• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Navy serviceman loses both legs, left hand in accident

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A compensation of $2 million is the minimum so that this guy can live decently until old age. I won't be surprised that MINDEF will try to put the blame on him to avoid paying him a decent compensation. Once you are past usefulness, you are dispensable - that's the sinkapore mentality.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always Do The Minimum

A compensation of $2 million is the minimum so that this guy can live decently until old age. I won't be surprised that MINDEF will try to put the blame on him to avoid paying him a decent compensation. Once you are past usefulness, you are dispensable - that's the sinkapore mentality.

I'm not sure about SAF regulars. But, if you are injured during NS ICT, they will simply bochup. You will have to bear the medical fees yourself.

SAF and PAP are bloodsuckers. When they need you, they say nice things why NS or SAF is of great importance. When something awry happens to you ... they taichi and runroad. :mad:

Can you trust these slime balls in time of a war ? :*:

Rule of thumb is "always do the minimum" during NS.

eErotica69CCBCaoPi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Injured navyman needs more surgery and blood

Posted: 13 December 2012 1847 hrs

Singapore: Navy serviceman Jason Chee who lost both his legs and his left hand, in an accident on board the Landing Ship Tank RSS Endeavour, is reported to be in need of more surgery but the blood bank is running low on his blood type.

A source told Channel NewsAsia that the Navy has mobilised its men on the low blood bank concern.

The serviceman whose blood type is O positive, is warded at Changi Hospital.

The Weapon Systems Supervisor who got caught between a motorised winch and a rope on Landing Ship Tank RSS Endeavour on Monday, is now left with his right hand and two fingers.

The Singapore Armed Forces has said that it's investigating the cause of the incident.

According to a source, it's understood that the investigations may take more than a month to complete.

Those who wish to donate blood may go to Bloodbank@HSA, Bloodbank@Woodlands or Bloodbank@DhobyGhaut.

- CNA/sf/jc

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should go to Woodlands Dormitory & get all the PRC's there to donate "blood"!! for a good cause!:rolleyes: anyway, the hospital charge $500 for a pint of blood, this was years ago, don't know how much it is today, I have donated a few times before to friends etc..to cut the cost in paying for the BLOOD!!:p

I wonder if all the blood donated & this poor chap in the hospital be billed for the blood he received?? or the hospital be so charitable, that they waived the fees for the blood...if no? what do you think???

Last edited:

Sufficient blood for injured Navy serviceman & others in need

Posted: 14 December 2012 1658 hrs

display_image.php

SINGAPORE: Singapore Red Cross and the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) said injured Navy serviceman Jason Chee is well supported by the National Blood Programme.

In a joint statement, they assured well wishers that there is sufficient blood for his surgeries.

The statement revealed that the Singapore Red Cross has already been recalling donors who are due for donation and blood donors of O+ type to ensure sufficient stock.

SRC and HSA thanked donors who have been prompted by Mr Chee's incident to come forward to donate blood.

They clarified that directed and replacement donations -- where families and friends are obliged to donate blood for the patient or to replace blood used by the patient -- are not practised in Singapore.

The statement said blood collected at the blood banks is available to all patients who need it.

It added that voluntary and non-remunerated blood donation is key to the safety and quality of Singapore's blood supply.

It noted that because of the regular contribution of donors, there was sufficient blood for Mr Chee and others when they needed transfusions.

Mr Chee, a regular serviceman, was injured on Monday after he got caught between a motorised winch and a rope on Landing Ship Tank RSS Endeavour.

His elderly father has been shaken by the news, and has been taken care of by relatives.

Mr Chee is the family's only child and sole breadwinner.

He recently lost his mother, who was a kidney dialysis patient.

Mr Chee had been working on board the ship in the Gulf of Aden on anti-piracy patrol when he received news of his mother's worsening condition.

The Navy had flown him home to be with his mother. He was in Singapore when she died.

- CNA/xq

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he was a good looking chap every single day people would make efforts to assist him. There would also be efforts to collect donations for him on a dedicated facebook page etc.

Sadly, this is the nature of a society enraptured by looks.

Hope Mindef leads the efforts to get him the best medical care and the required compensation.

