• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP finds Hougang candidate! (tongue in cheek)

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
0167a15a_1.jpg

Desmond Choo defects from PAP to NSP, wears NSP uniform.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tongue in cheek or not. This thread is started to mock NSP and nothing else.

Do you already lost confidence in WP to be able to fight the BE squarely by stooping so low?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tongue in cheek or not. This thread is started to mock NSP and nothing else.

Do you already lost confidence in WP to be able to fight the BE squarely by stooping so low?

Why Dr Ong? Attack WP can, attack NSP cannot issit?

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS loves himself too much, assume is making an ass out of u and me. I know you are

It does not matter who you assume me for. As long as you guys keeps throwing stone unnecessary at your opponent, you reveal your weekness and I will come and screw you.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Dr Ong? Attack WP can, attack NSP cannot issit?

It's not him. But whatever the case, we know most don't bother to indicate a joke in the title thread and it misleads. Showing extra courtesy one throws extra flak can only be a troll and if anyone wants to be treated as a troll, he will be treated like one.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not hurt me one bit. Go ahead, why don't post more.

Agree with this. The signs are pointing to the main opposition parties growing and there are limited slices of pie available. I don't expect any opposition gains in GE2016 - at most Joo Chiat SMC if that is still around. GE2016 will likely be the stage where Worker's Party will try to exert its dominance over all the other opposition parties while the other opposition parties will be fighting to remain relevant.

What happened at Punggol East SMC is exactly what WP wants to happen at GE2016 - completely obliterating the other opposition party. The purpose of course is to become the dominant opposition party in GE2021 where a vote for a party other than PAP or WP would be a wasted vote. The PE2011 result couldn't have helped WP more to achieve this as it has taught the population the consequences of voting for a candidate outside of the 2 leading ones.

There are a few ways the other opposition parties can try to avoid becoming irrelevant.
1) Go into a 3CF with the WP and PAP and do better than the WP
2) Win (or a very very close loss) in a constituency that the WP will not compete in
3) Blog a lot about how "arrogant", "evil" and "pro-PAP" the WP is for forcing 3CFs

I don't see how #3 is going to work though...

Trying very hard to be neutral. But beneath, the arrogance is telling, your message is clear. In Singapore poltical space, there is no room for other parties except WP and PAP.

What is new, I am not surprise with the aggression of the WP crowd here.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong with WP being arrogant and aggressive. Sometimes you just have to do that to move ahead. Why should they hold themselves back for the sake of keeping the weaker parties relevant?

There is always room for more political parties. In the UK, for example, there is a semi-relevant 3rd Party - the Liberal Democrats. They become really relevant two years ago when the results forced the Conservatives to form a coalition government with them.

The way I see it now, the remaining opposition parties are looking to become this Liberal Democrats, and it is a race against time. The huge blow was dealt when NSP or SDP couldn't even get an NCMP into parliament, and for sure Lina Chiam is not going to lead the "Relevant 3rd Party". Then who will? Goh Meng Seng? Tan Jee Say? Nicole Seah? Hazel Poa? Steve Chia? Chee Soon Juan? Can you now see the problem of getting this "Relevant 3rd Party" going?

The next two GEs will decide whether this "Relevant 3rd Party" will be successful. If they can win a few seats while WP fails to win additional seats behind Hougang-Aljunied, then it might just happen. If WP continues wins more seats while the others don't make any progress, then pretty much we are looking at the foundations of a two-party system.

Seriously, I can't believe there are dumbfucks around that think that the best opposition strategy is to have several small opposition parties each competing against the dominant party for different slices of the pie, then form a coalition government amongst themselves after ousting the dominant party from power. You have to be seriously idiot to think that will ever work out.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I can't believe there are dumbfucks around that think that the best opposition strategy is to have several small opposition parties each competing against the dominant party for different slices of the pie, then form a coalition government amongst themselves after ousting the dominant party from power. You have to be seriously idiot to think that will ever work out.

When or where did I give you that indication that I am for a coalition government?

I have no problem WP being arrogant having won seats besides the ruling party in the last election, but don't forget the margins gain by other opposition despite having none elected. But to behave and act too aggresively when WP margin of victory in Aljunied is still slim and go into 3CF in the next election will be sucidal. Imo, 2016 is a time for consolidation, improve WP margins and capture more seats from the PAP, then start to act like a big brother.

