• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Najib's DJ son kicked out guest DJ to spin final closing set at Zouk SG

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Najib's Son Wanted Zouk Singapore's Guest DJ To Stop Performing So He Can Play Instead

Published by Samantha Khor — 07 Mar 2016, 02:37 PM

Needless to say, the fans are p*ssed.

• Rosmah's aide: PM's son was invited to be "finishing act" and did not force anyone

• "Ashman started performing after Zouk's guest DJ's session ended, but there was some misunderstanding between Zouk's management and the guest DJ about the start and end time of his performance," Rizal wrote on Facebook.

"The misunderstanding is between Zouk's management and the guest DJ, it had nothing to do with Ashman. Hearsay that Ashman forced Zouk or the DJ to stop his performance is not true at all.

Ashman did not ask to perform and only came by invitation, how could he have forced anyone
      ," he added.
      says.com
  • Meanwhile, DJ Fadi has released his account of what really happened the night he was asked to cut his set short on Facebook, calling Zouk Singapore out for "trying to get away with it" instead of apologising for their mistake
  • According to Fadi, he had reached an agreement with Zouk to play until the end of the night instead of his contracted set time (1.30am to 3.30am), adding that he has always played more than he was supposed to every time he's there
    • In a statement posted on Facebook last night, Fadi wrote that he was personally informed by a Zouk personnel - Byden - that he could play until 4.15am with an additional 15 minutes more if he wanted to. Echoing Fadi's account that he has always played past his contracted set times, regular Zouk patrons reiterated that guest DJs would always play until closing time.

On the same night, Fadi wrote, Zouk's new owner (the nightclub was sold to Genting Hong Kong in October last year) was hosting a VIP guest a.k.a. Ashman Najib, son of Malaysian PM Najib Razak. The DJ was introduced to Ashman and the new owner before he started his set.

Fadi started his set at 1.40am. At around 3.30am, the aforementioned Byden approached Fadi to ask if he would be willing to play back-to-back with Ashman. Fadi declined, as it was already agreed beforehand that he will play well into the night.
      says.com
  • However, around 3.30am, a Zouk personnel approached Fadi to ask if he would be willing to step down so that Ashman could take over the deck. Fadi declined, but was asked to stop playing 15 minutes later anyway.
    • "I continued playing. Then 15 mins after, Byden came to me and he told me that I will have to stop as the new owner wants the "VIP guest" to play," he wrote.

"There was no misunderstanding!!! And instead of apologizing, Zouk keeps posting those lame statements and articles trying to get away with it. Admitting your mistake is brave, but you aren't," he added.

Read the full statement here.
      says.com
  • Zouk Singapore had previously said that the incident is a "misunderstanding" and that Fadi was not asked to end his set prematurely
  • HOW IT ALL BEGAN: The night took a disappointing turn for patrons of Zouk Singapore when guest DJ Fadi was reportedly forced to end his set early to make way for the son of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak
  • For those not familiar with trance music, Fadi is one-half of popular Egyptian trance duo Aly & Fila, who have been voted among the top 100 DJs on DJ Mag since 2008
    • Made up of Aly Amr Fathalah (Aly) and Fadi Wassef Naguib (Fila), Aly & Fila host an Internet radio show called 'Future Sound of Egypt' and have received airplay from the likes of Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, DJ Tiësto and many others. In September 2015, the duo made history when they joined the ranks of select names that have performed within the grounds of the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt a.k.a. one of the last-standing wonders of the ancient world.

At present, both continue to produce music together, but only Fadi goes on tour and live performances, as Aly suffered a severe ear injury while performing and was advised to avoid loud music or risk losing hearing in that ear.
      says.com
  • The incident, which happened on Saturday night, started when Norashman Najib allegedly requested for Fadi's set to be cut short so that he could play instead, despite not being in the performers' bill that night
      • [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)]Image via Blogspot[/COLOR]
  • Fadi, a respected figure among the trance community and a regular fixture at Zouk Singapore, announced that he "won't play for Zouk anymore" before playing his last track and stepping off the deck
    • In the video, Fadi said, "It seems that Zouk here wants someone else to play. Not only because of that, because apparently he's the son of a prime minister.

