• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New submariner? Blue?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Boss Boss this SBGE255 very nice

SBGE255G_09022306888440_jpg.png

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow the new ‘Sam’ seems to be a younger man who is into luxury watches eh. Did the original old man disappear?

I believe the new watch should be a submariner with updated movement. A 70+ hours power reserve like the GMT Master II.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aluminium bezel inserts have their charm too. They will fade and look seasoned in time. Chlorine will accelerate the fading, I found that out because I used to swim a lot in the pool with my blue seamaster. I can't stand those glossy ceramic ones. I find them too flashy, hence I fell in love with the matte ceramic on the Pelagos.

Have to disagree with you on the aluminum bezels. They only look good if they fade uniformly...and colors are still somewhat retained.

Prefer the ceramic bezels. Can easily hand them to your kids and they can wear it as good as new.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Have to disagree with you on the aluminum bezels. They only look good if they fade uniformly...and colors are still somewhat retained.

Prefer the ceramic bezels. Can easily hand them to your kids and they can wear it as good as new.
Yes agreed, it has to fade uniformly as most will through time and normal usage. Mine looked something like this years ago, then I replaced it with a new bezel and bezel insert. I don't really like the "ghost" look. But it has started to fade again, and since I don't swim so much in pools anymore, it's only a slight fade.

th

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Love the explorer II but why the hell did they have to make it 42mm if it had been same size as the original explorer it would be on my wrist right now!
Similar with the Sea Dweller.....I dun understand why they need to make it into 43mm. They have the DSSD for those with big wrists.
As with the Yacht Master but at least they had the sense to keep the 40mm versions

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes agreed, it has to fade uniformly as most will through time and normal usage. Mine looked something like this years ago, then I replaced it with a new bezel and bezel insert. I don't really like the "ghost" look. But it has started to fade again, and since I don't swim so much in pools anymore, it's only a slight fade.

th

Taking aside the color fading, the scratches on an aluminum bezel can be quite obvious too. A ceramic bezel is pretty much scratch resistant.

This is a great example of the ceramic bezel really popping..... and really accentuates the sunburst blue dial. This is possibly the best sunburst dial made for a watch.

1598716024324.jpeg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Taking aside the color fading, the scratches on an aluminum bezel can be quite obvious too. A ceramic bezel is pretty much scratch resistant.

This is a great example of the ceramic bezel really popping..... and really accentuates the sunburst blue dial. This is possibly the best sunburst dial made for a watch.

View attachment 89729
That's a nice two tone sub. Yes, the sunburst is gorgeous. I like ceramic bezel inserts, I think it's wonderful that they are using this material. Very hardy and lasts forever, although it is brittle. I just wish more would come out with matte finish, glossy isn't for me.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well the teaser is this:
03f26272506efde47071503f426f0efb.jpg

And if it is blue submariner then it is a NO Date --- note absence of cyclops.....
That would make it the same as the blue Tudor 58...... they just released

BB58NavyBlue_10.jpg

Handsome but I would rather spend the money on this: Zenith DEFY Classic in Ceramic
orologi-novita-estate-zenith.jpg

No contest horologically and in the same price point more or less.....

I myself own a ceramic black chronograph 2019 version ..... no regrets especially with its parlour trick - two regulating organs and escapements, one beating at 5Hz for timekeeping, and the other at an incredible 50Hz to offer a true 1/100th of a second chronograph display - available brand new for the same $$ as a used Submariner.
zen25-anons.jpg.webp

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway no chance of getting it on launch date. I’ve bought quite a few pieces from my usual AD and roughly learnt how it works although he never mentions that explicitly.

Typically the first few batches will go to the very rich Ah Tiongs and Indons. If.... u are a regular, u will likely get the new launch pieces about 6 months or 1 year later.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a nice two tone sub. Yes, the sunburst is gorgeous. I like ceramic bezel inserts, I think it's wonderful that they are using this material. Very hardy and lasts forever, although it is brittle. I just wish more would come out with matte finish, glossy isn't for me.

Guess your preference is for the Tudor on the left

1598746459620.jpeg