Not only that but if he wasn't a chinese say an indian or a malay especially ppl would somehow be more sympathetic. This is how fucking low down this country is.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
something is really fucking wrong here? if the winch is in operation, why would the victim go near to check the mooring ropes? mooring ropes should be check before or after the vessel is berthed not when the winches are in operation.

my guess is someone started the winches without realising the victim is checking the ropes. victim got caught in the ropes and pulled into the winch. anyway the mooring ropes supposed to be arranged in a way that there is no way a person can get caught during berthing unless the fellow want to commit suicide.

paiseh to say, limpeh cannot accept mindef explaination.

bro, must be the wheel house gave order for the deck hands to start the winch. then the one at the winch never check anyone checking or arranging the rope. when the winch started tightening the mooring rope and they realised that the victim was caught in between the ropes. they became too panic and didn't hit the emergency stop button or maybe the deck hands is too fearful to overrule the order given by the wheel house. still gotta ask for permission to stop the winch or the stop and control is actually in the wheel house only? im not too sure how navy ship works. so one to and fro, legs and hands lost. chief of navy should be sack! the CO should be sacked! the OOW should be sack! the buffer should be sack!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, must be the wheel house gave order for the deck hands to start the winch. then the one at the winch never check anyone checking or arranging the rope. when the winch started tightening the mooring rope and they realised that the victim was caught in between the ropes. they became too panic and didn't hit the emergency stop button or maybe the deck hands is too fearful to overrule the order given by the wheel house. still gotta ask for permission to stop the winch or the stop and control is actually in the wheel house only? im not too sure how navy ship works. so one to and fro, legs and hands lost. chief of navy should be sack! the CO should be sacked! the OOW should be sack! the buffer should be sack!
One thing I am very confident is at the minimum, the entire squadron will go support the blood donation. Hope MINDEF will do something about this, court martial and dishonourable discharge for those responsible for the accident.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
All praise to the many who have stepped forward to donate blood.

Nothing better than a life-giving gift during this season of goodwill.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing I am very confident is at the minimum, the entire squadron will go support the blood donation. Hope MINDEF will do something about this, court martial and dishonourable discharge for those responsible for the accident.

in my opinion, police should be involved for investigation and prosecution. why? because this is peace time operation and within the country. cut the bulls on what this is military operation, this is peace time!!! let them face the court of law! not some stupid court martial. in fact, they should face 2 court, court martial and court of law.

DogVader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ask your mother. If she doesn't know then she's probably too busy counting her daily takings at the Lorongs at Geylang. :biggrin:

Ask me? Vader's mother? WOOF WOOF OK.

Vader's mother like to do doggie style at Geylang. Arf Arf..

Yes yes, Vader's mother! Arf Arf

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for those who don't know what is a mooring winch can google it. the winches used onboard a lst should be quite big. not difficult to imagine what it is like to be caught in one of these winches.

hope the injured serviceman be strong enough as the road ahead will be tough.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Always Do The Minimum

ISAF and PAP are bloodsuckers. When they need you, they say nice things why NS or SAF is of great importance. When something awry happens to you ... they taichi and runroad. :mad:

HNVTG.jpg

It's not just NS. In all aspects of civilian life, the PAP govt has got the same condescending, patronizing 'let them eat cake' attitude towards lesser mortals.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Always Do The Minimum

heard from a navy guy that his remaining hand lost 2 or 3 fingers too. hope its not true. he got not much detail too and he said maybe during change of tide and he was trying to shorten the mooring rope alone. then accident happened. :(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If can get $1 million, consider seepay good liao. I said previously in this forum that the govt should adequately compensate those critically injured or those that lost their lives in the service of the nation. Their families need to be taken care of. MINDEF's budget should be able to cater to this pressing need.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in my opinion, police should be involved for investigation and prosecution. why? because this is peace time operation and within the country. cut the bulls on what this is military operation, this is peace time!!! let them face the court of law! not some stupid court martial. in fact, they should face 2 court, court martial and court of law.

Police investigation is far more likely to be more objective. In the case of MINDEF investigation, more likely critical facts or those damaging ones will be hidden. Organisational interest will dictate the outcome of investigation.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok I will get slammed by the left wing liberal humanist bullshitters here but I will say it anyway,,,if i were him,,I would be better off dead that to go through the torture of being kept alive,,,also if he 'recovers' he will be fully dependent on others for his daily needs. His dad will be even more heart broken.

So live longer more pain to those around them,,,

this is the hard fact but its the truth,,,

oh is it possible to lodge a Do Not Resuscitate agreement with the SAF?