Thank you so much, enjoy my last track. I'll see you somewhere in the future. Not in Zouk anymore, because I won't play in Zouk any f***ing more. They've insulted me, but I love you guys.
      "
      says.com
  • Nor surprisingly, fans are not too happy with Zouk for interfering with Fadi's set, highlighting that the nightclub did not just disrespect a highly popular artist, the incident has also become an affront to the Zouk brand name
  • Later on, after the incident blew up on social media, Zouk Singapore issued a notice on Facebook. It stated that the incident was a "misunderstanding" and that they will be issuing an official statement soon.
  • But that was not enough to quell the fans' anger. Many felt that the incident is not a "misunderstanding" as referred to by Zouk, but a poorly-made decision on the management's part.
  • As a matter of fact, most suggested that the best course of action for Zouk would be admitting that they had made a mistake as well as apologising to Fadi and those who've attended the show
[/COLOR]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's see if licensing officers follow up on this matter. From my understanding, the stage is not meant for anyone other than approved staff of the establishment or approved guests and approval must be granted first.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whoa lan eh! zouk disco also can be turned into a political playground.:biggrin:

theres no political playground,just a loser low life commoner bitching about zouk's management having a greater fondness over the son of a pm.seriously the son's father is a billionaire and weilds power over an entire country and have powerful connection going as far as the middle eastern kingdom.....nobody gives a fark about ur bitch ass,u could never make enough money for the zouk management to even make up for pissing off najib's son....not even in a million years.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would happen if it was China pm's son that did it. Obviously it would be worse cos it's China and a Chinese did it. In this case since fadi is a mudslime like that najib son you will notice how ppl will tend to side him too. Remember in this fucking country people don't judge a situation straight they judge it by who the ones who commit them and who are the victims and not by their actions. An example would be let's assume it was the China pm son who did the same thing and China is even richer and more powerful than Mudland. Do you think Chinese dog French here would actually side the China pm son like he did Mudland pm son? Of course not

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would happen if it was China pm's son that did it. Obviously it would be worse cos it's China and a Chinese did it. In this case since fadi is a mudslime like that najib son you will notice how ppl will tend to side him too. Remember in this fucking country people don't judge a situation straight they judge it by who the ones who commit them and who are the victims and not by their actions. An example would be let's assume it was the China pm son who did the same thing and China is even richer and more powerful than Mudland. Do you think Chinese dog French here would actually side the China pm son like he did Mudland pm son? Of course not

You need to see Dr Brian Yeo urgently, for your own good.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
What would happen if it was China pm's son that did it. Obviously it would be worse cos it's China and a Chinese did it.

I knew this would bring out the obese cunt Jah Pastafarian to remonstrate on behalf of his favourite people…chinks. Even when they are not involved whatsoever.

Sick in the head doesn't begin to describe this moron's plight.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I knew this would bring out the obese cunt Jah Pastafarian to remonstrate on behalf of his favourite people…chinks. Even when they are not involved whatsoever.

Sick in the head doesn't begin to describe this moron's plight.

He will be with us shortly. Taking toilet break now.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
A simple case where power corrupts and it corrupts absolutely ... what papa does, anak follows ...

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why najib son want to be a Fucking dj.
Ask his father buy him A big disco n let him play 24hrs

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ys true like how sultan of Brunei built his own concert hall and invite his favourite musicians like Mj, Celine Dione etc to perform exclusively for him and his family.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk talk talk. Sinkies will still crawl back to Zouk for their weekly fix. :rolleyes:

indeedido....i reccomend all haters of ashman boycott zouk and any related establishments.....including toastbox,old chang kee,yoshinoya,monster curry and challenger.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I been to dance clubs in Bali,Jrk and Bangkok all got pretty girls at the front of DJ console.

Why Singapore all males no pretty Chio Bu?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's see if licensing officers follow up on this matter. From my understanding, the stage is not meant for anyone other than approved staff of the establishment or approved guests and approval must be granted first.

GD, it is Mudland where the elites like to show off and nobody will dare to touch them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Najib and family are very lonely lately. Few friends, lots of sycophants around and don't know who to trust. It is a matter of time before he will be gone ...fortunately, he can run to Kazakhstan, the land of his son-in-law.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Najib and family are very lonely lately. Few friends, lots of sycophants around and don't know who to trust. It is a matter of time before he will be gone ...fortunately, he can run to Kazakhstan, the land of his son-in-law.

He need not worry. Pinky n wee cho yaw will lay red carpet. As long as he transfer his $ here.