• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One though question for buddhists!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong with cutting and pasting and quoting links. You are doing likewise.

Deh, nothing wrong lah. But when u notice Moron like ILOVEPORK aka ILOVELAMB cut & paste here and tere, hurling abusive remarks but got no balls to exchange views in religion, what does that shows? No balls even to admit his race or religion! Phuii!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe in the wheel of reincarnation. The size levels of the wheel of reincarnation are: hell, all the lost souls, the animals, human, deity and the Buddha. You have to work hard for millions of years. For instance, if you are a pig, then in the next life you become a human, and then in the next life you become something else.

Okay, as a Buddhist, I have to work very hard. I have to do good so that I can earn the points in my report card, hoping that my next life I may be able to become a Buddha. And then as a Buddha, I have to work some more because I want to go to the world of 'nothingness' - Nirvana. If that is the case, who decides what I have done so wrong to fall into this wheel of reincarnation. What have I done wrong? Who decides my first life? What did I do to come into this world? Where do I come from?

Shifu answered, "From the world of nothingness". But if I come from nothing, which is the ideal state, what wrong did I do to fall into this wheel of reincarnation? Shifu couldn't answer.
We go through reincarnation thousands of time a day.
When we are angry , we are in hell.
when happy we are in heaven,
ignorant ,we are like the animals,
greedy we are like the hungry ghost.

The fundamental theme of Buddhist teaching is the development of Bodhi(the wisdom the see the true nature of all things). With this development , we do not quarrel over who is right or wrong. We do not quarrel over the beginning or the end of things but our own self-enlightment.

May all beings (seen and unseen) be happy.

So, everything is meaningless. I came from nothingness and I have to work so hard to go back to the world of nothingness?

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe in the wheel of reincarnation. The size levels of the wheel of reincarnation are: hell, all the lost souls, the animals, human, deity and the Buddha.

Swap "Buddha" for Asura and you got it right. Arhats, Bodhisattvas, and Buddhas are not in the wheel of reincarnation.

And then as a Buddha, I have to work some more because I want to go to the world of 'nothingness' - Nirvana.

The state of Buddhahood is already nothingness.

If that is the case, who decides what I have done so wrong to fall into this wheel of reincarnation. What have I done wrong? Who decides my first life? What did I do to come into this world? Where do I come from?

With consciousness comes temptations, with temptations come sins, and with sins come the the great equalizer known as 'Karma'. Works for good deeds as well.

Shifu answered, "From the world of nothingness". But if I come from nothing, which is the ideal state, what wrong did I do to fall into this wheel of reincarnation? Shifu couldn't answer.

To be specific, consciousness came from an innate force in all matter to want to know their origins. Even rocks have gained consciousness and evolved into rock spirits.

So, everything is meaningless. I came from nothingness and I have to work so hard to go back to the world of nothingness?

Yes. Which is why it is not meaningless.

SEE BEH LAN LAN MAN!! :biggrin:

If there were no cosmic equalizer it'll be even more lan lan.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro VIBGYOR
1] In buddhism, it is defined as DERIVATIVE.,not the EMTINESS,as commonly misunderstood..it said , all the things you can see,feel smell, touch, perception of ides, concepts are all derivative ,born from your mind,,
2] In the state of no begining, no end,[ you may call it the state of buddha nature-hood]
your individual ego was form when your super-conciousness was spilt from the state of non-definedness[ buddha-nature-hood]..each ego ,be it an amoeba,an ants, a bacterior ,a human,deities,ghoust,in fact all sentient beings have the DESIRE to experious all the senses and sensations,,so the mind start to create all things they want to experience..and go on and go on........
3] what the buddhist teaching implied was there is a cosmic moral/ethical fibres that just like LAW OF NATURE,,if a sentient beings follow its vein,,they achive great bliss and happiness[ like in the myriads of higher heavens,,].if a sentient beings go against that cosmic moral fabric..he will experience great suffering[ like in the realm of ghoust,animals,hells]...lust like the law of gravity, and many other laws...that exist the the multiple-dimentional universe...for many many big-bands before, now and after.......
4] a lot of sentients being are lost after they got into this endless journy of existence...every aqction they do, incurs some good or bad experience, and that invokes more thouughs, and that translate into further actions...and it goes onand on.endlessly..
5]in BUDDHAHOOD. one achieve the final journey back to the buddha-nature hood...where everythings you can conceived or not able to conceived and imagined as a human,,,originated...it goes beyond your concept of times,space..has and has not..yero/infinities....beyound all relative concepts,..........one can only achieve buddhahood through eons of strict compliance of the cosmic moral/ethic fibres......bcos...one has accumulates many karmis actions through the many past existence.....ever since the primal ego was split up from the ORIGINAL non-defined states.........in simple terms..buddhahood is a state of perfect moral/ethical state....in full synchronisation with the original buddha-nature-hood.......
though but achievable by all sentients being..bcos.all sentient beings have the sed of the buddha-natured hood intace ever since they adopt this EGONESS......
5]so in buddhism..all things are derived illusionary transient happening...impermanence....is the nature of existence...
6] there are myriads of universe in many other dimensions where there are a much better and higher spiritual levels of happiness,bliss....human world is a rather lowly placed existence......BUT,everybeings have a free choice to move up and down..
7]who count the score????
as all existential beings are derived from a budda nature hood, and governed by this cosmic moral fibre..no beings are separated from the SYSTEM..ie everythings are just a manefestation or VIBRATION on these fibres..either one follow the vein or twisted it..then the REACTION will be dispatched apporiately.......without fail..it is called KHARMA...
8] so to pursue happiness and salvation ,,one has a free choice...

