• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
yah man, due to certain circumstances.. i might not be able to show a 3 year business return.. i wonder if 1.5 years is ok.

If you can support it with loads of other financial information, bank statements, shares or bonds, etc. That would be fine too.
CBS report can actually be skipped if you insist that your SG financial reports be kept private. Its only if you want to max out
your loan that you have to submit this report.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Paisei wuqi ke ke, what i meant is a referencing page like "How to..". Just like SOP :rolleyes::biggrin:

Ah got it. To make it even simpler and easier to access. Ok, i will find some time to do this or some kind bros here can do it on my behalf as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Better service once you become "Pre-V-Lege customer".

You will get a more senior executive loan officers whom have more access and can bypass certain restriction.

Bank like you to "show them the money" before they loan you theirs.

The more you have, the more they are willing to loan you, the lesser you have, the harder it gets. Banks love loaning to people who don't need the money.

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying Resale Properties in JB

Be very careful when you are buying tenanted resales unit without viewing from foreign owners, whose rental and sales are being managed by a company. First, these people managing the properties for the owners don't really bother to maintain the properties. They are only interested in the marketting and not the maintenance. They don't even bother to get the developer to fix up the wall cracks and other minor defects like tiles with chipped edges during the waranty period.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah got it. To make it even simpler and easier to access. Ok, i will find some time to do this or some kind bros here can do it on my behalf as well.

Otherwise, we'll be singing, "here we go again... same old.... again... lol.gif

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Otherwise, we'll be singing, "here we go again... same old.... again... :biggrin:

i will get that done but would you believe that folks will still create threads or ask the same questions even if we have a sticky?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will get that done but would you believe that folks will still create threads or ask the same questions even if we have a sticky?

The only easy way what i can think of, is "link" them to the right threads, rather retype similar items again.
Knowing it'll be a hardwork, just a suggestion only. bro u measure la...

Correction:
The only easy way what i can think of, is "link" them to the right page (a single page only), rather retype similar items again.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The only easy way what i can think of, is "link" them to the right threads, rather retype similar items again.
Knowing it'll be a hardwork, just a suggestion only. bro u measure la...

There is a common page for useful numbers but we still get requests and PMs for movers, CCTV cameras, etc. Few has the "time" and makes even less effort to do a google or check if there are existing threads before asking. Everyone else is busier than those trying to help them.

Never been adverse to hardwork as i have been replying all this time.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Why not create a Q&A section for the common questions and make it sticky?

Yes i will compile some and make it a sticky this weekend, once its up, appreciate if we can help to direct folks to it . :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Last edited:

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Malaysia water supply - High Cholrine content??

I want to ask a question on Malaysia water supply.

I stay in KL hotel a number of times and i found that their chlorine level is pretty high. So much so as i get turn off by it and even use bottled mineral water for brushing my teeth.

I want to ask if bros here own homes in Malaysia, how is the water supplies in your homes.

What about those street hawkers, restaurant, dessert shops that uses water for their cooking and food preparation. Do they use filtered water.

Is the water in Malaysia contain high amount of chlorine?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Malaysia water supply - High Cholrine content??

I want to ask a question on Malaysia water supply.

I stay in KL hotel a number of times and i found that their chlorine level is pretty high. So much so as i get turn off by it and even use bottled mineral water for brushing my teeth.

I want to ask if bros here own homes in Malaysia, how is the water supplies in your homes.

What about those street hawkers, restaurant, dessert shops that uses water for their cooking and food preparation. Do they use filtered water.

Is the water in Malaysia contain high amount of chlorine?

I use the Osim or the Waterpik brands (bought in SG) for my home and business, family/friends/staff/customers health comes first. Most use it from the tap if i am not wrong, lorry or long range drivers use those vending machines with reverse osmosis system for water filtration.

Just be safe, i have a few smart friends who bought external water filtration systems but refused to believe me when i told them(after all what do i know right?) , it filters water from the outside but all those water and rubbish in the water tank on the 2nd floor (theirs are landed property) will still be there unless one clears it first.

