• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Hawaii 5-O

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The actor that plays Steve McGarret in the new Hawaii Five-O played a cop on one season of The Shield.
He was brought in to head the Strike Team when Vic Mackie was suspended, but he left when Mackie came back. He was more famous for the "Chair sex scene" than for being a cop.

Thanks for that trivia. Didn't know that nor recognised him.

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also is Grace Park being typecast as the one who plays men roles from the original series? Not that I'm complaining. She was Boomer in Battlestar and now Kono in Five-0

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly, the last of the original cast,
James McArthur passed away on Thursday.
He was 72.
He played the sidekick of detective
Steve McGarrett, Danny Williams.
And the catchphrase: "Book 'em Danno".

hawaii-five-o-tv-23.jpg

James McArthur, Jack Lord

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly, the last of the original cast,
James McArthur passed away on Thursday.
He was 72.
He played the sidekick of detective
Steve McGarrett, Danny Williams.
And the catchphrase: "Book 'em Danno".

He died of natural causes, I missed the series...& never forgot lunch break watching them shoot that scene from SINgapor, at boat quay, between SCB & UOB Building...

Here we have the 'ah peng kia TKO" series, where the catch phrase is "Book 'em Ramseth":biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He died of natural causes, I missed the series...& never forgot lunch break watching them shoot that scene from SINgapor, at boat quay, between SCB & UOB Building...

Here we have the 'ah peng kia TKO" series, where the catch phrase is "Book 'em Ramseth":biggrin:

Only remember the famous scene at the cable car towers.

It was "Bukom Danno" :smile:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that they are gonna have a remake for Kung Fu, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and Man from Atlantis.

angie ll

Alfrescian
Loyal
True but in comparison although maybe apple and orange, Battlestar Galactica went ahead and got new fans anyway by being darker. Hawaii Vice sounds like a good spin off!

what the hell do you know about tv series. stop talking with your other mouth!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard that they are gonna have a remake for Kung Fu, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and Man from Atlantis.

Pretty sad at what's going on with american TV, no wonder people are turning to Korean shows :eek: Got more orinality :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pretty sad at what's going on with american TV, no wonder people are turning to Korean shows :eek: Got more orinality :biggrin:

That was what I was thinking, same with the movies, it is the remake of something...and every movie looking the same these days...:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was what I was thinking, same with the movies, it is the remake of something...and every movie looking the same these days...:p

Other than remakes, they are using comic characters.
Why spend $$ to watch a comic on the big screen :confused:

Fortunately there is still options like the internet or going to sleep early.:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you waiting for the remake of "Deep Throat" ?:biggrin:

If you are in the US you'll find many of the old classics are still being sold to this date. There will always be the originals like Deep Throat, Behind the Green Door, Debbie does Dallas,.... and the countless other forgotten wannabes.

You can't remake a classic. Any copycat will always be compared to the "original" :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best US originals:

Hawaii Five-O (Jack Lord)
Streets Of San Francisco (Michael Douglas)
Fall Guy (Lee Majors)
T.J. Hooker (William Shatner)
Remington Steele (Pierce Brosnan)
Miami Vice (Don Johnson)

Any more to add?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In 2007 there was a writers' strike in hollywood when scriptwriters demanded comparable pay to the over-paid actors. I think it is a fair ask since the quality of TV series have gone up nowadays.

So to save costs now, the lower rung of the industry has to resurrect old franchises instead of developing new ones.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best US originals:

Any more to add?

BJ and the bear
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Combat
Fantasy Island
Dukes of Hazzard (remake liao)
Starsky and Hutch (as above)
Man From UNCLE
The Rockford files
Kung Fu

Why no one mention Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible? Became movie franchise even!