• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is relative. A freehold landed 30 min drive away from SG is only around S$400k. A similar one in SG is S$4mil. For GCB in SG, they are setting record prices. Hence price is still reasonable in JB and there is still quite a lot of upside in the next few years. Don't let those analysts' talks distract you. Southern JB is no longer a local property market but one that is linked to SG.
Fully agree. Ppty near Spore via tuas/ciq should continue to be in demand. Jurong gateway sells at sgd1600psf vs horizon hill semi d/bungalow 30mins away by car on a good day -i take hh anytime

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree. Ppty near Spore via tuas/ciq should continue to be in demand. Jurong gateway sells at sgd1600psf vs horizon hill semi d/bungalow 30mins away by car on a good day -i take hh anytime

Value of jurong gateway is in rental value. A new 2 bedder should be able to fetch S$3.6-3.8k, and condo tenant quality is generally higher in SG, even compared to horizon hills. Of cos, Horizon much better for self stay lah, provided your work hours are flexible...

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, how come the senibong jb property (not singapore) now so expensive.
Cos similar size & similar waterfront living at Sentosa 99-yrs leasehold easily S$6mil-$7mil.. as compared to Senibong freehold S$600k-S$700k+

Anyway, everywhere price up already.. I heard few years back during launched was Rm900+ only

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, how come the snibong jb property (not singapore) now so expensive.

boz potter likes to bet on dark horse...haven't reached corner yet. come in 2nd/3rd place, odds also gao gao.. cheong huh..!! titter.gif

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Value of jurong gateway is in rental value. A new 2 bedder should be able to fetch S$3.6-3.8k, and condo tenant quality is generally higher in SG, even compared to horizon hills. Of cos, Horizon much better for self stay lah, provided your work hours are flexible...

really? wah... then in future my apartment should be able to get 3k rental liao..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh u buy senibong cove ... wow. i drove in recently very nice.. but the water in future, dunno if can maintain clean?

ya, my horse name senibong cove, trainer is lang walker. another darker horse still behind.. mai eat grass can liao. titter.gif

MolekPrime

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone have an opinion on the value for Molek Grove terrace houses? It's location is superb and just outside the Molek Pines area. Prices are now around $800k and there is a unit asking for $900k; renovated, FF and tenanted for the next 24 months, the rental itself will bring back more than RM100k. Will prices there continue to appreciate or better to look at Nusajaya instead?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penang property market to contract, says consultant

Posted on August 20, 2013

First quarter of this year’s transactions follow last year’s trend of falling number of transactions as well as total value; Penang investors waiting for prices to adjust or having loans rejected.

GEORGE TOWN:
Penang’s property market is expected to contract further by double digits this year, similar to the trend in 2012, according to Raine & Horne Malaysia (Penang) director Michael Geh.

He said that both the value and volume of transactions would contract this year due to stringent bank loan conditions.

In 2012, according to the National Property Information Centre (Napic) report, total transactions of residential properties in Penang fell by 23% to 23,266 from 30,674 in 2011, while the total value of transactions was down 7.5% to RM7bil from RM7.7bil in 2011.

A report from the valuation and property services department (Penang) said the volume of residential property transactions for the first quarter this year declined by 15.7% to 4,200 units from 4,981 units a year earlier. The value of transactions during the period increased by 3.5% to RM1.54bil from RM1.49bil previously, the report said.

“Last year was the first time that there were contractions in both value and volume transactions. This hasn’t happened in the past four years,” Geh said.

Henry Butcher Malaysia (Penang) vice-president Shawn Ong also said the tighter credit conditions would continue to slow residential property transactions in the second half of 2013.

“There is still interest to purchase properties.

However, due to the high and unreasonable pricing, property investors are waiting for prices to re-adjust before buying,” he said.

According to the Napic report, there was an existing stock of 367,158 units of residential properties in Penang in the second quarter of 2013, compared with 366,265 units the previous quarter.

Of the 367,158 units, some 40,843 were condominium and apartment units, the report said.

The report said that till the second quarter of 2013, there was an incoming supply of 48,076 units, while there were 45,153 units under construction.

The planned new supply in the second quarter was 46,610 units, the report added.