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kind of curious. Since most Buddhists were Chinese and pray to Buddha (who is an Indian), how come the former tend to look down on the aneh?

1) You do not need to pray in buddha as stated in the scriptures. in fact, buddhism discourages all idol worshipping. its ALWAYS the chinese like to make something into "god". like confucius, guan yu, even the pig in "journey to the west.

2) chinese is a race that can always see the cons of others but not the cons of himself. you mention chinese look down on indians in singapore, do you know chinese in shanghai look down on americans, french, japs etc etc? it is not just indians, chinese LIKES to look down on peope.

they lagi look down upon own chinese!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they lagi look down upon own chinese!

Not really lah. They only behave so in China. But if mingle with other races, they stay united! Just look at the thread in this forum. Its all written on the wall. Just look at all the abusive language hurled at Non-Chinese and all the stereotype comments. You may say only a few behave that way. But frankly, is it so? One can fool others by claiming such. But you cant fool yourself i.e. if you are a Chinese. Its a Fact.

T-Kee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of religions, just be good and you will find happiness. Words tends to get distorted when past over to another person. Furthermore our religious saying started centuries ago.

Unknownuser

Kind of curious. Since most Buddhists were Chinese and pray to Buddha (who is an Indian), how come the former tend to look down on the aneh?

QUOTE]

I think it is your own perceptions that chinese looks down on indian. Not all chinese looks down on indians. It is like saying all chinese people likes chinese food but in actual fact, not all chinese likes chinese food.

:smile:

Unknownuser

Okay, as a Buddhist, I have to work very hard. I have to do good so that I can earn the points in my report card, hoping that my next life I may be able to become a Buddha. And then as a Buddha, I have to work some more because I want to go to the world of 'nothingness' - Nirvana. If that is the case, who decides what I have done so wrong to fall into this wheel of reincarnation. What have I done wrong? Who decides my first life? What did I do to come into this world? Where do I come from?

A Buddha will not fall into the six realms like normal beings. Buddha means the enlightened one and will attained nirvana when the human-form (as in the physical human body) has withered.

It is you yourself who decides what you have done wrong and you yourself, who decides where you want to go in your next life. And it is of course you yourself who wants to come into the six realms and go through the wheel of reincarnation. Even this human form of yours is created because you decided it. No one decides where you go and where you come from. The decision is made by you. You might not realise in your conscious mind but you can observe it by going into deep meditation.

:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it is your own perceptions that chinese looks down on indian. Not all chinese looks down on indians.

Like in any subject that touches on races or religion, it exists everywhere especially if a particular race is the majority. So in Spore context, 80 over % being Chinese, majority of them does look down on minorities. Especially the Malay Muslims!:rolleyes:

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
have anyone here read about those reasons/excuses given by the chinese monk when he was questions about his credit cards' bills and expenses.
personally,i find that it is not acceptable. afterall,as an religious person,he should have forget about all those things that are connected with the actual world like,monetary,luxurious things,good lifestyles and etc.
but he claims that he is also young and tempted to all good things just like an ordinary human beings,what an lousy excuses. :mad: :mad: :mad:
and looks at his monthly salary excluding expenses - 16K and personally owns a few apartment here and in Hong Kong.
and also accepting ang pao from devotees,i though whatever he received he supposed to put in the funds.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he claims that he is also young and tempted to all good things just like an ordinary human beings,what an lousy excuses. :mad: :mad: :mad:
and looks at his monthly salary excluding expenses - 16K and personally owns a few apartment here and in Hong Kong.
and also accepting ang pao from devotees,i though whatever he received he supposed to put in the funds.

And he also told everyone hes living in a modern world. I suppose he cannot live and eat in temple. Must live in condo, drive merz and eat in restaurant too. Hehehe....:rolleyes: