• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NCMP Selection guidelines

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTK will put one man each from the defeated GRC teams.............to gain exposure to win GRC mah...........Leon, maybe Ting Ru...........Dennis since he best loser after LLL

Leon is good....I like him even though I normally no like Indians/Eurasians.....I suspect either him or Pritam will succeed LTK.............

I hope LTK will do his calculation correctly.

Parliament is not just for exposure only hor!

The important thing has the WP done any well-researched proposals that can be tabled for debate in Parliament? If the WP has not done a single one during the last four to five years, when will they get one done? If the WP NCMP are not well-backed up with good research, they will not be able to debate well and give good rebuttals back to the PAP MPs. And if these WP NCMPs do a bad job, it would have negative exposure that would affect their chances of being elected to a full MP candidature. It would be worse than not being an NCMP.

The SDP has at least ten well-researched detailed policy proposals, ready to be presented anytime. Dr Paul can right away present one on the Health care Plan immediately that can help Singaporeans tremendously.

It should be country before party. I hope LTK would not be selfish.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, don't waste your time. LTK has to answer to the entire CEC. Giving away a NCMP is giving away 5 years worth of exposure on TV and other media. As a party, they have to think of themselves first.

Let SDP speak to WP behind the scene. If you keep asking in open forum, SDP will look desperate.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cosmos10 - When it comes to research, PAP has the edge. They have the bureaucracy behind them. If need be, taxpayers' $ will be used to get experts' opinion. Opposition does not have this luxury. Their MPs are already loaded with their own work.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cosmos10 - When it comes to research, PAP has the edge. They have the bureaucracy behind them. If need be, taxpayers' $ will be used to get experts' opinion. Opposition does not have this luxury. Their MPs are already loaded with their own work.

I do not agree with you. My point is some of the problems are urgent. Especially the Medisheild thing. The WP has slept on it for the last five years and did nothing to debate it in Parliament.

The SDP healthcare plan is so thorough that even the Ministry of health has adopted some of their proposals.

Lets call a spade a spade, OK. The WP is not up to mark as far as this is concerned.

Please tell your LTK not to be so selfish and deprive the entire Singaporean population of alternative solutions.

How many five years are there in one's life, and you want to wait for your WP people to grow up? Thoroughly selfish WP. Country before Party, man!

Dr Paul, as a doctor, has seen it first hand how badly our people have been affected, and that's why he has stepped forward to be politician.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, don't waste your time. LTK has to answer to the entire CEC. Giving away a NCMP is giving away 5 years worth of exposure on TV and other media. As a party, they have to think of themselves first.

Let SDP speak to WP behind the scene. If you keep asking in open forum, SDP will look desperate.

Sorry, bro, I was not asking. I am only suggesting and present the reasoning, that's all.

I need to emphasize that all that I have written are my personal opinion, not the SDP opinion hor. Thanks for your understanding. :smile:

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro., I heard that too during his rally speech. But you need to interpret what he said within context. He was not referring to the NCMP thing. He was referring to Sim Ann and Dr VB when they tried to smear CSJ and attack CSJ with gutter politics. So, CSJ said he would not do the smear attack and gutter politics back to Sim Ann and Dr VB just for the sake of winning the election. That was what CSJ meant by winning with honor. He would not stoop low to attack his opponent just for the sake of winning.

But the NCMP position can be an advantage for the SDP in view of the current situation. The SDP does have many good proposal papers that can be tabled for debate discussion in Parliament. The problem is the WP has not proposed any papers for discussion in the Parliament during the last five years. So, it is the nation's loss. And if the SDP can have an avenue to present these proposals for the benefit of Singaporeans, why not? He is not after it for personal glory or anything.

I know where you are coming from, but interpretation of his statement goes both way. If his losing margin qualify him (SDP) on top of performance merit then I assume he might consider. But to take up something, put it crudely someone else rejected or give away will have bearing on his dignity. Even though he is humble and not after glamor or glory whatever.

I personally have a lot of respects for him and certainly would hope to see his appearance in parliament. At the same time I won't dare imagine what mockery will be going at him if he speaks on issues that highfulatin powers to be can't see eye ball to eye ball with him in the chamber.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imho LTK & his CEC will have to seriously consider these 3: Dennis Tan, Leon Perera & He Ting Ru! They already have the ability but need all the exposure & experience they can get inside the Parliament! :smile:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NCMP has media exposure ? everybody knows CSJ. I bet 6 out of 10 in the streets cannot name Gerald Giam from photo.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

The important thing has the WP done any well-researched proposals that can be tabled for debate in Parliament? If the WP has not done a single one during the last four to five years, when will they get one done? If the WP NCMP are not well-backed up with good research, they will not be able to debate well and give good rebuttals back to the PAP MPs. And if these WP NCMPs do a bad job, it would have negative exposure that would affect their chances of being elected to a full MP candidature. It would be worse than not being an NCMP.

The SDP has at least ten well-researched detailed policy proposals, ready to be presented anytime. Dr Paul can right away present one on the Health care Plan immediately that can help Singaporeans tremendously.

It should be country before party. I hope LTK would not be selfish.

Sack Teochew Kia.
As long as this how lian kia blow the whistle WP will not prosper.
LTK has no balls to confront PAP inside the parliament.
Amos, RN issues !!!!
Teochew kia just sleeping inside parliament.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sack Teochew Kia.
As long as this how lian kia blow the whistle WP will not prosper.
LTK has no balls to confront PAP inside the parliament.
Amos, RN issues !!!!
Teochew kia just sleeping inside parliament.

Are you a mole out to destroy LTK? Hahaha .... Just kidding.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope LTK will be smart enough to give one NCMP seat to the SDP, which is the second winning oppo party, for oppo goodwill and the common good of Singaporeans.

It will definitely improve the quality of the debate in our Parliament instead of having more of the same from the PAP and the WP.

Also, SDP may be able to come to the rescue of the WP whenever the WP finds itself in a sticky situation for one reason or another.

At least, the PAP will then have to debate with two oppo parties instead of one. So, the PAP cannot always arrow WP only.

Good point, a SDP NCMP coming to the rescue looks better than a WP NCMP coming to the rescue.

SDP has been supportive of WP, during the rallies, Paul Tambyah has repeatedly mentioned Gerald Giam, in effect kind of complementing Gerald Giam.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP?

A scheme to further SHAME the losers.

If any oppo loser accepts such thing (which they had done) ..

not only is that opposition candidate SHAMELESS ( which btw is a common trait of Sinkie)

He is shown to be NO more capacable than to make some background noise that is best reserved for the REAL RATS running around the trash bins outside Parliment House.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good point, a SDP NCMP coming to the rescue looks better than a WP NCMP coming to the rescue.

SDP has been supportive of WP, during the rallies, Paul Tambyah has repeatedly mentioned Gerald Giam, in effect kind of complementing Gerald Giam.

it looks bad on WP if the SDP NCMP outperforms them in parliament. so better forget about WP giving SDP a seat in parliament.