• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need help urgently ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This helps. If you have set the 'Erase Data' option to ON then any thief will have 10 attempts before all data is erased.

bro ...i dont think i have set the erase data ...im so careless ...really this time im really fucked big time ...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This helps. If you have set the 'Erase Data' option to ON then any thief will have 10 attempts before all data is erased.
Ehh chanster, you tried before har? I know after 3 times, iPhone will not let you enter passcode at 3/5/10/15 minutes interval, after that I dun dare liao, haha...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the problem is im at yohohama ( chinatown ) just now ...lots of PRC ...thats why i say im fucked .

fucked. it's a write off. and you cannot go to police. urgently need to prevent next user from accessing your content. hopefully, they erase and put jailbreak phone on the black market. worst case scenario: prc triad gets hold of it. any underground connection in yokohama chinatown to seek and retrieve for a price?

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok ok cool down... let's list down the things people might do if they pick up a lost iphone and the likely consequences.

1) change sim card and use it
-- there's a setting where a password is required if the new sim card is detected

2) sell to 2nd hand shop
-- in sinkieland you need to show proof that the phone belongs to you when selling it

3) connect to PC and gleam any useful info from the phone
-- any iphone user can comment?

bro , if they change sim card ...they still be able to view all the informations on my phone right ?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro , if they change sim card ...they still be able to view all the informations on my phone right ?

I know there's a setting for android phone to ask for password when new sim card is inserted.

Need a iphone user to confirm for apple...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fucked. it's a write off. and you cannot go to police. urgently need to prevent next user from accessing your content. hopefully, they erase and put jailbreak phone on the black market. worst case scenario: prc triad gets hold of it.

bro , thats what im afraid of ...if prc triad get hold of my phone , i really have to run road . i dont mind they use my phone or sell it just dont look through all my " stuff " inside my phone . my hand is trembling when i type now ...really im fuckin scare now ...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there's data saved on the iphone and there's data saved with apple itunes and icloud. important for you to contact the apple support hotline to consider all possibilities.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drifter, ur best solution is to call them and pray they answer, just tell them you just need your simcard, they can have the phone, or you pay them a token sum.

With the passcode, they basically can't call.....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ehh chanster, you tried before har? I know after 3 times, iPhone will not let you enter passcode at 3/5/10/15 minutes interval, after that I dun dare liao, haha...

really ? but some of my friends say they can unlock it when they found iphone .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drifter, ur best solution is to call them and pray they answer, just tell them you just need your simcard, they can have the phone, or you pay them a token sum.

With the passcode, they basically can't call.....

i call my phone from 12 to now that person off my phone ... i even message my phone say im willing to pay any price just to get back my phone ...so far no respond . i dont think he or she will call back because he or she stole my phone and my bag .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there's data saved on the iphone and there's data saved with apple itunes and icloud. important for you to contact the apple support hotline to consider all possibilities.

now i ask my wife try to contact apple .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can you try to backtrack in yokohama chinatown and check with all businesses, places and offer a reward? if it's pickpocketed it's gone. small time thief will just sell it to small time jailbreak shop. most likely erase and back on black market, perhaps all the way back in china. don't despair about worst case scenario yet.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without you having registered the find my iphone app, the chance of recovery is very slim. The next best thing you can do is call your telco, who would have your imei number and ask them for the imei number and tell them it's lost. They will deactivate your sim, but tell them do not deactivate your phone coz you would need it if the guy who picked it up insert his own sim card and the sim registers on the network. Tell your telco to inform you if the imei gets registered on their network, they will have the guy's phone number, but would need a police report to release the detail to you. Call apple and tell them the imei number and your apple id and fax in a police report if needed to release more details. I have read occasions whereby apple was able to trace the user's ip address when the person did a sync on home PC. With IP address or even email, you would be that much close to getting it back.

You have to accept that your things are gone and the good thing is that with apple's iphone being notorious for being easily tracked and the person who picked it up having no clue whether you activated the findmyiphone app, the first thing he would most probably do is do a factory reset or a hard reset to wipe out everything. If he insert his own sim card or try to sync your stuffs to his pc, then telco and apple will know for sure.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really ? but some of my friends say they can unlock it when they found iphone .

There are a few clips on YouTube claiming to show how to break the passcode but this was for older iOS software. So far I haven't seen anyone break the passcode with iOS 5 however it wouldn't surprise me if there are iPhone hacks out there who have managed this.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
can you try to backtrack in yokohama chinatown and check with all businesses, places and offer a reward? if it's pickpocketed it's gone. small time thief will just sell it to small time jailbreak shop. most likely erase and back on black market, perhaps all the way back in china. don't despair about worst case scenario yet.

bro , i know it will be gone forever ...i just needed to delete all the " stuff " inside my phone ..if not many ppl going to be involved in this iphone leak . ...and theres no way i can call my friends and ask them to change their numbers .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Without you having registered the find my iphone app, the chance of recovery is very slim. The next best thing you can do is call your telco, who would have your imei number and ask them for the imei number and tell them it's lost. They will deactivate your sim, but tell them do not deactivate your phone coz you would need it if the guy who picked it up insert his own sim card and the sim registers on the network. Tell your telco to inform you if the imei gets registered on their network, they will have the guy's phone number, but would need a police report to release the detail to you. Call apple and tell them the imei number and your apple id and fax in a police report if needed to release more details. I have read occasions whereby apple was able to trace the user's ip address when the person did a sync on home PC. With IP address or even email, you would be that much close to getting it back.

You have to accept that your things are gone and the good thing is that with apple's iphone being notorious for being easily tracked and the person who picked it up having no clue whether you activated the findmyiphone app, the first thing he would most probably do is do a factory reset or a hard reset to wipe out everything. If he insert his own sim card or try to sync your stuffs to his pc, then telco and apple will know for sure.

bro, i cant go through police ...cant let them get hold of my phone .

Last edited: