land administrator in oil and gas. I started out with a lower salary than the windows factory job but after 3 months got promoted and after a year became project manager for the company's biggest client. By then I had got a spot to train in family medicine and I left for that. Took a 50% pay cut for the 2 year family medicine residency.

But it is worth while financially now.

The path may not always be up up up up. Sometimes you have to consider the potential in the opportunity and be willing to take less for a while despite working harder and longer.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friendly reminder to all new forumers :biggrin:

IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Take all comments with a pinch of salt and maybe some pepper also :laugh:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiolah... well said.... many come here is in their favourite pass time mood enjoy whats little left for democracy and freedom of speech in Singapore....

A friendly reminder to all new forumers :biggrin:

IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Take all comments with a pinch of salt and maybe some pepper also :laugh:

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, I just touched 50 this year and I’m currently in a rough patch in career. I was a Senior executive previously and drawing good income, 4 months ago I lost my job and I find job opportunities for my age are very few. I’ve not given up and will keep fighting to get out of this rut.

has anyone of you hit rock bottom in life and managed to bounced back up successfully. Can you please share some advice?
Until a month ago I was in very similar situation like you. I left my last well paying job in financial IT as I no longer wish to put up with the nonsense from a CECA cao ah neh. I wasn't working for 8 months. Age discrimination is prevalent .Ang mo hirers tend to be fairer. I didn't bother if I know hirer is an indian which in my industry they are everywhere. Won't mince my words - Malaysian senior management also CB. We are 3rd class citizen in our own country (pap needs to be kicked out) . I bounced back (snr mgmt in SME but at 2001 salary level) , i suspect only because the folks here are similar age Singaporeans and the CEO is extending a helping hand.

I can only say keep fighting and believing in yourself. Family support helps (I spent good amount of time la kopi with my kiddos and spouse haha) . Catch up with friends to chit chat also takes away some tension.

As for job search, it is probably not applicable for your type of role, but for mine I am always looking for new things to learn, so that I can do well in interviews. Try to ace the rare interviews that you could get by getting tips from the internet. I can send you some links later.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
LANG JEOW!

THE WORLD WILL BE A TOTALLY NEW WORLD AFTER C19 IS DONE WITH

IF C19 CAN EVER BE DONE WITH.

C19 WILL SIT AS A FUCKING RESERVOIR IN INDIA AND SOUTH AMERICA AND AFRICA, POOR COUNTRIES WITH LITTLE HEALTH FACILITIES, MUTATING AND MUTATING

AND THEN EVERY NOW AND THEN CUMMING OUT TO SAY "HELLO WORLD" TO THE FUCKING WORLD AGAIN AND AGAIN

H3N2 WITH US FOR 50 YEARS NOW

AND THEY NO CLOSER TO GETTING A VACCINE FOR H3N2

1585497003500.png

lee hsien loong | edmw animated gif

Emoji Laugh GIF - Emoji Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until a month ago I was in very similar situation like you. I left my last well paying job in financial IT as I no longer wish to put up with the nonsense from a CECA cao ah neh. I wasn't working for 8 months. Age discrimination is prevalent .Ang mo hirers tend to be fairer. I didn't bother if I know hirer is an indian which in my industry they are everywhere. Won't mince my words - Malaysian senior management also CB. We are 3rd class citizen in our own country (pap needs to be kicked out) . I bounced back (snr mgmt in SME but at 2001 salary level) , i suspect only because the folks here are similar age Singaporeans and the CEO is extending a helping hand.

I can only say keep fighting and believing in yourself. Family support helps (I spent good amount of time la kopi with my kiddos and spouse haha) . Catch up with friends to chit chat also takes away some tension.

As for job search, it is probably not applicable for your type of role, but for mine I am always looking for new things to learn, so that I can do well in interviews. Try to ace the rare interviews that you could get by getting tips from the internet. I can send you some links later.

thanks for your sharing

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who’s that in the pic?
someone jw5 suspects is one of the forummers who left but came back with another nick. I'd like to find out myself. jw5 thinks he's is scroobal.

apparently upset a few people here, but for people like me gave invaluable advice.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
not a good idea with dependents and unknown net worth and housing situation. If housing paid-up and money set aside for long term expenditures, then safe to engage the rest in trading.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hang in there bro.

But just understand these things are not yr fault. If I feel that I must end it, I will take along the ones I think is causing it all.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah... u know how to bullshit here... thats the way, just here to enjoy and pass time.

U said u are doctor in Singapore or in medical field. These are transferrable skills and in demand worldwide.

Cannot be unable to land the same job there, even private sector will hire you ... full of bullshit ahh...

Your PR applicant is approved base on yr brain skills and in as early as 1990 already 5 eye are assessing skilled qualification to steal brain drain from Singapore, Mal and China.... an apple dont fall far feom its tree....

These countries have genuine qualifications real not fake ahneh type. GCT jintulan brain drain of Singapore to 5 eye and call them quitters....

Be honest, say you cheat and lied to us lah...
ah tiu. system in canada is not the same as most of the world. socialized healthcare. technically, private healthcare in Canada is illegal -- there is NO private sector. So therefore the situation is that of a monopoly and the garmen is the biggest pai kia.

They can anyhow make up the rules and hire whoever they want to. Even doctors qualified in US not allowed to practice in Canada. Canada accepts only qualifications from a few other parts of the world, notably UK and australia. So no choice, he had to go and literally take a leap of faith.

Actually, I have to give him a round of applause. A very brave thing he did there. It could have gone so wrong if he was someone else and consequently made different choices.

you heard it from me. I applaud you @nayr69sg .

and those five eyes don't care whether you live or die when you migrate. No matter how, they're looking for warm bodies they can tax at every step is good enough already. garmens are vampires everywhere. only whether they take care of the sheep they bleed in return.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thanks for all your time spent on posts like this. :thumbsup:

You still think is all fake ar?

Seriously I am not scroobal lah. Just because I took sides last time in some argument you had with him doesnt mean I am him.

Anyway I regret taking sides lah. Scroobal has run away already. I am seriously disappointed the fella cant clear things up. And why must run away?

So fuck scroobal. I am not him.