• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Now is 2020 are there saf units with no Malays ?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gedong 3 cookhouses don’t serve halal food. But ATC canteen has a malay food stall. Most reservists prefer the malay stall than the Chinese stall. Attached personnel such as ambulance drivers or Opsfor NCOs who happen to be malay will have to have food packet from their original unit delivered to Gedong while their cheena counterparts will eat at the ATC cookhouse. I find it so stupid as the officer should just give the malay $3 to eat at canteen rather than send rover to collect food from original unit.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gedong 3 cookhouses don’t serve halal food. But ATC canteen has a malay food stall. Most reservists prefer the malay stall than the Chinese stall. Attached personnel such as ambulance drivers or Opsfor NCOs who happen to be malay will have to have food packet from their original unit delivered to Gedong while their cheena counterparts will eat at the ATC cookhouse. I find it so stupid as the officer should just give the malay $3 to eat at canteen rather than send rover to collect food from original unit.

Collecting rations very troublesome, got to count, sign off etc. Better to let the free market deal with the matter. :wink:

By the way, not going to say which camp or cookhouse, but I have seen a cookhouse serving Chinese-style roast pork: 75% is fat and skin, only about 25% is meat. Till today I have no idea where in Sinkieland can you procure that kind of pork. :eek:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ATC cookhouse also served fatty with cartilage attached char chiew when I was reservist. I believe it from SFI central kitchen. Of course the meat was not bbq but braised in the sauce. Not bad taste.
Although I sometimes gave the cookhouse low rating in full view of the mess sergeant but on certain days the food really not bad. My platoon usually give honest rating to the cookhouse which mean below average until many queuing behind us also follow. Our reasoning was cookhouse won’t improve unless we tell them so. Since they give us a chance to rate, then why the hell not. Once the OIC stand beside the machine to intimidate reservists and got into a shouting match with another reservist for pressing below average. Bohochiak so below average lah scolded the reservist in his face.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays should be exempted from NS if they cannot move up the ladder. Why waste time and effort on something you know you cannot gain.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, because I was from a classified unit where there were no Malays.

Malays would never be given the high level of security clearance. No chance in hell.

Certainly, policy changes could have been made over the years. But segregation in the military exists (or had existed).
I thought classified unit folks are... less talkative. Say jump u ask how high. So many opinions this one. :confused:

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who fk care about NS? Most want to be clerk and can stay out and study degree at the same time and wont waste your fucking time! Hell of m&ds want to sgin on mata but most get rejected! Go msia be mata confirm can get in and only chop passport!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt that there are Malay tankees.
In the old days late 1970's, I know of one Muslim tankee, then Major Syed Ibrahim (trained in FMC, before NS), who was then appointed a local LTC aa Defence Attache to SG Embassy in Indonesia.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No malays would want to to put his life at risk defending mostly immigrant chinese population.
That may not be true these days, because the Malays are very good soldiers. There was a Malay platoon with me, during an exercise in 1981.
The Malay platoon started in or about 1976 or 1977, and their platoon commanders were Malay officers serving NS.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
That may not be true these days, because the Malays are very good soldiers. There was a Malay platoon with me, during an exercise in 1981.
The Malay platoon started in or about 1976 or 1977, and their platoon commanders were Malay officers serving NS.
Only way for malays to get job during colonial times was to join the army or police force or sail the british merchant fleet.