• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

no access to sbf

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shocking Leongsam photos leaked!

Sedan.png

jw5

Loyal
hi there

1. this is the first thread started by me since joining sbf in 2009.
2. aiyoh! unable to log into sbf makes me irrational leh!
3. plus the damn lousy suzhou air.

thanks for clarifying.
a worthy topic for your first thread.
This has been happening too often, I also had the problem of having my user name and password rejected like the last time.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
thanks for clarifying.
This has been happening too often, I also had the problem of having my user name and password rejected like the last time.

Security is always a compromise between ease of use and degree of protection.

If I disable the "5 strikes and you're out" system, then bots can force hack into accounts which use simple passwords.

If I enable the system, the bot that tries to hack your account by guessing your password will end up disabling it after 5 attempts are made.

The reason why your account is targeted often is because you're a moderator and your account is therefore perceived to be more useful if hacked into.

These bots are scanning forums all the time for weaknesses. The intent is multifold. It could be mischief makers. It could be spam bots wanting to post multiple messages using existing accounts with no restrictions.

There were a number of accounts that were disabled because of the 5 strikes. I have cleared the strikes table using phpMyAdmin.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
this happened to me today....couldnt login because the system had disabled the login...message was that i had used too many wrong passwords in the

attempt to login. This is the second time its happened to me.

Security is always a compromise between ease of use and degree of protection.

If I disable the "5 strikes and you're out" system, then bots can force hack into accounts which use simple passwords.

If I enable the system, the bot that tries to hack your account by guessing your password will end up disabling it after 5 attempts are made.

The reason why your account is targeted often is because you're a moderator and your account is therefore perceived to be more useful if hacked into.

These bots are scanning forums all the time for weaknesses. The intent is multifold. It could be mischief makers. It could be spam bots wanting to post multiple messages using existing accounts with no restrictions.

There were a number of accounts that were disabled because of the 5 strikes. I have cleared the strikes table using phpMyAdmin.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for clarifying.
Wah, jw5 nearly tio rape 5 times, thanks to ah leong :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:::biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
this happened to me today....couldnt login because the system had disabled the login...message was that i had used too many wrong passwords in the

If it happens too often, I'll disable the "5 strikes" feature. However, this makes accounts vulnerable to Dictionary Attacks.

Make sure you use a password generated by a random password generator. Use 8 characters or more. I use 16.

http://www.random.org/passwords/

jw5

Loyal

Thanks for your clarification. Do understand the compromise.
Since we are on this topic, I would like to tell u that being a moderator in the moderated folder, I'm unable to issue infractions in other folders despite having more than 700 points. This appears to negate the point of having points or being a moderator in the moderator folder.
Considering that u told me that it was an enlistment and not an appointment which I could reject politely, I'm also wondering when I can be "operationally ready".

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Since we are on this topic, I would like to tell u that being a moderator in the moderated folder, I'm unable to issue infractions in other folders despite having more than 700 points.

Looks like I have to create another category. :smile:

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

This happened umpteen times the whole of yesterday until I went to bed about 10 pm. I keep receiving the same messagee after only 1 attempt every time I tried.:(

"Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This happened umpteen times the whole of yesterday until I went to bed about 10 pm. I keep receiving the same messagee after only 1 attempt every time I tried.:(

That's because someone with an axe to grind locked your account by logging in multiple times and entered random passwords with the specific purpose of disabling your account.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lastnite moi cnot login too...to de person who wanna login with my nick...u 1 my password izit...ask lah...u ask I sure gib 1...u neber ask how I noe u 1...u 1 u mus ask mah...u neber ask how I noe u 1...cnot b u 1 I dun gib mah...u dun 1 i cnot gib rite...:biggrin::p

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because someone with an axe to grind locked your account by logging in multiple times and entered random passwords with the specific purpose of disabling your account.

So it is for 24 hours? Will this be repeated again or it has stopped? I think there are several others besides myself having this problem.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this is the case, may I suggest you disable login times limitation. As long as the password is incorrect, the hacker can keep hacking in vain but the account wouldn't be inactivated or suspended. Otherwise, with your known monicker, any hacker can just run a few random passwords through to disable your account.

Last edited: