• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need Help

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have absolutely no idea either. So far I'm totally confused on two fronts:

1) Inability to change name = discrimination and inability to secure jobs despite years spent in OZ?
2) CPF MMS changes 1st july 2011 = inability to withdraw CPF out 100% upon citizenship renunciation?

Huh?

For most of us walking this walk, it just don't make sense. Why and how did you guys come up with such a situation?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example if you have a name: 'Chung Cheong Piong'.. It is much harder to pronounce. It does not represent Australian identity, same goes with 'Fatimah Binte Mohamah Osama'.. Honestly, if there are 100 applicants, do you think they would spend interview time with you? It is not discrimination.. But it is pro Australian and limited time
:-)

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never officially change my name, but I've let people know to call me by a Christian name to ease conversation and introductions. Instead of CHung Cheong Piong on your CV you can just put Andrew Chung Cheong Piong. Showing a willingness to assimilate into the Australian culture goes a long way in getting accepted by the community and getting a job. It has nothing to do with changing your name at all. Changing your mind-set in doing things probably would get you a job faster.

For example if you have a name: 'Chung Cheong Piong'.. It is much harder to pronounce. It does not represent Australian identity, same goes with 'Fatimah Binte Mohamah Osama'.. Honestly, if there are 100 applicants, do you think they would spend interview time with you? It is not discrimination.. But it is pro Australian and limited time
:-)

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes ! it is the 'English' name I am talking, dude.. Try asking around.. Normally, those that couldnt find a job are those with typical native names or thick accent. This country is Australian proud.. They would offer a job to ppl who is incline to Australian culture.. Including speech, accent etc.

I get to pick up the little Aust accent when I arrived for 6-12 mths - with little or no interaction to sinkies. Even speaking to wifey and son during the transition, I chose to use mandarin instead of singlish. It was good for a while until I returned for 2 mths, my singlish accent came back naturally. Now it is all good.

I've seen many sinkies hanging around with sinkies, not changing a bit incl accent, Still comparing status, wealth and titles. Omg...

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from this forum I have virtually zero interaction with any Singaporean so far. Try watching some Aussie shows, like Home and Away, and Neighbours. It helps in the assimilation process.

Yes ! it is the 'English' name I am talking, dude.. Try asking around.. Normally, those that couldnt find a job are those with typical native names or thick accent. This country is Australian proud.. They would offer a job to ppl who is incline to Australian culture.. Including speech, accent etc.

I get to pick up the little Aust accent when I arrived for 6-12 mths - with little or no interaction to sinkies. Even speaking to wifey and son during the transition, I chose to use mandarin instead of singlish. It was good for a while until I returned for 2 mths, my singlish accent came back naturally. Now it is all good.

I've seen many sinkies hanging around with sinkies, not changing a bit incl accent, Still comparing status, wealth and titles. Omg...

terry t

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immediately, pending paperwork completion. 1-2 months in total.

Add1: Dude, you really need to read up more from CPF website itself, and past the CPF drones. Sooner or later you'd come to a part where you'd realise they will just have no choice. Where exactly did you get the >50 years from? Those who migrated, or those who haven't?

I will yo the anz bank wanted to make a 2 currency acct, the banker ask me , m I going for migrate. If yes, for the cpf withdrawal need to check, wether their policy has change any.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from this forum I have virtually zero interaction with any Singaporean so far. Try watching some Aussie shows, like Home and Away, and Neighbours. It helps in the assimilation process.

I did not watch any Australian shows -it sucks, hehe. I pick it up thru verbal interaction. 3 cheers for us!

buzzlightyear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's a milestone: none of my immediate face-to-face friends are Asians. Any non-westerners dealing with me initially think I was born and bred in NZ.

Oh please loser, you have been going on and on about this for a long time now. When I was in the United States, they thought I was British too from my accent. When I was in Britain, on the phone without seeing me in person, they thought I was British too. When I went to Hong Kong, they thought I was Canadian.

What is there to be proud of? Notice you wrote NON-WESTERNER, this means the locals just need one good look and listen to you and they know you are a FOREIGNER.

You just migrated to Kiwiland and you act like you have moved to the moon. How hard can it be to live in a first world English speaking country? Sure there always will be culture shock and obstacles but any English speaking Sinkie who is determined would not find it that tough. Ask Pierre Png or even Lee Kuan Yew to migrate to Yorkshire and it would be like asking them to go home.

Migration is so hard, migrating to a first world English speaking country is so tough...blah blah blah. Why don't you try living in Russia for 5 years, if you can survive there, then come and boast, at least that is something to boast about. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all. greener a not is not for me any more,is more for the sake of my children future.Btw for this 2011 immigration any good trade, can be urgent need from oz gov.

Rgs.

Please old man, you like 99% of those from your generation, will not make it anyway. Just go to Batam or China. China is very good, Communist, speak Chinese, drink lots of herbal tea, suits you very well. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh please, old Sinkies are the dumbest. You are going to be writing your name in English entirely in Singapore anyway, yet they give their kids China names like Chung Chong Long, writing it in ENGLISH in their birth certs, LMAO. If you want to write your name in English entirely throughout your life, at least get a proper ENGLISH name, if you want to be Chung Chong Long so bad then move to China. Full-on retardedness. The thing that pisses me off is the naming order as well, it is plain retarded to have an education in English and then have your names written in the East Asian order where the surname comes first, plain stupidity, you want to be East Asian so bad why study in English schools?

