• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I agree that property defects happen on both sides of the border. Buildings are simply too big to have ZERO defects. its impossible. But in SG at least they get built and if there are defects, you have legal recourse. Things get rectified within a reasonable time frame. there is light at the end of the tunnel. not so sure if it happens in MY.

Since we are on this topic, why don't I get some of your views. my booking fee agreement has got no time limit or refund clause. So am I screwed? Whats my recourse? I don't need my booking fee back cos I would rather have the apartment. What's a reasonable time frame to wait before taking action and who do I go to for help?

Can check out this, normally from developer, depending on the type of property, it is up to 36 months i believe. You can check out for recourse here:
ehome.kpkt.gov.my, go online, print and pay RM10 to file the claim.

http://www.kpkt.gov.my/kpkt_bi_2013/

Discussion on the effectiveness:
http://www.nst.com.my/red/how-effective-is-the-tribunal-for-homebuyer-claims-1.270074

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that property defects happen on both sides of the border. Buildings are simply too big to have ZERO defects. its impossible. But in SG at least they get built and if there are defects, you have legal recourse. Things get rectified within a reasonable time frame. there is light at the end of the tunnel. not so sure if it happens in MY.

put it in perspective. thousands of houses and condo get built every year in jb, kl, penang, seremban, ipoh etc and malaysians are moving into them. so, it's not THAT BAD. I mean, it's not singapore, but i'm pretty sure you'll get your properties, just a matter of when. take it easy man! i thought you were a nottiboy?

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since we are on this topic, why don't I get some of your views. my booking fee agreement has got no time limit or refund clause. So am I screwed? Whats my recourse? I don't need my booking fee back cos I would rather have the apartment. What's a reasonable time frame to wait before taking action and who do I go to for help?

Hi 1Nottiboy, so sorry to hear about your disappointment. Defects in Malaysia also is quite similar to Spore. You get those things rectified within a time frame otherwise you can give notice to engage your own contractor. Normally it is stated in the SPA.

Tiong Nam's HQ is in Shah Alam, Selangor. It might be a good idea to see them face to face and get to the bottom of things before coming to conclusions. My understanding is as long as the booking fee is not cashed and SPA not signed, the sale is not done. The coundown dates have not begun yet. The developer can refund and cancel the project if they fail to sell a certain percentage of the project and failed to obtain bank loans.
If you need Tiong Nam's contacts, pm me. Good luck.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
nusa bestari has limited land for condo, but lots of landed. will it push prices of condo up? Since there's only setia sky loft and it doesn't seem like there's any other free plot of land there

SP Setia has a lot of condos coming up- Sky Breeze, Sky View, Sky Trees- apart from the completed Sky Execuive Suites and Sky Loft which is under construction, I believe there's also a condo in Nusa Duta area by IJM land, so condos are not in such short supply in the area. But for security reasons adn because some Singaporeans espeically retirees may not wnat to bother with maintaining a landed, there may be a demand for condos.The SP Setia condos are all ( except fro Sky view) within walking distance of amenites- the big 3 supermarts and the CW bus to SG.That's an added draw for those seeking convenience. Landed I feel may register better capital gains though as its every Singapoean's dream to own a landed, but its largely unattainable in SG.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chocolate, your experience in properties really shows. May I add that in cat 1 above, I also like Sime Darby and Sunway. There are also some surprise dark horse developer that suddenly come up with a spectacular product. Think the developer of desa park city, everyone was amazed at the final product as the developer, then, was quite unknown. The only problem is these branded developers price their property 3 years ahead. so not much fat for profits.

Malpaso, I must return the compliment, you're spot on about developers and dark horses. The trick is to be able to spot these'gems' by unknowns, then you find a bargain. I am not good enough to do that. I have close family members in the property biz in MY and am experienced investing in SG, so I will say this- manage your expectations, be more selective in MY as there's is no or little recourse for buyers. Unlike here, we can go to BCA but even then, if you want to sue a developer, good luck. They have deeper pockets and he who has the deeper pocket usually wins as he can hire top counsels and go the distance.My friend who sued CDL lost . Buyer Beware .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1176170_610796065609456_1117616434_n.jpg

A word from our sponsors, they have a roadshow at the AEON/Jusco located in Permas Jaya.
This is Zone A.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted with thanks on all the replies with regards to my situation. all of you so sweet. kiss kiss. but don't worry abt me. I am fine. it's just bitching. last few days very free. nothing to do. all the boys too busy to drink with me and all the gals dun wanna do notti things with me.

wuqi, don't censor my posts pls. if you read deeper into my posts, while sometimes offensive (to some), there is usually some sense in them. besides, my posts make great entertainment for the threads. they also sometimes serve as reminders that while JB is largely a nice rosy environment to live and have fun, it also has its thorns that everyone should take note of.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a nottiboy. usually brain filled with alcohol by 5pm. largely bo chap with most things. that's why happy almost everyday. gotta run. alcohol infusion time.

put it in perspective. thousands of houses and condo get built every year in jb, kl, penang, seremban, ipoh etc and malaysians are moving into them. so, it's not THAT BAD. I mean, it's not singapore, but i'm pretty sure you'll get your properties, just a matter of when. take it easy man! i thought you were a nottiboy?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted with thanks. greatly appreciated.

I am not assuming anything. just buay song that my booking fee can be held for so long and the promise of the launch date keeps getting pushed back. now I cant be bothered anymore. all my excitement of partying in PH and buying a yacht has died off. now looking for new things to get me excited again.

I still think they are gonna build my condo and if they dun, I am confident they will return my booking fee. its not a lot of money anyway. its the time frame that bugs me. know what I mean? if they decide to scrap the project 3 years later and return me my RM50k, is it still worth 50k? or if they only start the project 3 years later and complete it in another 3? its the "buay song-ness". know what I mean?

anyway its just casual bitching and sharing. i have nothing to gain and nothing more to lose in this whole saga. just wanna save ppl from going thru the little anguish and disappointment i had to go thru.

Hi 1Nottiboy, so sorry to hear about your disappointment. Defects in Malaysia also is quite similar to Spore. You get those things rectified within a time frame otherwise you can give notice to engage your own contractor. Normally it is stated in the SPA.

Tiong Nam's HQ is in Shah Alam, Selangor. It might be a good idea to see them face to face and get to the bottom of things before coming to conclusions. My understanding is as long as the booking fee is not cashed and SPA not signed, the sale is not done. The coundown dates have not begun yet. The developer can refund and cancel the project if they fail to sell a certain percentage of the project and failed to obtain bank loans.
If you need Tiong Nam's contacts, pm me. Good luck.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted with thanks. greatly appreciated.

I am not assuming anything. just buay song that my booking fee can be held for so long and the promise of the launch date keeps getting pushed back. now I cant be bothered anymore. all my excitement of partying in PH and buying a yacht has died off. now looking for new things to get me excited again.

I still think they are gonna build my condo and if they dun, I am confident they will return my booking fee. its not a lot of money anyway. its the time frame that bugs me. know what I mean? if they decide to scrap the project 3 years later and return me my RM50k, is it still worth 50k? or if they only start the project 3 years later and complete it in another 3? its the "buay song-ness". know what I mean?

anyway its just casual bitching and sharing. i have nothing to gain and nothing more to lose in this whole saga. just wanna save ppl from going thru the little anguish and disappointment i had to go thru.

Your booking fee is RM50K?? :eek: