• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Defects like crack lines on wall and ceilings are very common on all properties by all developers here and easily solved by sending defect list to your developer

Absolutely no issue to talk about defects, minor ones can easily be solved and i agree that its across all the board. Yet to find one developer worth their salt without a defect form or some sorts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Developer must have paid kopi money to government building quality inspectors so as to get VP. Many developers are getting away with this judging from the feedback in several forums.

I have went in to see a couple, some are fine without much defects, some do have quite a bit. Getting my keys so i will check and post what i find here.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all!

have you guys collected the keys?

i juz made the necessary final payment & have collected the keys yesterday.

went into the hse to take a look.. found alot of "defects".. crack lines on the ceiling & wall.. chip on the railing along the stairs..

does your homes has many issues too?

Did mine earlier in the week.

I have not looked at it closely but may have to do so. On the surface, it looks good except one the sliding doors' latch was a little stubborn and the grass was way overgrown.

Did you speak to a Encik Singh there who is also the security consultant? Quite impressed with their concerns about that.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developer must have paid kopi money to government building quality inspectors so as to get VP. Many developers are getting away with this judging from the feedback in several forums.

That sounds serious. But for Horizon Hills, I understand that they are certified by BCA.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have read owners complaining in Horizon Hills about defects upon VP of their recently completed Terrace houses too. Imho, no matter how famous/good a developer is, at the end of the day the work is carried out by contractors who use those indo cheap labourers, these people wont really care about such stuff. So I think those people who keep singing praises about how so good a developer is bla bla bla ought to have a reality check. Life is not all a bed of roses. Good developer just means unlikely will abandon project, will ensure its completion, higher chance of providing quality materials and less % of defects compared to smaller less well known developers. I can only say those new owners who get their newly VP house and notice alot of defects, tough luck mate, please go take the developer to task. Thats the purpose of the defects liability clause in the SPA, to protect the little consumers like us.

Personally I still like ND overall, just my budget cannot support only heheh :wink:

Maybe it varies with individuals and I do not fault those who demand more from the developers.

When I received the keys to HH, there are things that I cannot say I am happy with. Cheap doors, chipped tiles, faulty sliding doors lock (dunno why I always kenna this) and even a leaking internal pipe. Worst of all, some of these came out after the rectification period.

Despite that, I still kiss the ground and be grateful for it. Because I look at the SGD 300K freehold investment in HH and compare with the SGD 600K 4-room flat that I own in Singapore, I know which developer's head I would want to smash my toilet bowl with.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Checkers, definitely no issue with raising real defect and concerns. Only when folks, upset that we pointed out some issues with their developments are doing a tit for tat.

Hi Polyman, first action is always to resolve with developer. If its minor issue, it is their duty to resolve it. Of course both sides have to act in good faith and reasonable action is required. I have pointed out early issues with my defects early in the beginning of the forum. We definitely should take them to task if they do not act in good faith but again we are speaking of minor.

Minor defects are always expected in some form be it other developments, other countries, even those supposedly conquas ones are not immune to defects.

For major ones, if they do not act, name and shame. Thats why there is a page on agents, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Collected my keys today, my no. is very inauspicious but i never allowed that to stop me. Hence if i buy units, its always at inauspicious numbers or levels. :smile:

Just like a good neighbour of mine, his units are also inauspicious numbers but he has been doing well all this while.

On to the defects, i collected my keys and i have found a total of about 5, so maybe i am just too soft but i know now automatically what is easily fixable and what isn't. All can be easily resolved but i need to go on a wet day to check again as today was a very dry (and hot) day.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats bro! Btw, is changing of number allowed by paying a fee?

Collected my keys today, my no. is very inauspicious but i never allowed that to stop me. Hence if i buy units, its always at inauspicious numbers or levels. :smile:

Just like a good neighbour of mine, his units are also inauspicious numbers but he has been doing well all this while.

On to the defects, i collected my keys and i have found a total of about 5, so maybe i am just too soft but i know now automatically what is easily fixable and what isn't. All can be easily resolved but i need to go on a wet day to check again as today was a very dry (and hot) day.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Congrats bro! Btw, is changing of number allowed by paying a fee?

Thanks man!!! :smile:

Not really but there are other ways. Another way some of the inauspicious numbers are actually auspicious to those born in my year so i don't mind.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Number is nothing to do with feng shui. Don't worry about that.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe it varies with individuals and I do not fault those who demand more from the developers.

When I received the keys to HH, there are things that I cannot say I am happy with. Cheap doors, chipped tiles, faulty sliding doors lock (dunno why I always kenna this) and even a leaking internal pipe. Worst of all, some of these came out after the rectification period.

Despite that, I still kiss the ground and be grateful for it. Because I look at the SGD 300K freehold investment in HH and compare with the SGD 600K 4-room flat that I own in Singapore, I know which developer's head I would want to smash my toilet bowl with.

Hi, you are renting out your HH unit? What is the rental like?

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur post is interesting. Picking a fight by looking at e size of e other party. Thanks for ur advice anyway.

Not encouraging you to pick a fight or slander a party of lesser status. Best still don't slander anyone because it is wrong.

But when you got proof of the a developer corruption deeds, then that is not consider slandering; we all will give you our fullest support even if you are being unjustifiably sued. :smile:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand your point but personally felt that it is not a direct comparison. SGD 300K is due to the superior exchange rate between Sin and My.
If you are earning My instead, then you might have different opinion on it after all.

I would think it is more appropriate to compare JB properties with SG properties by first subtracting away the land cost that developers had bid for it as there is a very huge difference in prices.

The rest such as labour cost and material cost are less volatile. If the developers here are pricing its units much higher because of land prices increases we can understand. If not, it means that they are having a very big profit margin. This is then the risk factor for investment because if the developer can't offload their remaining units at their expected asking prices and there is a change in economic environment, the developers will have a lot of easy room to adjust their asking price down.