Lucky my dad was English speaking and had the common sense to give me a proper English name when I was born, so when I use my name, including our surname, it looks exactly like an Anglo-Saxon name, it looks Irish in fact.

And Axe, no point boasting about your life here, no one is falling for it. I don't have to meet you to know that YOU CAN'T FIT INTO AUS SOCIETY. JUST LOOK AT YOUR POSTS, YOU CAN'T EVEN STRING TOGETHER 7 WORDS IN ENGLISH PROPERLY. You even speak Mandarin at home, when you call yourself Australian and live in Down Under, how pathetic is that. No wonder you want to move back to SG. Spare us the bullshit about having an Aussie accent, the only Accent you can have in this life is a China accent. You will be a perm FOB.

What kind of loser who calls himself Aussie and says he has fit into Australia uses the word Dude anyway? LMAO. I suggest you learn some English from Melbourne's Mayor John So, and eat Macdonalds twice a week, even that might make you 200% more Aussie, loser cunt. Fuck you loser and I hope you get kicked in the ass by a Kangeroo one day and that you get gang raped by a bunch of Bogans, preferably right before the Kangeroo sticks his claws 20cm into your rectum. :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh please loser, you have been going on and on about this for a long time now. When I was in the United States, they thought I was British too from my accent. When I was in Britain, on the phone without seeing me in person, they thought I was British too. When I went to Hong Kong, they thought I was Canadian.

Migration is so hard, migrating to a first world English speaking country is so tough...blah blah blah.

Dude, I've been saying that migration is easy(ier) when one "crosses the rubicon" from the sinkie mindset. I'm not entirely sure why you're singing to the choir here?

I believe the scope of the discussion was pretty simple. For sinkie migrant wannabes:
1) Taking more initiatives when it comes to self help: information gathering, jobs, financials, etc. (no need for agents, 3rd party help, etc).
2) "When in Rome......." : assimilation with local culture.
3) Perception adjustment: Discrimination (line between local vs foreigner) is not the issue nor the obstacle when migrating

What's the additional perspective you're adding here?

buzzlightyear said:
You just migrated to Kiwiland and you act like you have moved to the moon. How hard can it be to live in a first world English speaking country? Sure there always will be culture shock and obstacles but any English speaking Sinkie who is determined would not find it that tough. Ask Pierre Png or even Lee Kuan Yew to migrate to Yorkshire and it would be like asking them to go home.

Maybe I'm missing some agenda here: why can't a kiwi feel as if he's moved to the moon? We're enjoying clean air, tranquility, self-sufficient lifestyle, great social graces, etc.

But amen! It is easier to live here than living in non-English speaking countries like Singapore.

buzzlightyear said:
What is there to be proud of? Notice you wrote NON-WESTERNER, this means the locals just need one good look and listen to you and they know you are a FOREIGNER.

"Dealing" with locals involve more than just verbal and written communication, dude. There's a hidden dimension to the smarts living in kiwi: we all arb the global instruments for local coupon. Do you walk that talk?

buzzlighyear said:
Why don't you try living in Russia for 5 years, if you can survive there, then come and boast, at least that is something to boast about. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry. I only have 1.5 years in Rostov (not long enough?) and a son with a Russian name. What's your dick size, sire?

On further thought I appear to be feeding a troll. As such, I'll just add one more accolade to my "sinkie book"...

Junkyard said:
1) Inability to change name = discrimination and inability to secure jobs despite years spent in OZ?
2) CPF MMS changes 1st july 2011 = inability to withdraw CPF out 100% upon citizenship renunciation?
3) Comparing dick sizes, even without one's own.

... and welcome you to my ignore list. Say hi to /dev/null.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
<buzzlightyear>

Gum-sia gum-sia for the advice.. I am waiting for AUD 1.45, it won't be long for me to join you in SG. Australia sucks ! PAP is better ! hehe..

buzzlightyear

Alfrescian
Loyal
<buzzlightyear>

Gum-sia gum-sia for the advice.. I am waiting for AUD 1.45, it won't be long for me to join you in SG. Australia sucks ! PAP is better ! hehe..

No, Australia is better. Singapore is a dictatorship filled with uneducated rude broken-English-speaking losers whose views on everything is upside down. No one wants to be Singaporean. Even the Indians who naturalise are only using it as a stepping stone to the United States or Australia.

Since you are a Mandarin speaking rude face-wanting loser who struggle with basic English, and you even speak Mandarin Down Under, you will never be able to fit into Australia or be Australian, so it is good you are goin' back to where all the sucky losers gather - Singapore.

As for the 1.45 ex, keep dreaming, your kind are the best at it. When you land in SG, I won't be here anyway, lucky me, one less pathetic psycho loser for me to deal with.

Dude, I've been saying that migration is easy(ier) when one "crosses the rubicon" from the sinkie mindset. I'm not entirely sure why you're singing to the choir here?