One fine day, while they were installing a water pump near the water tank, then they opened up the tank and saw so much stuff still inside it. Finally they understood what i was saying.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I use the Osim or the Waterpik brands (bought in SG) for my home and business, family/friends/staff/customers health comes first. Most use it from the tap if i am not wrong, lorry or long range drivers use those vending machines with reverse osmosis system for water filtration.

Just be safe, i have a few smart friends who bought external water filtration systems but refused to believe me when i told them(after all what do i know right?) , it filters water from the outside but all those water and rubbish in the water tank on the 2nd floor (theirs are landed property) will still be there unless one clears it first.

One fine day, while they were installing a water pump near the water tank, then they opened up the tank and saw so much stuff still inside it. Finally they understood what i was saying.

so it really has higher chlorine content which is considered unsafe for human consumption. Am i right to say that?

What about those restaurant, street hawkers, eateries? Do they use filtered water, especially those street hawkers? What is your take in this?

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

so it really has higher chlorine content which is considered unsafe for human consumption. Am i right to say that?

What about those restaurant, street hawkers, eateries? Do they use filtered water, especially those street hawkers? What is your take in this?

Likely not. The hawkers are unlikely to care unless its a mandatory requirement for their licence renewal. e.g. those vegetables which the hawkers put in your dishes...do you think they wash them thoroughly? I dont think so....tahts why my Mum always say nothing beats homecooked meals e.g. homecooked veges where u make the effort to wash it...coook it properly etc.

If I am the hawker I will only use filtered water if I can charge a premium for the food I sell or mandated by govt. Otherwise I dont give a damn.

sktours

This is my first post here, hope to get some quick help.

I am looking for a subsale apartment in JB area, got a reasonable offer, but owner wanted 10% payment before state consent approval (I am Singaporean).
I understand there may be risk if the state consent is rejected, and I may lost the 10%.
Is there a way I can protect myself? Is this 10% request before state consent a common practice here?

Appreciate for advices from anyone, thanks.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am looking for a subsale apartment in JB area, got a reasonable offer, but owner wanted 10% payment before state consent approval (I am Singaporean).
I understand there may be risk if the state consent is rejected, and I may lost the 10%.
Is there a way I can protect myself? Is this 10% request before state consent a common practice here?

common sense will tell you that this is not a good practice. A high chance that the owner wants to do a fast one than really wishing you to get the apartment in good hands.

Let's say if the state consent is rejected, will you be able to get back the money even if there are some agreement to be signed for the 10% payment?

The info i get from here is that the state consent will most likely be granted if you have a normal background and is not a high profile terrorist of some sort.

I look at here is the sincerity of the seller, is he to make a fast buck or willing to sell his apartment to you in good hands with respect.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi sktours, welcome!

As a part of resale transactions (at least in my case) please note the following:

- It is a common practice to pay the 10% on signing of S&P, and this happens before the application for State Consent. (2% paid on Option to Purchase + 8% paid on S&P).
- The 10% at this stage stays with the sellers solicitor, and NOT paid to the seller yet.
- A good lawyer will put a clause in S&P that in case the State Consent is not obtained, you will get your money back, without deductions. If the the seller disagrees with this clause, I suggest you look for another dream home. I am sure you will find one.

More important is that you get a good lawyer and make sure that the sellers lawyer is reputed as well. Also make sure that the refund clause is in the OTP as well as the S&P. In fact you may skip the OTP and go straight to S&P with 10% payment, just to make the process faster, if the sellers and lawyers are agreeable.

Also, I agree with Newtown. Most likely you will get the State Consent unless:
- you have some criminal background
- the unit is a Bumi Unit
- or the State Authorities have reasons to believe that you have overpriced the property to get over the minimum RM 500k

Hope this helps and all the best in getting your dream home.

Cheers,
IR

Last edited:

whassupp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

Granada hotel opposite jusco. 4 star hotel.