• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Now is 2020 are there saf units with no Malays ?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my NS days...all the GD men were m&ds.

The tan jiak regulars like CSM also all m&ds.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am not sure, but it appears that the SAF Armour and Artillery units may not have Malays.
Arty got malays. Armour no malays. Actually, I should clarify. Its no muslims. If u are chinese but a muslim, I think u will not be in armour

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
"APA LAGI MELAYU MAU ???"

abang Maliki say so, he orang melayu.

Senior Minister of State for Defence, Maliki Osman said:

“The preparation of halal foods require strict adherence to the religious stipulations governing the food stalls, preparation and even storage. So for Navy ships, space is always a premium — which needs to be maximised and prioritised — for key operational requirements in terms of combat systems and equipment spares.”

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask me what?
Are there Malays in Armour and Artillery in the SAF?
Someone one asked whether Malays are in all the SAF units.
Thank you.

The other week, someone indicated that Colin Theseira retired as a BG.
I did confirm with his room mate at OCS first batch, that CT was a BG.
I thought that you could have answered my question.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, because I was from a classified unit where there were no Malays.

Malays would never be given the high level of security clearance. No chance in hell.

Certainly, policy changes could have been made over the years. But segregation in the military exists (or had existed).

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, because I was from a classified unit where there were no Malays.

Malays would never be given the high level of security clearance. No chance in hell.

Certainly, policy changes could have been made over the years. But segregation in the military exists (or had existed).

Those were the days.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you see... the Sinkieland pledge is nothing more than a bunch of lies. 'Regardless of race, language or religion', 'based on justice and equality' etc... all lies. But you act serious for a couple of minutes, put your hand on your heart and recite the whole thing in some Nazi-like ritual, suddenly it becomes a ceremony with gravitas. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Are there Malays in Armour and Artillery in the SAF?
Someone one asked whether Malays are in all the SAF units.
Thank you.

The other week, someone indicated that Colin Theseira retired as a BG.
I did confirm with his room mate at OCS first batch, that CT was a BG.
I thought that you could have answered my question.
I don't think Colin was BG for very long. I think they upped him to BG before retiring so he could draw a higher pension.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So you see... the Sinkieland pledge is nothing more than a bunch of lies. 'Regardless of race, language or religion', 'based on justice and equality' etc... all lies. But you act serious for a couple of minutes, put your hand on your heart and recite the whole thing in some Nazi-like ritual, suddenly it becomes a ceremony with gravitas. :biggrin:
Yeah, thank god they are not smart as the Nazis and do the pledge at night with torches in a large stadium.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, thank god they are not smart as the Nazis and do the pledge at night with torches in a large stadium.

To be fair, they match the Nazis when it comes to indoctrinating the kids. Start them young, and they will be yours. :wink:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think Colin was BG for very long. I think they upped him to BG before retiring so he could draw a higher pension.
My buddy from first batch OCS indicated that Colin was Winston Choo's blue eye boy.
There was another Armour Officer, before first batch, Goh Lye Choon ??, retired as a Colonel.
One Eurasian Armour CPT was one of my instructors at SATO

Last edited: