• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My tip of 2018 for fellow forummers to make some money

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah, so chee chum. if you listened to my advice and bought fb stocks 6.9 years ago with 6.9k shares at us$32 a share you would have made over a million (us$1,043,901 to be exact) if you sell them now at us$183.29 a share. enbloc sales of private condos in sg is the rage now, but you're just jumping on the bandwagon when horses have already bolted from the barn. but agree that there are still some bargains.
A1F63EC4-BA9D-4E34-9F7A-ED9FC7F553B3.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@eatshitndie I notice you look at biotech quite a bit.

What about any non biotech? Or you think the main growth will be in biotech for the future?
i’m already heavily invested in non-bio tech, in fact the lion’s share of my portfolio. it’s skewed towards the tech behemoths such as aapl, amzn, fb, nvda, tsla. (nvda will go for a 4 to 1 split soon may top 900 before split. bought shares a long long time ago when it was double digits.) but now with chime change from selling off some tech stocks (and biotech such as ilmn) i’m buying into biotech and some affordable tech such as pltr. thus the likes of crsp, ntla, pacb, and me tickle my interest. they pose disruptive, groundbreaking and breakthru’ solutions for health and life, and i’m positive about their contributions to civilisation for years to cum. very lucky for your kids to live in this age and the coming age. many promising solutions and inventions. may even get to finally meet friendly advanced aliens who will tell us where hoffa is buried and who shot jfk.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
i’m already heavily invested in non-bio tech, in fact the lion’s share of my portfolio. it’s skewed towards the tech behemoths such as aapl, amzn, fb, nvda, tsla. (nvda will go for a 4 to 1 split soon may top 900 before split. bought shares a long long time ago when it was double digits.) but now with chime change from selling off some tech stocks (and biotech such as ilmn) i’m buying into biotech and some affordable tech such as pltr. thus the likes of crsp, ntla, pacb, and me tickle my interest. they pose disruptive, groundbreaking and breakthru’ solutions for health and life, and i’m positive about their contributions to civilisation for years to cum. very lucky for your kids to live in this age and the coming age. many promising solutions and inventions. may even get to finally meet friendly advanced aliens who will tell us where hoffa is buried and who shot jfk.
As someone who is in medical field I have not been keen on biotech as I see all the hurdles and ethics and what not crap.

But with the pandemic.....I see maybe possibly things changing. World might be more open to taking more risks with new biotech.

So you have a good point here.

I regret not following your advice before. I think I will buy some pltr, pacb and me.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
@eatshitndie do share some of your interesting finds on possible blockbuster companies.

I know there is a big push for payment solutions. Eg point of sale type tech.

Lightspeed POS (TSE) is one company I regret not buying. Not sure if it is still worth going in?

From our bubble tea shop I realize how these POS companies can be very profitable. People use CC to pay debit card these POS companies collect fees. And subscription and rental fees from the restaurants and shops etc.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@eatshitndie do share some of your interesting finds on possible blockbuster companies.

I know there is a big push for payment solutions. Eg point of sale type tech.

Lightspeed POS (TSE) is one company I regret not buying. Not sure if it is still worth going in?

From our bubble tea shop I realize how these POS companies can be very profitable. People use CC to pay debit card these POS companies collect fees. And subscription and rental fees from the restaurants and shops etc.
i bought into sq, and it’s doing ok at 241.89 today. it doubled for me since 52 weeks ago.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@eatshitndie you have given me some hope and direction. Thank you.

I hope you can share more of your ideas. Wisdom.

Years ago before I migrated I remember reading lots of books on sales and business etc. I also learned that who you mix with determines who you are.

I really wanted to mix with more business minded, investor, entrepreneurs, bankers etc. But as a dr in SG everyone always says aiyah you dr go be surgeon lah. Don't waste time.

So when I was going to migrate to Canada I said I wanted to do what I had read. Unfortunately landed back in medicine. Again ----you dr just see more patients lah, dont waste your time.

And really as dr who you meet? Other drs. Nurses. Medical Office assistants. hardly the people I wanted to meet.

So I hope through you I can learn more from you. Taking action is not my problem. I just need the right mentors.

I am off to do the errands before the hike to Wapta Falls tomorrow!