Before you make sweeping statement and question that nobody else can lead another party, let's not forget about the politcal landscape of the people. So, where does WP stand in the social divide? Would WP bend towards the left or will they stick to the far right where PAP stands?

As it is now, I can't see how WP is going to cater to the aspiration of the disgrunted lots on the left and many of these are young and idealistic voters. As many have perceived WP is no different to PAP.

Z

Zombie

The huge blow was dealt when NSP or SDP couldn't even get an NCMP into parliament

2 years back, many people already told gms that his "new flats at costs/costplus" focus will not be well received by the voters, because people do not want to see the possibility of a collapse in their property prices... he and his supporters were just too full of themselves... thus more or less expected that NSP couldn't get any seat.. it was no surprise.. anyway SDP also called for flats at costs..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not arrogance on WP part, they just go along their political business and do as they deem fit. So should every other party, but that's not the case. It's sour jealousy for some who want to climb up high and fast but see no possibility of achieving so with the giant PAP or the mini-giant WP. So, they join smaller parties or start their own parties. To make themselves the premier frontline adversaries of PAP, they have to put down WP first. And of course, there's the question of infiltration.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When or where did I give you that indication that I am for a coalition government?

I have no problem WP being arrogant having won seats besides the ruling party in the last election, but don't forget the margins gain by other opposition despite having none elected. But to behave and act too aggresively when WP margin of victory in Aljunied is still slim and go into 3CF in the next election will be sucidal. Imo, 2016 is a time for consolidation, improve WP margins and capture more seats from the PAP, then start to act like a big brother.

Consolidation is definitely a given. Their priority would be to hold on to Aljunied and Hougang, and to try to breakthrough in East Coast and Joo Chiat. However, there is no way WP will simply sit on the 23 seats that they competed in GE2011. They have gone from 7 (2 after disqualification) in GE2001 to 20 in GE2006. Their longterm plan is surely to eventually be able to compete in all seats maybe in 2031.

They will need to carefully consider how far and where they are going to try to expand into and this will depend on the resources they will have available and the political landscape in 2016. With SDA becoming irrelevant, they will surely step into Pasir Ris - Punggol. SPP looks set to implode too, so Bishan - Toa Payoh may be the next target. Potong Pasir is going to be dicey - I suspect WP will step away if SPP insists on trying to win it back but if SPP steps away, WP will definitely be going in.

Geographically, Tampinese, AMK, and Marine Parade are the likely next GRC targets, and that is where WP have to do their calculations and to get the feel of the ground to see if they are worth going into. Whompoa and Mountbatten SMC, if still around, will likely interest the WP too. However, I have a feeling come GE2016 SMCs will start disappearing from the east and appearing in the west...

Before you make sweeping statement and question that nobody else can lead another party, let's not forget about the politcal landscape of the people. So, where does WP stand in the social divide? Would WP bend towards the left or will they stick to the far right where PAP stands?

As it is now, I can't see how WP is going to cater to the aspiration of the disgrunted lots on the left and many of these are young and idealistic voters. As many have perceived WP is no different to PAP.

I though it's pretty obvious what WP has been doing. Against a far-right wing party like the PAP, the best position to be is centrist-right - somewhere just slightly to the left of where the PAP is. Theoretically you should be able to win the votes from the left-wingers without alienating the right-wingers. It will get trickier in a 3CF, presumably the 3rd party will be leftist, so WP will have to move further to the center.

This nearly worked for Tan Cheng Bock. With a smarter voting population it would have worked, and i suspect the voting population will be smarter in 2016.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not arrogance on WP part, they just go along their political business and do as they deem fit. So should every other party, but that's not the case. It's sour jealousy for some who want to climb up high and fast but see no possibility of achieving so with the giant PAP or the mini-giant WP. So, they join smaller parties or start their own parties. To make themselves the premier frontline adversaries of PAP, they have to put down WP first. And of course, there's the question of infiltration.

Always make sense when you talk about polictics... ONLY

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Always make sense when you talk about polictics... ONLY

You want me to talk about eating dogs, beating people up or courting girls? Just kidding. Anyway, the two best political compliments I've received was in 2006.

LTK : You're right.

GMS : You're the best politician.

Ram : I'm not footing the bill. You two decide.

Any idea if this takes place in 1st world countries?

In first world countries (politically, not only economically), there's no necessity for infiltration. Voting against the whip and open disgreement or defection is openly common.