• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious need advice: system transfer- IT question

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, calling all it experts,

what software do you use to do system transfer from old windows machine to another new computer?

thxs in advance.:geek::biggrin:

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once i had to migrate an old win nt system to a new machine, because there were software for which i didnt have the installer, i converted the nt system to a virtual machine and run it as a vm off the new machine without reinstallation.

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
MS bastard lock users to their old hardware and if you changed hardware you are VIOLATING yr Agreement with MicroSHIT. You need to pay them again for new WinDOXE License fee. Spend days to reinstall everything from OS to Applications etc, and found that you still lost settings and records.

Gay Phone Inc Mac are nothing good either. Exploiting users like suckers.

Using Linux, you NEED TO DO NOTHING, & LOST NOTHING & WASTE NO TIME, when you upgrade hardware. It will boot up automatically detect change and run faster than before. Nothing actually need to be done. All new hardware are PLUG & PLAY.

You may want to do a system update before migrate to new hardware, in case your system had not been updated for too long and lack latest drivers updates. Best updates are set to AUTO UPDATE.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
No head no tail.

Q1. What is yr old PC? XP or later?
2. What is yr bew PC pre installed Window 7,8, 10?
Q4. Latest PC run on 64bit, or 32bit?

Why transfer window OS where u can transfer data only?

Usually new PC come with pre install Window 10.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i have been working on windows system transfer since thursday, i am tired and no mood for joke.

I'm not joking. If you try to move your content to another windows box it's never going to work. That is one of the reasons why I ditched windows a long time ago. You'll be spending days or weeks resolving all the conflicts and deciphering all the error messages that will constantly pop up.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you use pirated Windows an office... Chesapeake Indian Burmese...

I'm not joking. If you try to move your content to another windows box it's never going to work. That is one of the reasons why I ditched windows a long time ago. You'll be spending days or weeks resolving all the conflicts and deciphering all the error messages that will constantly pop up.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Do a fresh install, you can't copy systems file. First chance you get, ditch MS email programs and browser. Go with Mozilla. It allows easy backup and restore of all emails and settings.

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I came across silly Mac users, who got EXPLOITED and EXTORTED by Gay Phone Inc. Suffering the usual sucker pains. I put all their data on NAS or USB3 thumb drives. Format away the Gay Phone Inc OS. Installed Linux and put data back. Everything FOC and BEST BEST functions, BEST BEST applications. BEST BEST plug and play hardware. No extortion, no exploitations, no trouble, no demands and limitations, TOTAL FREEDOM!

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
thxs all, client wants everything the same as before, if not i will choose a fresh install. she has some software running on the old hdd and it will be a hassle to reinstall everything. angmo char bor very troublesome...lmao

anyway, for those who are keen to learn, this may be the answer to my woe:

http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/how_to/redeploy/redeploy_a_system_to_new_hardware.htm

Educate the Stupid Ang Moh that MS = shit and those perfect nice dreams are impossible. Only $$$$Extortions$$$$ & Pains & Suffering Limitations - NON-STOP. Only way is to format away MicroSHIT OS & Abandon all their applications. Use FOC everything open source, completely functional & perfectly NO VIRUS. No Malware. No troubles. Linux is KING.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
linux and mac os, especially high sierra has its own problems. i just fixed a broken ubuntu profile this week. strangely enough for high sierra, quoting an experience, after setting up and configuring email, it failed to send or receive. the work around was to reboot a mac, listen correctly, you need to reboot a mac. rebooting only happen on windows machine but never a mac.