• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ng Eng Hen tells Ah Tiong General not happy then fuck off

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ng Eng Hen:
...it's a matter of taste. I can imagine that people from the PLA come here and find this raucous a bit rambunctious. This is the Western liberal mode of many ideas. And from this, you're supposed to gain wisdom and they go back and say it was thoroughly discombobulating. That's entirely understandable

For China it must decide for itself whether the Shangri La Dialogue adds value. There is no coercion for you to attend.

Is it better? To come to an open platform, to subject yourself sometimes to the tyranny of questions and to what might seem a common view from others to explain yourself, or to retreat from that engagement? That is something that China must decide for itself.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ng Eng Hen:
...it's a matter of taste. I can imagine that people from the PLA come here and find this raucous a bit rambunctious. This is the Western liberal mode of many ideas. And from this, you're supposed to gain wisdom and they go back and say it was thoroughly discombobulating. That's entirely understandable

For China it must decide for itself whether the Shangri La Dialogue adds value. There is no coercion for you to attend.

Is it better? To come to an open platform, to subject yourself sometimes to the tyranny of questions and to what might seem a common view from others to explain yourself, or to retreat from that engagement? That is something that China must decide for itself.

Ng Eng Hen was mischievously chiding the PLA Colonel by flooding him with bombastic words which he probably cannot fully grasp especially spontaneously in a fireside chat. In this context, I think he did well to uphold the dignity of Singapore and put the guy in his place.

Having said that, I just want to share a bit of my own experience in such "rambunctious raucous". The western liberal model of having unfettered collision of ideas in an open space in the pursuit of wisdom is one of those BS things the western intellectuals like to use to put down others whom they deem as unfit to engage in a discourse. It's a bit like those super expensive restaurants where they keep emphasizing on dressing, dinning etiquette, wine pairing, knowledge of never heard before exotic vegetables etc. The whole idea is to demonstrate superiority and reject people who are perceived to be of a lower intellectual or social status.

Although I have never attended something as high profile and "strategic" as a Shangri-la dialogue, I have had my fair share of experience in similar settings amongst forums organized for industry leaders in my profession. The drill is pretty standard - leading speakers who are mostly Caucasians or westernized black or yellow skinned people from big MNCs or top notch public institutions take to the podium and start pontificating in an esoteric manner while "smart" audiences fire back with supposedly intellectual questions. Then the whole auditorium of bobbing heads nod in agreement and/or pose like in deep thought. The truth is most of the exchange is honestly senseless banter that answers nothing and provides no solutions for anything. It's really more of a social ritual then intellectual debate.

By this time most of the attendees from smaller companies, local outfits or unknown institutions will either be too awed by the exchange and wrongly conclude their being unable to make any sense of all this talk is due to their own inadequacies while the politically savvy ones will pretend to clap or nod their head in agreement to show others they are part of the elite group. Occasionally someone dense enough will point out the emperor is naked, but this will be brushed off in a patronizing way by the speaker just like Ng Eng Hen did.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

SaintPeachie : Looks like Ng Eng Hen is not going to get his items delivered from Taobao already.​

kangzhengxing :​

China very 800
si mi racoon... si mi rambutan...
si mi kombucha... si mi cohesion...

mooseolly :​

Learn 3 new words today. Good luck to the translator.

batdow :​

the translator will just translate to knnbccb... n start ww3!

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...-buay-song-dun-cum-la-jin-satki-mens.6764396/

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ng Eng Hen:

Motherfucker, you get so triggered posting craps here...
Nothing better to do...

Knowing small bird PAP trying to act tough on giant golden dragon.... Knn...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SaintPeachie : Looks like Ng Eng Hen is not going to get his items delivered from Taobao already.​

kangzhengxing :​

China very 800
si mi racoon... si mi rambutan...
si mi kombucha... si mi cohesion...

mooseolly :​

Learn 3 new words today. Good luck to the translator.

batdow :​

the translator will just translate to knnbccb... n start ww3!

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...-buay-song-dun-cum-la-jin-satki-mens.6764396/

These Tiongs need to be taught humble pie. They are just like that group of thugs who recently beat up a woman in a restaurant. That is the norm, not the exception.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ng Eng Hen was mischievously chiding the PLA Colonel by flooding him with bombastic words which he probably cannot fully grasp especially spontaneously in a fireside chat. In this context, I think he did well to uphold the dignity of Singapore and put the guy in his place.

Having said that, I just want to share a bit of my own experience in such "rambunctious raucous". The western liberal model of having unfettered collision of ideas in an open space in the pursuit of wisdom is one of those BS things the western intellectuals like to use to put down others whom they deem as unfit to engage in a discourse. It's a bit like those super expensive restaurants where they keep emphasizing on dressing, dinning etiquette, wine pairing, knowledge of never heard before exotic vegetables etc. The whole idea is to demonstrate superiority and reject people who are perceived to be of a lower intellectual or social status.

Although I have never attended something as high profile and "strategic" as a Shangri-la dialogue, I have had my fair share of experience in similar settings amongst forums organized for industry leaders in my profession. The drill is pretty standard - leading speakers who are mostly Caucasians or westernized black or yellow skinned people from big MNCs or top notch public institutions take to the podium and start pontificating in an esoteric manner while "smart" audiences fire back with supposedly intellectual questions. Then the whole auditorium of bobbing heads nod in agreement and/or pose like in deep thought. The truth is most of the exchange is honestly senseless banter that answers nothing and provides no solutions for anything. It's really more of a social ritual then intellectual debate.

By this time most of the attendees from smaller companies, local outfits or unknown institutions will either be too awed by the exchange and wrongly conclude their being unable to make any sense of all this talk is due to their own inadequacies while the politically savvy ones will pretend to clap or nod their head in agreement to show others they are part of the elite group. Occasionally someone dense enough will point out the emperor is naked, but this will be brushed off in a patronizing way by the speaker just like Ng Eng Hen did.
What a breathe of fresh air. A very objective and well informed assessment. Can you please conduct some lessons for the brethrens in this forum.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ng Eng Hen:

What a moron. Feeling proud demonstrating his command of English to Chinese people? This is like showing off his driving skills to a cow. I will flag this to the Chinese embassy and Bargain Hen will get an anal swap if he ever steps onto China.