• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTU student uses empty bag ruse to cheat cabby of $23 taxi fare

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s..._student_disappears_without_paying_cabby.html

NTU student uses empty bag ruse to cheat cabby of $23 taxi fare

ntu_student_disappears_without_paying_cabby-thumbnail.jpg

Enraged
62%
Shiok!
11%
LOL!
7%
So sad
9%
Sure or not?
6%
Bochup
5%
A cabby is disheartened after encountering a passenger who disappeared without paying the fare for her trip from Sengkang to NTU. She left her bag in the taxi as a pledge that she would return with money but never did.

When the cabbie felt that something was amiss, he checked her bag and found only rubbish and crushed paper inside.

It was then that he realised he had been duped by an irresponsible passenger.

When STOMPer Al, the cabby's son heard of the incident, he was filled with anger and disbelief.

Al says:

"I would like to relate an incident which happened to my father. He was cheated by a cab-fare con, who is an NTU student.

"On Monday, January 17, at 9:59am (as indicated on fare receipt), my father picked up a passenger from the Compass Point taxi stand in Sengkang. The passenger was a young Chinese girl dressed in white top and skirt and she was carrying a light grey handbag.

"Her destination was NTU.

"This lady passenger told my father to speed up as she was running late for her morning class.

"Upon arrival, (at 10:38am as printed on receipt) at NTU on Nanyang Drive, this lady passenger informed my father that she had insufficient cash for the taxi fare (which came up to $23) and assured my father that she will return with the money in a while.

"She then said that she would leave her handbag in the taxi as an assurance.

"My father waited for a full 15 minutes but this lady passenger did not reappear. At that instant, my father realised that he had obviously been conned by this passenger.

"As such, he decided to check the handbag which the lady passenger left at the backseat, only to find trash and crushed papers stuff inside it.

"Sad to say, my father has been a victim by a cheater and the most appalling thing is that this cheater is student of NTU, a tertiary institution that is well ranked globally.

"This is a very dishonest incident, which makes me feel very disheartened and filled with outrage.

"I am ashamed to be associated with my alma mater".

SQguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bag will have finger prints and ICA can trace. Let's bring these type of cheaters to justice!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bag will have finger prints and ICA can trace. Let's bring these type of cheaters to justice!

We're been through this fingerprint thinggy some weeks ago in another thread. Items like bags and trash are usually rough surfaced without liftable prints. The smooth surfaces of the taxi, windows and doors etc. have hundreds of prints.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
A cabby is disheartened after encountering a passenger who disappeared without paying the fare for her trip from Sengkang to NTU. She left her bag in the taxi as a pledge that she would return with money but never did.

No no no no no. The truth is that the cab driver is krafty aka hotbot. The passenger was so terrified she didn't dare to come back!

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, the son (ex NTU) should be able to take up the matter further with NTU/poodle......no pint just kpkb here.
Such cheats should be located and punished.......irregardless of sex, race, language and religion........

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even if you can lift the fingerprints from the bag, there is no way prosecution can be successful unless there is a camera recording showing that the girl is the one who left the bag there. This is because the girl can always claim that the bag was stolen from her or lost or given away or sold off, any multitude of excuses can be offered.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, the son (ex NTU) should be able to take up the matter further with NTU/poodle......no pint just kpkb here.
Such cheats should be located and punished.......irregardless of sex, race, language and religion........

Even if you managed to locate the girl, how are you going to prosecute the girl without evidence or witnesses? It is not enough to simply tie the bag to the girl, you need to tie the act of leaving the bag and running off to the girl as well. And even if you managed to find the evidence and witnesses to tie the act to the girl, the girl can simply say that she forgot about paying or that something held her up and the taxi was gone by the time she went back to it.

My opinion is that prosecution has zero chance of success. You may manage to get the girl to pay up but you cannot claim an offence has been committed.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
talking about this, i observed some women quite stressful recently, almost got into a quarrel with one, she asked me to drive her from bukit ho swee to holland village. after making turn here and there, she told me that i should take alexandra via commonwealth but i took the route from zion via river valley,she started to make noise! i calmly told her that i normally will take grange rd via holland rd,she still not satisfied!during the journey, her phone rang and she began to sound like an angel..knn,to me, sound like a bitch...:eek:
she probably think i trying to con her of twenty to forty cents!knn...:eek:

No no no no no. The truth is that the cab driver is krafty aka hotbot. The passenger was so terrified she didn't dare to come back!

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
,she started to make noise! i calmly told her that i normally will take grange rd via holland rd,she still not satisfied!during the journey, her phone rang and she began to sound like an angel..knn,to me, sound like a bitch...:eek:
:

hahaha....got pic or not??

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays, the young gals brains need sum fixing.

pocket no money but must have a branded bag to show ppl.
rather use up the money to buy branded bag than save up to eat etc. wtf.:eek:
now see, tptn fee also dun have. haizzzz....