• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New food place to eat at Jalan Besar

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking mai kei kei go desker road call aqua right? Knn you lao teeko.

Add on 正志文 also open stall around there.
Of course cannot forget good ole swee kee tim sum.
Yeah, thats the one i like to go. Street name think syed alwi road or something. I also like the scissor cut at the junction. Appearance wise cmi but taste, heavenly. Never like to eat rice after midnight , only this one can make it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't this area Ramseth's 'territory"? :biggrin:

Yeap, my territory. For makan, everything's quite alright there. My favourites are Kelatan Road coffeeshop laksa and Jalan Berseh hawker centre turtle soup. Across the Jalan Besar main road, the whole row of coffeeshops are quite alright too. The famous Swee Chun supper dimsum is still there and there's the famous original Hainan scissors cut curry rice. Both standards have dipped somewhat from the true irresistibly delicious originals but still quite alright and can't be blamed too much. The supply of pork, soy sauce and other ingredients have all been industrialised. No way to get back the true original tastes no matter how skilfull the cooks are.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The famous Swee Chun supper dimsum is still there

i wonder why they always full house when the dimsum not exactly fantastic.

the fried egg oyster locate at the basement of the food centre not bad, operation time from 1800-2300hrs. Only sell this so quality is assure. one of the better fried egg oyster still available in singapore. too many half past six stalls around nowsaday.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the fried egg oyster locate at the basement of the food centre not bad, operation time from 1800-2300hrs. Only sell this so quality is assure. one of the better fried egg oyster still available in singapore. too many half past six stalls around nowsaday.
The Tim Sum is 古早味 and new inventions. Been in business many decades

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah, not that fantastic anymore compared to my childhood days. I think trick is that they're established night business in a good location. Not many dimsum shops around at night. Taste to taste, price to price, I think the Lavender Square dimsum stall is better, but it caters to traditional dimsum hours only. A few stalls away is the worst and most expensive wantan mee stall in the world. It charges twice the price and serves half a plate. Curiously, many rich idiots queue for it.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
Yeap, my territory. For makan, everything's quite alright there. My favourites are Kelatan Road coffeeshop laksa and Jalan Berseh hawker centre turtle soup.

Any special discount at the beef ball beehoon and yong tau fu if your WP member?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any special discount at the beef ball beehoon and yong tau fu if your WP member?

If you go eat with LTK, no need discount, it's free. He'll pay. :wink: :biggrin:

But to be fair, if you visit GMS in AMK or HK, he'll pay too.

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you go eat with LTK, no need discount, it's free. He'll pay. :wink: :biggrin:

But to be fair, if you visit GMS in AMK or HK, he'll pay too.

Eat with gms, I'll pay but I'll ask the store holder to add rat "happy pill" in his food.:biggrin:

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was walking along Jln Besar area to Mustafa when I realised that the famous Kong Kee Mutton Soup has moved to a new coffe shop at the junction of SamLeong and Jln Besar, walk in further, got a few stalls selling nice stuffs, these are some feedbacks.

Kong Kee Mutton Soup
This stall used to be at the junction of Kitchener road and Jln besar, the new premises is bigger than the old one. The mutton meat is tender and dun have the muttony smell. The soup is on sour side, they put some herbs inside which I dunno what it is, but definitely not overpowering kind, need a few spoonful to get used to it. They also sellm mutton parts such as the stomach and the tulang. One of the better mutton soup I have eaten, the one at amoy is better.

Do they still sell the "special" ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, thats the one i like to go. Street name think syed alwi road or something. I also like the scissor cut at the junction. Appearance wise cmi but taste, heavenly. Never like to eat rice after midnight , only this one can make it.

At least 6 HFJs along Syed Alwi Rd.