• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

no access to sbf

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So it is for 24 hours? Will this be repeated again or it has stopped? I think there are several others besides myself having this problem.

I disabled the 5 strikes option so make sure you have a strong password that is not susceptible to dictionary attacks.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If this is the case, may I suggest you disable login times limitation.

I already did that but this opens up the risk of an account with a very simple password being compromised.

There are scripts which can do a series of guesses. It will try the username plus common dictionary entries etc. Many people use their usernames or abcdefg as their passwords. These can be guessed very easily by automated scripts.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thanks for clarifying.
a worthy topic for your first thread.
This has been happening too often, I also had the problem of having my user name and password rejected like the last time.

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. finally, i am able to log in this morning.
3. my several feverish attempts logging-in were rejected by the sbf system.
4. got blocked off after the 15th try.
5. hahaha!
6. just imagine how "desperate" i was yesterday afternoon.
7. i bet tonny shall "zap" me as some low-life specimen without life.
8. it is damn bloody boring here in suzhou.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If it happens too often, I'll disable the "5 strikes" feature. However, this makes accounts vulnerable to Dictionary Attacks.

boss,
thank you for the effort in keeping the band of SBF brothers safe.
just a note, after experiencing a lock out last night, me noticed that the email alert system kicked in despite me trying to log in, albeit unsuccessfully, for 4 times? was there a lag?
only managed to reset the password 45 mins ago :smile::smile::smile:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This happened umpteen times the whole of yesterday until I went to bed about 10 pm. I keep receiving the same messagee after only 1 attempt every time I tried.:(

"Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

hi there

1. bro, you were not alone yesterday.
2. me too!
3. honest, nothing else to do in suzhou except logging-in sbf for some decent laughs & sharing.
4. glad to be back this morning.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
boss,
thank you for the effort in keeping the band of SBF brothers safe.
just a note, after experiencing a lock out last night, me noticed that the email alert system kicked in despite me trying to log in, albeit unsuccessfully, for 4 times? was there a lag?
only managed to reset the password 45 mins ago :smile::smile::smile:

Could be a lag or caching. I really don't know.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disabled the 5 strikes option so make sure you have a strong password that is not susceptible to dictionary attacks.

I already did that but this opens up the risk of an account with a very simple password being compromised.

There are scripts which can do a series of guesses. It will try the username plus common dictionary entries etc. Many people use their usernames or abcdefg as their passwords. These can be guessed very easily by automated scripts.

This is good recovery and good advice. Users should use passwords at least 8 alphanumeric characters long, i.e. mix of letters and numbers.

Last edited:

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. finally, i am able to log in this morning.
3. my several feverish attempts logging-in were rejected by the sbf system.
4. got blocked off after the 15th try.
5. hahaha!
6. just imagine how "desperate" i was yesterday afternoon.
7. i bet tonny shall "zap" me as some low-life specimen without life.
8. it is damn bloody boring here in suzhou.

Consider that as we being banned for a day.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBF is linked with SMRT is it? Everytime one breaks down, it somehow send vibes to the SBF server & it will take a hiatus as well?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SBF is linked with SMRT is it? Everytime one breaks down, it somehow send vibes to the SBF server & it will take a hiatus as well?

hi there

1. red, we live in some world-crass city state.
2. we have world-crass transport systems, right!
3. so we must also have some world-crass disruption & breakdown mah.
4. likewise for sbf!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

The logs don't show any downtime other than the period where there was a hardware change. It shows about 30 members had their accounts locked but everyone else was fine.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the ip address provided by sbf email, using http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ip-address-locator.php the intrusion is from Netherlands.

IP Address: 78.152.38.165
Hostname: 78.152.38.165
IP Country: Netherlands
IP Country Code: NLD
IP Continent: Europe
IP Region:
Guessed City:
IP Latitude: 52.5
IP Longitude: 5.75
Organization: Atrato IP Networks
ISP Provider: Atrato IP Networks

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The logs don't show any downtime other than the period where there was a hardware change. It shows about 30 members had their accounts locked but everyone else was fine.

so,i was one of the 30? I am so 'lucky'? I go buy 4D today.