I believe the scope of the discussion was pretty simple. For sinkie migrant wannabes:
1) Taking more initiatives when it comes to self help: information gathering, jobs, financials, etc. (no need for agents, 3rd party help, etc).
2) "When in Rome......." : assimilation with local culture.
3) Perception adjustment: Discrimination (line between local vs foreigner) is not the issue nor the obstacle when migrating

What's the additional perspective you're adding here?

Maybe I'm missing some agenda here: why can't a kiwi feel as if he's moved to the moon? We're enjoying clean air, tranquility, self-sufficient lifestyle, great social graces, etc.

But amen! It is easier to live here than living in non-English speaking countries like Singapore.

"Dealing" with locals involve more than just verbal and written communication, dude. There's a hidden dimension to the smarts living in kiwi: we all arb the global instruments for local coupon. Do you walk that talk?

Oh, I'm sorry. I only have 1.5 years in Rostov (not long enough?) and a son with a Russian name. What's your dick size, sire?

On further thought I appear to be feeding a troll. As such, I'll just add one more accolade to my "sinkie book"...

3) Comparing dick sizes, even without one's own.

... and welcome you to my ignore list. Say hi to /dev/null.

Frankly who gives a shit about you and your bullshit loser trash. I hope you get HIV from the sheep you have frequently sex with. I hope the next big Earthquake happens just under your house and you get sucked into the core of the Earth, melting into molten lava. Son with Russian name? Try son with vagina and no fingers.

I can't be bothered to fuck you anymore, it is 6 in the morning and I can barely peel my eyes open before my morning tea. So here's some sign language for you: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

terry t

Alfrescian
Loyal

Migration is so hard, migrating to a first world English speaking country is so tough...blah blah blah. Why don't you try living in Russia for 5 years, if you can survive there, then come and boast, at least that is something to boast about. :rolleyes:

Please old man, you like 99% of those from your generation, will not make it anyway. Just go to Batam or China. China is very good, Communist, speak Chinese, drink lots of herbal tea, suits you very well. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh please, old Sinkies are the dumbest. You are going to be writing your name in English entirely in Singapore anyway, yet they give their kids China names like Chung Chong Long, writing it in ENGLISH in their birth certs, LMAO. If you want to write your name in English entirely throughout your life, at least get a proper ENGLISH name, if you want to be Chung Chong Long so bad then move to China. Full-on retardedness. The thing that pisses me off is the naming order as well, it is plain retarded to have an education in English and then have your names written in the East Asian order where the surname comes first, plain stupidity, you want to be East Asian so bad why study in English schools?

Lucky my dad was English speaking and had the common sense to give me a proper English name when I was born, so when I use my name, including our surname, it looks exactly like an Anglo-Saxon name, it looks Irish in fact.

And Axe, no point boasting about your life here, no one is falling for it. I don't have to meet you to know that YOU CAN'T FIT INTO AUS SOCIETY. JUST LOOK AT YOUR POSTS, YOU CAN'T EVEN STRING TOGETHER 7 WORDS IN ENGLISH PROPERLY. You even speak Mandarin at home, when you call yourself Australian and live in Down Under, how pathetic is that. No wonder you want to move back to SG. Spare us the bullshit about having an Aussie accent, the only Accent you can have in this life is a China accent. You will be a perm FOB.

What kind of loser who calls himself Aussie and says he has fit into Australia uses the word Dude anyway? LMAO. I suggest you learn some English from Melbourne's Mayor John So, and eat Macdonalds twice a week, even that might make you 200% more Aussie, loser cunt. Fuck you loser and I hope you get kicked in the ass by a Kangeroo one day and that you get gang raped by a bunch of Bogans, preferably right before the Kangeroo sticks his claws 20cm into your rectum. :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is why I plan to leave sinkie , with sinkie educated this kind of young punk onli know how to shoot ppl but no bloody guts to do something.Better plan n move early.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, Australia is better. Singapore is a dictatorship filled with uneducated rude broken-English-speaking losers whose views on everything is upside down. No one wants to be Singaporean. Even the Indians who naturalise are only using it as a stepping stone to the United States or Australia.

Since you are a Mandarin speaking rude face-wanting loser who struggle with basic English, and you even speak Mandarin Down Under, you will never be able to fit into Australia or be Australian, so it is good you are goin' back to where all the sucky losers gather - Singapore.

As for the 1.45 ex, keep dreaming, your kind are the best at it. When you land in SG, I won't be here anyway, lucky me, one less pathetic psycho loser for me to deal with.

Hehe.. Bro, I have a choice, regardless whether SG like it or not. Loser like you can't choose, Bo bian lah.. You gotto accept the hard truth :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I picking my new mini cooper S countryman this weekend. Wife coming next month also. You want you come Sydney lah.

Bro, Bo bian lah.. Coz we're too free these days :-) hey, what are you up to ? Planning to head down to Melb to party?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I picking my new mini cooper S countryman this weekend. Wife coming next month also. You want you come Sydney lah.

Bro, must wait for a few months.. I hope to get a XC90 D5 and chiong blue mountain :smile: Any interesting places bo ?