• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One of the best WW2 tank war movies : "Fury" The Making of

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Another big error in the movie was the 4 Shermans vs 1 Tiger engagement.

1) Any tank commander is trained to take out the lead enemy tank in the column. That is usually the platoon leader's tank and that leaves the platoon confused with no leader. Also, in the movie, the lead tank was Fury, which was an E8 model with the British 17 pounder gun. Its very distinctive with a much longer barrel and the only tank among the 4 capable of killing the Tiger at a decent range. SO, mistake one.

2) The 4 Shermans turning into the Tiger and rushing at it to close the range is the correct tactic. But the Tiger coming out from the treeline to move towards them is a big movie error. Tiger tanks with the 88mm know they have the best gun in the world. They destroyed the last tank in the column from the tree line. They can easily stay put and destroy all the SHermans long before they close the range. The Sherman 75mm gun cannot penetrate the Tiger even at 500 yards, so why bother to help them close the gap?
Good observation and input.

Yes, the Sherman Fury was the later model with the 76mm gun, which can punch through 4" armour of the Tiger at a good range. The 75mm on the earlier models can only do 3" I believe. The Tiger they used in the movie is the only functioning tank today, owned by a British museum. So it is very precious and they made sure it was not damaged during filming. Most of the other Tiger scenes were made with a replica Tiger.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After so many years only did I realize the recruit caught fucking a gal in one of the final episodes was played by Tom Hardy lol.
Yeah when I saw his name in the credits I was guessing which soldier he was. I also only found out he's the one fucking the local girl recently

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal