• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Style Breakfast

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i never had that as a kid........hated the smell
mine was fruit jam and bread.........later progress to peanut butter and jelly.....goobers was the brand.......still around i think.
my dad's generation was you char kway (fried doughsticks) and kopi.....

My fave old style breakfast - yew char kway dipped in kopi-O

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My fave old style breakfast - yew char kway dipped in kopi-O

Yes, exactly what I was thinking of. The breakfast of champions.

Picture+277.jpg

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry lah bros, today's yew car kuey is no match to those from the 60s.

I love it with kopi too, especially it's crispiness and traces of oil.

In those days the chwee kueys were best too. 20 cents can get so many..........

Today all mass produced lah.......some even by Ah Tiong hawkers.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wah, got so many yew char kuay fan in sbf.

me too!

Side track a little YewCharKuay, in Thailand its called Pa-Tong-Gor. Its much shorter and tend to be a little sweet however its always crispy. Thais like to eat it with sweet condensed milk and kaya.

fried6.jpg

Their version of kaya is green and watery as shown below.

5920914435_d3840ff1a4_o.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pii Joe the Thai version looks like an offspring of our local yew char kway and bae hae chi....

Yes a little like that cos its a little sweet but then you may know they also have sa-la-pao which taste a little sweeter than the pah-tong-gor like our bae-hae-chi but it really looks like a pau.

Deep-Fried-Salapao.jpg