• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New food place to eat at Jalan Besar

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was walking along Jln Besar area to Mustafa when I realised that the famous Kong Kee Mutton Soup has moved to a new coffe shop at the junction of SamLeong and Jln Besar, walk in further, got a few stalls selling nice stuffs, these are some feedbacks.

IMG_2652.jpg

Kong Kee Mutton Soup
This stall used to be at the junction of Kitchener road and Jln besar, the new premises is bigger than the old one. The mutton meat is tender and dun have the muttony smell. The soup is on sour side, they put some herbs inside which I dunno what it is, but definitely not overpowering kind, need a few spoonful to get used to it. They also sellm mutton parts such as the stomach and the tulang. One of the better mutton soup I have eaten, the one at amoy is better.

Rating: 4/5
Price: $4/$5 and above

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

Fook How Oyster Cake

This 1 caught my eye, its been a long time since I eat oyster cake. This stall is managed by Fuzhou people, fried on the spot, have to wait for a while. The fillings consist of minced pork, prawns, oyster and lots of corianders and covered with batters, when you ate a bite, the aroma is damn nice. I suggest you order the extra fillings.

Rating: 3.8/5
Price: $1.40/$1.80 extra fillings

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

Fook How Fuzhou Fishball
Same store as the oyster cake stall selling fuzhou fishball noodles, overall, not bad lah, they have the right sauces for the noodles, but the noodles is not my kind of noodles, not soggy, but some of you might like it. The fishball is soft, inside minced meat is a tad overspiced, over power the taste of the fishball. Quite value for money, my pictures is $3 bowl

Rating: 3.5/5
Price: $3 and above

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

Da Jie Wantan Mee
Didnt eat this 1, they havent open yet, anyone know? I saw a lot of reports and certificate pasted on their stall

Rating: Unknown
Price: Unknown

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hai yah bro, was thinking theres some "new kind of food" joint at Jalan Bersa. :biggrin:

i've heard of the oyster cake, been wanting to try but also too lazy to walk down from my office.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hai yah bro, was thinking theres some "new kind of food" joint at Jalan Bersa. :biggrin:

i've heard of the oyster cake, been wanting to try but also too lazy to walk down from my office.

You working at Petain? :biggrin: Or Desker?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking mai kei kei go desker road call aqua right? Knn you lao teeko.

Add on 正志文 also open stall around there.
Of course cannot forget good ole swee kee tim sum.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

just opposite 正志文, I dun like the tim sum leh, not fresh at all, now managed by PRCs, 126 at Geylang better

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Talking about Petain. Why all the chicken house got one smell one. I went there once, but no mood to fuck at all after smelling the smell and seeing so many bangala there...

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Talking about Petain. Why all the chicken house got one smell one. I went there once, but no mood to fuck at all after smelling the smell and seeing so many bangala there...

you said it already mah.

seriously, that place is aquired taste.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thats Hong Leong, not Sam Leong, lol, i saw wrongly also just now.. :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyway guys, it is worth going, at least twice, LOL

You're blind is it? On the left of the red dot, got Sam Leong Mansion 11, 21, 23...

SinghSons

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This 1 i not sure.......

according to your map location, seems like its the one that I used to patron when Im still a very young boy. If you are in JB again, you should also try the henghwa mee sua, I think ming restaurant or something.