Geh said the existing stock of residential properties that had been built had increased, compared with a year ago, which meant that the market was spoiled for choices.

“If the incoming supply of properties that have been approved materialised at the same time, there be may be a correction in housing prices.

“Affordability is the key word here. There are many people who are keen to buy properties, but the pricing today falls out of their income range.

“Compounding the problem further is the high rejection rate of housing loans nowadays, which has increased from last year,” Geh added.

In the north-east district, current condominium prices from developers directly hover around RM800 to RM1,200 per sq ft.

“For the secondary market in the district, the prices are around RM500 to RM800 per sq ft.

“As for the south-west district, condominium prices from developers directly range from RM550 to RM900 per sq ft while for the secondary market, they are between RM500 and RM800 per sq ft,” Geh said.

According to Geh, condominium prices directly from developers have increased by about 20%, compared with a year ago in both districts, whereas in the secondary market prices have increased by over 5%, versus 2012.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penang property market to contract, says consultant

Wow wonder if the Iskandar property market will contract, heard there's news of oversupply...

Anyone bought the Country Garden Danga Bay at the JB carnival last weekend? Lots of publicity everywhere. Heard the sea view units are all gone.

Received an email on D'Inspire Residence at Bukit Indah selling around the same price RM800psf, up from RM600psf years ago but now comes fully furnished & with car park lot. Any thoughts on whether it's still a good buy, considering other prime areas are selling above RM1,000 psf? Bukit Indah looks pretty convenient & accessible and limited land for new condos?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone have an opinion on the value for Molek Grove terrace houses? It's location is superb and just outside the Molek Pines area. Prices are now around $800k and there is a unit asking for $900k; renovated, FF and tenanted for the next 24 months, the rental itself will bring back more than RM100k. Will prices there continue to appreciate or better to look at Nusajaya instead?

rental bring back > 100k, are you sure? that works out to >4k RM a month? that kind of rental?
i saw units on iproperty selling for 800k. So think that 900k is overpriced.
as for location, i think its' superb area.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow wonder if the Iskandar property market will contract, heard there's news of oversupply...

Anyone bought the Country Garden Danga Bay at the JB carnival last weekend? Lots of publicity everywhere. Heard the sea view units are all gone.

Received an email on D'Inspire Residence at Bukit Indah selling around the same price RM800psf, up from RM600psf years ago but now comes fully furnished & with car park lot. Any thoughts on whether it's still a good buy, considering other prime areas are selling above RM1,000 psf? Bukit Indah looks pretty convenient & accessible and limited land for new condos?

D'Inspire is not in Bukit Indah. Its on the Bestari side. There should be a big price difference from across the road. But it seems KSL is trying to sell at super high price, it isnt the same as Bukit indah and definitely you're not getting SP Setia standard or brand name.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
rental bring back > 100k, are you sure? that works out to >4k RM a month? that kind of rental?

I agree, it seems very high for landed in MY. Even landed in better locations cant command that kind of price.Be careful, rental can be 'fixed'. I have come across units where the landlord gives tenant cashback, then gets tenant locked into high rental with view of selling, so it all sounds so good. To eb sure if such rental is reflective of teh market, do check with other similar houses.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Honestly, for RM 800k, isnt Molek Haven resale a better choice? It's totally new after all, and next to wet market. Not much difference in distance between Molek Haven & Molek Grove, and both are 24 x 80.

I also think the RM 100k rental over 2 years is next to impossible lah.......

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyway , if buy for investment or rental income better do your sum correctly , very little room for profit .

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
really? wah... then in future my apartment should be able to get 3k rental liao..

SG all depends on location 1......The west side rental has been really high lately.... My aunt secured a 4 room HDB rent for S$2.9K in Jurong West, and it's not even near MRT. My agent's 2 bedder condo unit, Caspian, was rented out at $3.8k (fully furnished).

My one not so gd though. Recently rented out the 3 bedder condo (west area) for $3.5K only, but it's 10 years old resale condo liao.... Generally, SG properties gd for long term investment cos easier to get quality tenants. JB better for self-stay & capital gains, i feel....

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

It will soon or later.

Condo projects are oversupply. Thats not enough good decent landed house project like Leisure Farm or Lenang Height (wrong location).