• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

one-time highflux is now lowflux - may go belowflux

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once a stock is suspended voluntarily, u know they are just buying some time. Nothing good ever comes out from a company doing that. Mark my words.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I trusted the PAP and invested in Hyflux ...90 percent wiped out. Thank you, PAP.

Why does sinkee company always falter. No world class company. Even SIA is crumbling. What does this tell us about the sinkapore culture or mindset?

Olam was in similar situation, crashed by the interests of their debts.
So having CITIC or GIC taking over Hyflux will reverse the situation overnight.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Olam was in similar situation, crashed by the interests of their debts.
So having CITIC or GIC taking over Hyflux will reverse the situation overnight.

They will take over Hyflux and make existing shares worthless. Is there a rally of shareholders to throw things at the PAP?

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their COO has just resigned today for "personal reasons".

I like the way Olivia tries to spin what is essentially a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization into some sort of strategic vision and business acumen that she has proactively executed to bring Hyflux to greater heights. She spent the first half of the public statement self-praising with irrelevant nonsense like how much "growth" they generated in the past. If the CEO cannot even be straight with creditors and shareholders on the obvious truth that everyone can see, how does she expect anyone to have confidence in her leadership?

Looking at the troubles that Hyflux has gotten into under her stewardship and this sort of face saving denial response in the face of a corporate disaster, I wonder if creditors and shareholders are better off appointing new management while the reorganization is taking place.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their COO has just resigned today for "personal reasons".

I like the way Olivia tries to spin what is essentially a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization into some sort of strategic vision and business acumen that she has proactively executed to bring Hyflux to greater heights. She spent the first half of the public statement self-praising with irrelevant nonsense like how much "growth" they generated in the past. If the CEO cannot even be straight with creditors and shareholders on the obvious truth that everyone can see, how does she expect anyone to have confidence in her leadership?

Looking at the troubles that Hyflux has gotten into under her stewardship and this sort of face saving denial response in the face of a corporate disaster, I wonder if creditors and shareholders are better off appointing new management while the reorganization is taking place.

This COO is useless, company crashed since his tenor a few years ago. I knew him since my manufacturing days when i rubbed shoulders with boss sam, that manufacturer also downsized during his leadership. Good riddance.

As for Olivia, she got too much emotions attached to Hyflux. Tuaspring was her most important baby, but led to her downfall. She couldn't bear to let go earlier. She also can't bear to let go of Tuas WTE (a better project with Mitsubishi).

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
time to do international google search for desperate quack to volunteer to parachoot pattern, we need rail general with discipline to deal with deep shitted issues.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I lost a lot. But got appx 30000 + CPF nominees die with me,
I must resign to fate.

Hyflux is quite unlike other companies. It is dealing with a strategic resource for Singapore. I don't think Hyflux will become bankrupt. There will be a white knight for the company. Can't say the same for the shareholders though.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
This COO is useless, company crashed since his tenor a few years ago. I knew him since my manufacturing days when i rubbed shoulders with boss sam, that manufacturer also downsized during his leadership. Good riddance.

As for Olivia, she got too much emotions attached to Hyflux. Tuaspring was her most important baby, but led to her downfall. She couldn't bear to let go earlier. She also can't bear to let go of Tuas WTE (a better project with Mitsubishi).
He was told to leave. How to let go WTE when it is still in progress?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
No money still giving out dividends..something wrong w e mgmt. Trying to make last $ and run road. :p:rolleyes:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
There have been a string of high profile failures by local CEOs... What's wrong with our top dogs these days? Just wondering.

SMRT, hyflux, nol, sph, kepple all in recent times. Creative crashed and burned long ago. Razer not doing too well since IPO. Breadtalk also consolidating.

Is it the economy doing so badly or our CEOs lagging?

Besides the banks, no one else seems to be thriving.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
the problem can be linked to the Sgp Inc. Brand. Investors are avoiding this Brand. correct me if i wrong :(

There have been a string of high profile failures by local CEOs... What's wrong with our top dogs these days? Just wondering.

SMRT, hyflux, nol, sph, kepple all in recent times. Creative crashed and burned long ago. Razer not doing too well since IPO. Breadtalk also consolidating.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
same reasons why Ron Sim delisted Osim in Sgp and listed in HK recently.

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Synonymous with the company, its founder and group chief executive Olivia Lum, who is also executive chairman, has over the years built a steady record and propelled the firm to global prominence, with operations and projects spanning the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa and the Americas.

Despite her stellar record, observers have raised questions over whether corporate governance and risk management practices had been adequate.

Assoc Prof Loh, who is director of the NUS Business School's Centre for Governance, Institutions and Organisations, pointed out that Hyflux's risk management committee met only once in the 2017 financial year.

Then there is also the issue of whether Hyflux's board of directors had asked the right questions and challenged corporate decisions in the face of a dominant figure like Ms Lum, who has "strong ideas and a strong mind", said Assoc Prof Mak.

He noted that in companies helmed by founders, there was the chance that the founders would either fail to listen to the views of their directors or do not have the "right kind of directors" serving on their boards, because they want to push their ideas through.

Hyflux's eight-member board includes two former employees. Non-executive independent director Christopher Murugasu was Hyflux's senior vice-president for corporate services and Mr Gary Kee, a non-executive non-independent director, was its executive director overseeing areas such as corporate finance and information technology.

More at https://www.prolificcrap.com/forum/current-affairs/hyflux-s-fall-from-grace-what-went-wrong

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGX is going down the drain and Razer knew it. Plus can get backing by Uncle Lee Ka Shing in HK why not?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
even malaysian bourses are outperforming sgx. truths be known sgx remisiers and dealers are mainly trading overseas exchanges

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never ever buy Singapore stocks. Most are shit.

I rather buy US stocks. At least real market w real demand. Not some faking lame ass shit exchange like Singapore, can suka suka just suspend! Luckily i never buy Sinkie stocks!