Cheers! @eatshitndie

The other person I wished who could share with me more on his investing strategies is @nightsafari

Bro maybe come back here talk cock with me and acai on stocks can?

Talking about these things far more interesting that talking about cerebellar degeneration so morbid sad, hopeless and pointless if you ask me. But that's the type of thing I spent most of my life trying to memorize and study. Waste of time really and stupid.

have a good weekend! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
enjoy life! it’s precious. many marvelous things to cum!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
As someone who is in medical field I have not been keen on biotech as I see all the hurdles and ethics and what not crap.

But with the pandemic.....I see maybe possibly things changing. World might be more open to taking more risks with new biotech.

So you have a good point here.

I regret not following your advice before. I think I will buy some pltr, pacb and me.
enjoy life! it’s precious. many marvelous things to cum!
What about ARKG ETF? They have, at this moment, 60 bio-tech names in their holding. I like Cathy Wood she's brilliant, although they kind of misjudged the Coinbase IPO.

https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fu..._REVOLUTION_MULTISECTOR_ETF_ARKG_HOLDINGS.pdf

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
arkg is gearing up to be the next gen berkshire hathaway. when buffett and munger bite the dust, wood will roll.
Yes, that's what folks are saying about Cathy Wood. She's the next Buffett, the 21st century version.

Their ETFs. So far, I am only dabbling in their ARKG.

ARKK ARK Innovation ETF
ARKQ Autonomous Technology & Robotics ETF
ARKW Next Generation Internet ETF
ARKG Genomic Revolution ETF
ARKF Fintech Innovation ETF
ARKX Space Exploration & Innovation ETF

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What about ARKG ETF? They have, at this moment, 60 bio-tech names in their holding. I like Cathy Wood she's brilliant, although they kind of misjudged the Coinbase IPO.

https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fu..._REVOLUTION_MULTISECTOR_ETF_ARKG_HOLDINGS.pdf
Thanks for the tip!

I will look at Cathy Woods!

Yeah i need to talk to people who look at other things besides complaining to me about pain and anxiety and depression. That type of information useless to make money.

Knowledge is money right!
20210709_160118.jpg

20210709_162458.jpg

Taking a break. Haha.

Looks like tomorrow maybe not wapta falls. @JohnDoe says too far a drive 3 hours for him one way.

Maybe somewhere nearer. Pickle jar lakes? But i told him is a tougher hike. Wapta falls is jalan jalan. Thought want to take it easy after our pfizer shots.

See how.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thanks for the tip!

I will look at Cathy Woods!

Yeah i need to talk to people who look at other things besides complaining to me about pain and anxiety and depression. That type of information useless to make money.

Knowledge is money right!View attachment 115874

View attachment 115875

Taking a break. Haha.

Looks like tomorrow maybe not wapta falls. @JohnDoe says too far a drive 3 hours for him one way.

Maybe somewhere nearer. Pickle jar lakes? But i told him is a tougher hike. Wapta falls is jalan jalan. Thought want to take it easy after our pfizer shots.

See how.
And money is freedom:biggrin:

You need one of those John Deere Riding Lawn Tractors. So convenient and makes your chore more fun.
X350_42in_studio_r4a062722_small_00d265e3d22ab3ca6bed342ee71d78162c42faff.jpg

How? Feeling OK after your 2nd Pfizer shot? My doc friend has been pestering me to go for it.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
And money is freedom:biggrin:

You need one of those John Deere Riding Lawn Tractors. So convenient and makes your chore more fun.
X350_42in_studio_r4a062722_small_00d265e3d22ab3ca6bed342ee71d78162c42faff.jpg

How? Feeling OK after your 2nd Pfizer shot? My doc friend has been pestering me to go for it.
One of those is about $3500. Too big lah. My lawn not so big. And where to park? I thought of it before haha.

I seem ok so far.

But 1st shot i had shingles 2 weeks later. See how.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
One of those is about $3500. Too big lah. My lawn not so big. And where to park? I thought of it before haha.

I seem ok so far.

But 1st shot i had shingles 2 weeks later. See how.
My relative in NJ has one, so damn proud of his toy. Wanted to mail me the JD hat given by the dealer. I guess ang mohs don't know we Asians don't like green hats! :biggrin:

So you had two shots liao?