• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No more lifetime job for you

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you vote for pappies, you can only be under their rule and being controlled by expats. That's the harsh truth. To be honest, how many individuals can actually strive out on their own and make it out there?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only morons look for a lifetime job.
However, if you're talking abt job security, then it's a gamble.

The issue is not just salary but to get a job that has a future and pays well with reasonable effort. That's all. Pretty simple formula.

andrewteo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lifetime or no lifetime I don't know... What I do know is that in sinkieland please be prepared to work till you dropped dead

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you derive your figure of 20 times is fine but 200 times is not?

At 20 times difference, employees can earn more. At 200X, employees have to earn less.

"Peter Drucker, the celebrated management theorist, certainly thought the CEO-to-rank-and-file multiple mattered. Starting with a 1977 article and until his death in 2005, Drucker considered 25-to-1 or even 20-to-1 the appropriate limit. Beyond that, he indicated, it’s bad for business. In his view, excessively high multiples undermine teamwork and promote a winner-takes-all, “did-it-because-I-could” culture that’s poison to a company’s long-term health. “I’m not talking about the bitter feelings of the people on the plant floor,” Drucker told a reporter in 2004. “They’re convinced that their bosses are crooks anyway.” He meant the people in middle management who become “incredibly disillusioned” by runaway CEO compensation. On big executive payouts that coincide with layoffs, Drucker was unequivocal. That, he said, was “morally unforgivable.”

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So a cleaner with no qualifications working in a profitable company will get $5000 plus what could amount to tens of thousands of dollars more in extras and therefore end up earning more than school principal or a university professor.

Sounds like a great scheme. I'm sure such a society will be extremely happy. :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to have a middle-class existence. A happy society is where everyone doesn't need to worry about the big expenses in life - education for kids, healthcare, unemployment & retirement.

People will not think much about 200X salary gap between the average pay and that of the CEO when everyone don't have to worry about the essentials.

Guerriero

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently, i met a young lad, 24 years of age, N-level, already owning and handling business. his daily sales is about 11k. this is what i call young and enterprising. his business is legitimate not dodgy kind. made me realise the time i have been wasting over the years.

BUT in real life not everyone can be so successful like this young lad ...

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If society was not stratified, who would clear the tables and wash the toilets?

Mankind took a big step backwards when the concepts such as equality and human rights became a spanner in the works.

Mankind's greatest achievements occurred when the lower caste were expendable.

How about 2.8k for toilet cleaning and clearing tables. No one is asking for 10k/mth kind of ridiculous compensation for such jobs.

Its ok to be unequal. But not to the extent of condemning any individuals of the lower caste to a lifetime of toil. Its a zero sum game. Either u spend more money engaging more police due to rise in crime rates or you spend more on the fundamental social safety nets.

The justification for minimum wage is not without substance.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if society was more equal then no one would mind clearing the tables and washing the toilets no?

it is when the inequality becomes too great that nobody wants to do the cleaning and washing.nobody wants to drive no goddam bus for 1k a month,while a useless good for nothing ex military ceo makes 500k.

really please get this in ur brain,at the end of the day all human beings are the same,from the ceo right down to the bus captain......we all work for our own interest,we all work to make that moolah,we work for our own prosperity and happinessi dont give a shit about what goddam reason u can think of,i want all the money i can get just like any other human being,wtf u think this is charity social work?i aint driving no goddam bus for no starving kids in africa,i drive because im getting paid to and u better damn well make sure I GETS PAID.Its amazing the rich and elite expects everyone to be self sacrificing and bite the bullet for the greater good but when we expect them to return the favour in kind they bitching and crying and whining.what makes u any different than us?the same shelfish,greedy,sinning human garbage just like anyone of them 6 billion walking on this earth.

If society was not stratified, who would clear the tables and wash the toilets?

Mankind took a big step backwards when the concepts such as equality and human rights became a spanner in the works.

Mankind's greatest achievements occurred when the lower caste were expendable.

Last edited:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
its ok ladies and gents. we just sit back and watch the votes flow away from the incumbents as they do nothing to address income inequality in a concerted and meaningful manner. the rise of xenophobia will be a clear symptom of the dissatisfaction with the income gap.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you see foreigners replacing Japanese? Do you see foreign population greater than local population?
If we can be like Japan, sinkees will all be happy.

Join PAP elites, iron rice bowl stll.

Sam talk about cleaner. My cleaner does not need to work, and still earn more, he just going around collecting rent.

At the end of the day, it is which cartel you belong to, and whether you belong to the PAP welfare system for vested interest and connected people.