• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition parties cutting into the hard work of others

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as the opposition can sort it out among themselves, and avoid 3 cornered fights, the likelihood of opposition losing deposits remains slim. Independent candidates look more likely to lose their money though.

With GRC and high election deposit, there wasn't a single independent candidate in GE 2006. Think it's going to be the same next round.

Is it good that high election deposit seems to have deterred frivolous independent from creating 3- or multi-cornered fight? Perhaps. But I think that now it's not only high enough to deter frivolous opportunists, but also too high that it stifles serious parties from fielding more serious candidates. Serious parties and candidates aren't expected to lose their deposits, yes. But the huge sums tied down means less funds available for campaigning. I think that a deposit peg of half-month MP allowance is sufficient, e.g. if allowance = S$12,000, then deposit = S$6,000.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do hope that the rumour is false. If its true, I will move whatever resources i have against that certain opposition party and their new trouble making bitch head.

Oh I should hope it's true, so everyone can see for themselves what kind of a person that ACS old boy (he really disgraced his school, even worse than Adrian Lim) really is, together with his sister.