• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NLB lost/ stolen card service is a joke.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
NLB lost/ stolen card reporting service is a joke.

The National Library Board (NLB) central service line is +65 6332 3255
Operates: [Monday to Friday: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, closed at 1.00 pm on eves of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year, closed on public holidays]. https://www.nlb.gov.sg/ContactUs.aspx

Today (20 May), is Vesak Day holiday for those whose rest day was on Vesak day (19 May) and all public libraries are open because they were already closed yesterday for the libarians to enjoy the religious holiday festivities.

But those in the HQ who are supposed to receive call in reports about lost or stolen library cards are still on holiday and there is no way to telephone the library to report a lost/ stolen library card. (The HQ has invalidated choice 2 for report lost/ stolen cards because HQ is on holiday).

So if someone borrows books at ANY branch library today by misusing my library card which they have found/ stolen, because HQ inactivated the lost/stolen card reporting telephone service, then whose fault is it?

Any why can't the HQ release the individual phone number of library branches so that people can still contact the librarians urgently to report lost/ stolen library cards? Why must criminals have a field day and all branch libraries become uncontactable just because the NLB HQ is still on holiday (or on Sunday)?

PS: pls don't ask me to email them because their standard reply is that they will only respond in 5 working days.

This shows that NLB HQ leadership is sleeping, high handed, irresponsible and a waste of government money.

wontonmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when NLB needs library cards to borrow books? I use NRIC card to borrow. Where got library card in this day and age????

Fake news again?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when NLB needs library cards to borrow books? I use NRIC card to borrow. Where got library card in this day and age????

Fake news again?

https://www.nlb.gov.sg/VisitUs/Membership.aspx

Additional 'perks' for registering as a member.

old-library.png

2569495441_0b240c0e70_o.jpg

Old library logo of the 1980s and early 1990s - a stylized lion.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest you quit this habit of going library. There ain’t nothing worth in there except noisy kids n smelly old destitutes. In any case the books that I need ain’t in the library.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest you quit this habit of going library. There ain’t nothing worth in there except noisy kids n smelly old destitutes. In any case the books that I need ain’t in the library.

The good books and the 'forbidden books' can only be found on level 7 of the National Library, in the reference section.

Sometimes, the entire Sinkieland only has one or two copies. 'First world country'. :rolleyes:

And some of the public libraries are infested with noisy brats, the librarian has to keep reminding the parents to keep them quiet.

jw5

Loyal
In my humble opinion, the library system in SG is one of the few things that the PAP has done really well. (except for the stolen or lost card reporting system of course) :biggrin:

mestupgrrl

Actually, you can fill the form online on their website and they will process it immediately as the branch staff handle such cases. https://www.nlb.gov.sg/LossofCard.aspx

Any way, even if someone misuse, they will investigate properly and waive any charges and if you want, can make police report for them to catch the culprit.

You can also login online to your account and put a password protect option so even if someone scan, they can't use cos donno your password.

There's always a way.