• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP Secretary-General Goh Meng Seng on Talking Point, Sun 2 May 10.10pm

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another meaningless drivel. I'm trying to engage you in a meanignful discussion w.o polemics. The only sign language I have for you is the middle finger pointing up.

I am not quite sure whether you are too daft to even understand your own post, suffer from some sort of instant dementia or just being plain hypocritical. If you want to "engage" me in a "meaningful" discussion, spare me the lame insults and stick to the issues. This again, is what you wrote:

"So what's yr point really? Do you have a political stance or vp instead of these rambling cynical defeatist attacks?

Everyone to you is a loser, a bluffer, a liar or sycophant. Aren't we all trying to build some platform to take on the PAP? What's yr plan?

NS is useless, war is useless, the opp is useless, et al.

Rather than sound as if you are permanently suffering from a case of incurable nihilism and anarchistic psychosis, maybe you'd like to throw yr signature verbose weight in the direction that has some clarity, something intelligible, something intelligent for a refreshing change?"

Get someone to translate it into sign language if you don't understand what you yourself wrote.

For someone who claims to be involved in bde planning, you sure as hell have the puerile mentality of a young kid. You sure you are not just a CO's runner?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Catch National Solidarity Party - NSP Secretary-General Goh Meng Seng on Talking Point, Channel Newsasia this Sunday, 2nd May 2010 at 10.10pm.

Topic is on Constitutional Changes such as cooling off day, NCMP, NMP.

Fellow guest include PAP MP for Hong Kah GRC, Alvin Yeo.

where got time?:rolleyes:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think GMS must speak more coherently on teebee if there is ever a live debate.
coz can see he is stammering his speech..looks like unconvincing.

:( :o :(

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can he not stammer when LKY was standing beside the camera checking the script given to him.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Actually I was not nervous. At the opening, I was interrupted by the host a couple of times, so it created that impression.

Most of the other time, thinking on my feet. The killer question came. Normally they will give the questions and agenda before hand. But this killer question is not in the question list.

Anyway, a lot more to learn about dealing with TV. It is quite a challenge to think on the feet and rebut as well as attack at the same time.

Goh Meng Seng

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
WALAN GOH MENG SENG, HOW COME LIKE DAT? :eek: you always appear so confident and zai in this forum, also participate in one election, and also spoke on numerous occasions at speakers corners....then when appear on tv programme you kalang kabok :eek: KNN if you are not confident pls dont appear on TV next time lah, let Sylvia or KJ appear lah...like dat you make oppo damn lau kwee you know....my father who watch the later half say you talk no head no tail, make no sense, ask me why PAP ppl now so terok, but i just keep quiet, dare not tell him you from the oppo. PLS LAH, NATIONAL TV IS NOT FOR YOU TO PRACTICE ON, IT IS FOR YOU TO SHINE AND CONVINCE AUDIENCE THAT OPPO GOT STANDARD ALSO...IF YOU WANTO TO PRACTISE YOUR PUBLIC SPEAKING, DO SO IN FRONT OF VIDEO IN YOUR OWN ROOM LAH, NOT ON NATIONAL TV LAH...KNN LIKE DAT HOW TO DEBATE WITH MABROKY TAN? HOW TO GO PARLIAMENT AND DEBATE WITH PAP MP? :mad::oIo::oIo::oIo:

....KNN in front of my colleague i also talk good things abt you, and kept asking them to watch the programe today....knn tomolo sure kena suan by them....:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GMS was completely coherent and consistent in his point and stand. It's his English proununciation that's weak. Struggling with multisyllablic words like pluralistic which came out as plurostic. Anyway, he made a very good point and stood firm by it. The idea of more opposition voices inside Parliament has to be reducing PAP members in terms of voting rights. Otherwise, it's still PAP stranglehold on Constitution to change it as they like it.

Alvin Yeo was the one who lost the plot. He started by opposing NCMP, then admitted to voting along partyline to support NCMP, then ended up opposing the opposing of NCMP. However good his English is, he made no point and looked lost as a sheep in a maze. Gillian Koh was the real PAP representative there. Solidly behind PAP all the way.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS was completely coherent and consistent in his point and stand. It's his English proununciation that's weak. Struggling with multisyllablic words like pluralistic which came out as plurostic. Anyway, he made a very good point and stood firm by it. The idea of more opposition voices inside Parliament has to be reducing PAP members in terms of voting rights. Otherwise, it's still PAP stranglehold on Constitution to change it as they like it.

Alvin Yeo was the one who lost the plot. He started by opposing NCMP, then admitted to voting along partyline to support NCMP, then ended up opposing the opposing of NCMP. However good his English is, he made no point and looked lost as a sheep in a maze. Gillian Goh was the real PAP representative there. Solidly behind PAP all the way.

Gillian is irrelevant. Comparing GMS and Alvin Yeo, I'd say it's a draw. But not bad for the Singapore opposition whose best players are known to be "worse" than PAP's worst players, in the eyes of Singapore people.

GMS obviously knows his performance could have been better. You're misleading him by over extolling. I would tell him the truth but cheer him on.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gillian is irrelevant. Comparing GMS and Alvin Yeo, I'd say it's a draw. But not bad for the Singapore opposition whose best players are known to be "worse" than PAP's worst players, in the eyes of Singapore people.

GMS obviously knows his performance could have been better. You're misleading him by over extolling. I would tell him the truth but cheer him on.

I don't extoll anybody. I say it as I see it. He did hold his stand consistently. His English pronunciation is still no match for Alvin, Gillian and Debra. If this was conducted in Chinese, they're all mincemeat noodle.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alvin Yeo was the one who lost the plot. He started by opposing NCMP, then admitted to voting along partyline to support NCMP, then ended up opposing the opposing of NCMP. However good his English is, he made no point and looked lost as a sheep in a maze. Gillian Koh was the real PAP representative there. Solidly behind PAP all the way.

But as a viewer myself, i think otherwise.
As far for the points taken, i'm sure GMS make sense out of it.

The only problem is the stammering part..comparing with the other 2 speakers. Seriously...if a speaker keep stammering..it kinda turn off.

Look at the UK live debate...and you can see the difference.
itz a total package.

You wanna win people over, first of all, you must get them interested.
or else...no one will listen to you no matter how solid your points are.

We're here to give him feedbacks...so he can improve in the rally speech
or tv debate in future.

:o :p :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the UK live debate...and you can see the difference.

In Britain, they speak English from age 1, and everyday till they die. A homeless beggar in Britain can speak better English than Lee Kuan Yew.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The Video should be uplinked at the following website:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tp/index.htm

I think in a couple of days' time.

Well, a good feedback is that I sound like a caveman, really whacking with a big club. :smile:

... and stunned the modern opponent there and then...

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't extoll anybody. I say it as I see it. He did hold his stand consistently. His English pronunciation is still no match for Alvin, Gillian and Debra. If this was conducted in Chinese, they're all mincemeat noodle.

If it was Chinese, they wouldn't get Alvin, Gillian and Debra. Maybe Chan Soo Sen and Quan Yifeng. GMS will narrow the gap, but not make mincemeat out of them. So yes, you are extolling. GMS identified the TV environment as the hurdle. Even he, being the main person, is not as overconfident as you.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was Chinese, they wouldn't get Alvin, Gillian and Debra. Maybe Chan Soo Sen and Quan Yifeng. GMS will narrow the gap, but not make mincemeat out of them. So yes, you are extolling. GMS identified the TV environment as the hurdle. Even he, being the main person, is not as overconfident as you.

You're wrong. They will get Lim Swee Say, not out-of-favour Chan Soo Sen. Anyway, both are Catholic High boys.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This I agree. They're not that stupid or generous. In fact, they'd be very cautious not to give GMS any Ch8 or ChU Chinese TV exposure whatever Chinese experts and exponents they have. By the way Quan Yifeng knows nuts about Singapore politics and could be demolished by any O Level Chinese on political topics. Talk about foods and tours, maybe.