• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nostalgia

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
world famous bugis street
image11.jpg

400px-BugisStreetTrans006.jpg

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We were so much a country of wonderful Singaporeans enjoying our food and living a simple and happy life without all the nonsense of today's sick society syndrome. We were so united as one people and many of our own people were naturally creative...until the modern days took them all away and we became a colourless and talentless fourth world inmates, Bloody sad.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
my ahmah stayed here

Untitled-11.jpg

Yes just look at these poor fishermen and their families making salted fish in these wooden houses so poor so unhygienic thanks to PAP Singaporeans now live in million dollars HDB housing

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our pride
the national theatre - filled with history and life..and memories

rv_national_theatre.jpg

Watch Count Basie Concert there, when I was very young...the youngest two in an audience of adults, for I had front row tickets free. Watched Sam Hui Concert, Marmalade, The Christies, MOR..etc, for we had a friend, who was an usher...who ushered us in FREE. Watched Tea time concerts of unknown local bands, like Black Dog Bones...etc.. Watched many cultural performances...for someone in the house have free tickets, rather go to waste...I go to get cultured...remember one performance by a group from Africa, billed as "The Africa Ballet"...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kachang puteh uncle...just give a little extra one or two also an lah...
1.jpg

I could afford the 20 cents cashew nuts....though I will buy the sugared peanuts, the steamed chickpeas, the muruku if any. Some of the ah neh, have this game, where you pick a stick from him to win a free kachang putih of your choice ( not the cashew nut).

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I could afford the 20 cents cashew nuts....though I will buy the sugared peanuts, the steamed chickpeas, the muruku if any. Some of the ah neh, have this game, where you pick a stick from him to win a free kachang putih of your choice ( not the cashew nut).
love the cashew nuts but too poor to buy
only love the sugared peanuts white in colour
nice memories

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
9199100.jpg

Singapore water front in the 60's.

3378094.jpg

Singapore harbour ~ The white ship is a P & O passenger liner, probably the Iberia or Arcadia

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1100579.jpg

Ang Teng Beh Tow in the 60's.

clifford_pier.jpg

Clifford Pier and the inner road (sheltered by a wall) where smaller ships were anchored.

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Image1_0.jpg

The Padang in the 60's.

363948_0.jpg

Collyer Quay with the Asia Building, then the tallest building in S'pore in the background.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
9199100.jpg

3378094.jpg

Singapore harbour ~ The white ship is a P & O passenger liner, probably the Iberia or Arcadia

Fake information, fake photos.

Singapore at that time was just a fishing village.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Welcome back!
I recall the reclamation of ECP... kaki bukit levelled... truck loads of soil and gravel transported over...