• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS scholar Sun Xu disciplined for online remarks

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alternative punishments:

Caning

Prison

Reduce overall grade

Reduce post-graduate salary

Black marking CV

What else?

Torture?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't need an apology. I only need an explanation why he said what he had said.

Why worry and seek apology? If I'm not a pig or dog, I won't worry or be sensitive about anybody calling me pig or dog cause I'm not. Same as I'm a slim athletic fit, I won't worry about anybody calling me a fatty. I'm standing upright and forthright for all to see, I'm not a pig or dog. In fact, I eat them. I'm not a fatty. I don't need to seek apology but I and everybody else with eyes to see and brains to think just laugh it off. The hurt comes when you yourself believe you're one, and hence seek apology to soothe.

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why worry and seek apology? If I'm not a pig or dog, I won't worry or be sensitive about anybody calling me pig or dog. Same as if a slim athletic fit, I won't worry about anybody calling me a fatty. I'm standing upright and forthright for all to see, I'm not a pig or dog. In fact, I eat them. I'm not a fatty. I don't need to seek apology but I and everybody else with eyes to see and brains to think just laugh it off. The hurt comes when you yourself believes you're one, and hence seek apology to soothe.

It is a matter of principle. If you give an inch, they will take a foot. People will "eat" you if they think you are easily bullied.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a matter of principle. If you give an inch, they will take a foot. People will "eat" you if they think you are easily bullied.

I subscribe to no matter of principle in a moral sense. I go law by law. Law is my principle. I won't hesitate to break your limbs if you raise a fist or feet against me. I won't hesitate to kill you if you brandish something scheduled as dangerous weapon. Words, swears and curses are childplays. I'm not childish.

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who thinks Sun Xu was sincere in his apologies ought to have his or her head examined. He's doing so only to save his ass (for getting thrown out of NUS). Inside him, he still has this hatred for S'poreans. All PRCs scholars think the same way. They only putting on a front, the moment they fulfilled their obligations, they can't wait to get away from S'pore as fast as they can. Only LKY is idiotic enough not to know that S'pore is only being used as a stepping stone by these PRCs bastards. It's known all over the world that the PRCs are most insincere and ungrateful of all people. Only LKY is blind to this.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I subscribe to no matter of principle in a moral sense. I go law by law. Law is my principle. I won't hesitate to break your limbs if you raise a fist or feet against me. I won't hesitate to kill you if you brandish something scheduled as dangerous weapon. Words, swears and curses are childplays. I'm not childish.

Singapore Law is mainly for MIW and FT only and against it's citizen.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alternative punishments:

Caning

Prison

Reduce overall grade

Reduce post-graduate salary

Black marking CV

What else?

Torture?

Why need more punishment?

My question is, after this incident, can SG accept him and he accept us.
SG means citizen and not MIW.
My proposal will be:
after graduation, he need to look for a job himself and not MIW related.
If within 6 months + another 3 months grace peroid, he can't find a job and SG can't accept him, he will have to pay back the entire education fee paid by us.
Like that fair bo?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was also talking to my PRC friend. In China, unless there is political motivation, the government does not bother about such comments. But, the public will dig for your name, and if they find out who and where you are, you could be dead - regardless of race, language, religion or nationality.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore Law is mainly for MIW and FT only and against it's citizen.

Singapore law is for all in Singapore. It's that many Singaporeans don't know how to use it. Foreigners have been imprisoned, caned and executed here too.

what are the "scholarship benefits" that will be revoked?

If I understand correctly, he'll need to pay back some S$8,000 benefits plus pay his own last semester fees. But then, he's still under scholarship bond status and guaranteed an exceutive job in Singapore for 6 years after he graduates.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore law is for all in Singapore. It's that many Singaporeans don't know how to use it. Foreigners have been imprisoned, caned and executed here too.

2 highlighted cases.

1. Law for threatening MIW. Is there one with similar sentence for citizen?
2. Punishment for Taiwanese actress 'xxxx Yifeng', after running fouls with SG law, more than once.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
After graduation, he will probably hide in some GIC.
And after many years have passed, you may find him to be a PAP candidiate in the GE.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 highlighted cases.

1. Law for threatening MIW. Is there one with similar sentence for citizen?
2. Punishment for Taiwanese actress 'xxxx Yifeng', after running fouls with SG law, more than once.

1. There's no law specific for threatening for assaulting PAP. But there's heavier law for threatening or assaulting public servants (police on duty etc.) and MPs (opposition inclusive). That's why I dare not raise my voice against LTK, CMS etc. nowadays, thanks to SHT getting punched and burned.

2. Yifeng is a nice jovious lady. I've met her a couple of times casually years ago. But she takes no shit when you show a black face or raise your voice against her. She's martial arts trained in Taiwan and Thailand, very unlike her demure dainty aunty Mary. Her only fault was she's celebrity and couldn't get away scotfree.

Friends, fellow Singaporeans, there're hundreds of threads and thousands of posts complaining what weaklings Sinkies are who couldn't fight on their own. Learn from Yifeng. But also learn, if you're an easily recognized celebrity, just walk away, call police or complain to relevant company or department.

BTW, I have nothing again taxi drivers, all service industries have their fair share of bad service providers. It could happen anywhere.

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
You reckon if a citizen threaten a policemen as against a MIW MP, does he get the same sentence?
As for opp MP, I don't think at the present moment, they will make a fuss of putting a 'burned' remark on them in the internet.

As for Yifeng, a nice lady doesn't mean she can get away with the law lightly.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who thinks Sun Xu was sincere in his apologies ought to have his or her head examined. He's doing so only to save his ass (for getting thrown out of NUS). Inside him, he still has this hatred for S'poreans. All PRCs scholars think the same way. They only putting on a front, the moment they fulfilled their obligations, they can't wait to get away from S'pore as fast as they can. Only LKY is idiotic enough not to know that S'pore is only being used as a stepping stone by these PRCs bastards. It's known all over the world that the PRCs are most insincere and ungrateful of all people. Only LKY is blind to this.
Did you not know LKY is a fool? Singapore was a great country with great talent which prevented Singapore from sliding to a disaster under LKY. But Singapore has to contend with being mediocre. PAP is not the problem in the end. It is the 50% dogs and idiots they choose to hire for the sake of personal dynasty control. Singapore WILL go one without LKY and his dynasty and there will still be a PAP, probably a much better one when it happens post LEE.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you not know LKY is a fool? Singapore was a great country with great talent which prevented Singapore from sliding to a disaster under LKY. But Singapore has to contend with being mediocre. PAP is not the problem in the end. It is the 50% dogs and idiots they choose to hire for the sake of personal dynasty control. Singapore WILL go one without LKY and his dynasty and there will still be a PAP, probably a much better one when it happens post LEE.

That's a valid observation. A good one in fact. In the mid 80s, there were concerns among S'poreans what would become of S'pore without LKY. But since the beginning of the 90s, S'poreans were beginning to feel that it is LKY himself that's causing so much of the problems the citizens were facing. This gained momentum through first decade of the new millenium as the people were detesting LKY's stubborn policies that favor the rich, the GLCs and the foreigners to the detriment of the ordinary folks. So people now can't wait for that Old Fool to go (who sadly is still the one wielding most of the power). As you said things can only become better after LKY, though slowly, but it will be better as nobody can ruin a country as bad as he can.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You reckon if a citizen threaten a policemen as against a MIW MP, does he get the same sentence?
As for opp MP, I don't think at the present moment, they will make a fuss of putting a 'burned' remark on them in the internet.

As for Yifeng, a nice lady doesn't mean she can get away with the law lightly.

How do you know it wasn't the taxi uncle who wasn't nice and provoked her first? Just because the uncles's Singaporean and she's Taiwanese?

She didn't take a taxi looking for a fight. She took a taxi to go to airport to get on a flight.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know it wasn't the taxi uncle who wasn't nice and provoked her first? Just because the uncles's Singaporean and she's Taiwanese?

She didn't take a taxi looking for a fight. She took a taxi to go to airport to get on a flight.

Sounds like you didn't read the full story that was so widely published in the mainstream media. It was already established beyond all doubt in the court of law that she was the aggressor and clearly in the wrong for the violent behavior. The magistrate did not for one second doubted this. That she ought to be punished was also never doubted by the magistrate. It was only the nature of the punishment that he had to ponder about ie whether he should give a jail sentence or a 2nd chance of probation. He chose the latter and many S'poreans were furious about this. Now whether the magistrate did right or not, it's another matter. But it was firmly established that she was totally in the wrong by the courts.