• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My tip of 2018 for fellow forummers to make some money

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My relative in NJ has one, so damn proud of his toy. Wanted to mail me the JD hat given by the dealer. I guess ang mohs don't know we Asians don't like green hats! :biggrin:

So you had two shots liao?
Yeah 2 shots. Both pfizer. 1st one mid may. 2nd one last week

All done mowing

20210709_174957.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A jalan jalan "hike" to this waterfall somewhere between Pemberton and Whistler. By the time reached Whistler was already mid afternoon. Cable car guy said can take it to the top but the last car down is about half hour after you reach the top and btw ticket price is almost CAD100. So, decided to do Whistler next day instead. But what to do for rest of afternoon? Google maps to the rescue. Not too bad for an unplanned detour...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I bought 10 shares at 10.83. @eatshitndie thanks for recommendation. Hope this will be my first 10x stock in life.
only 10? As in $108.30 worth?

if go up 10X ie $108.30 per share your holdings $1083?

Or did you buy 10 lots as in 10,000 shares? As in US$108,300 worth?

Anyway I am hoping it is a 100X stock!

thank you @eatshitndie

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://www.barrons.com/articles/23andme-is-really-a-biotech-citi-says-51626108392

23andMe Is a Biotech Masquerading As a Digital Health Firm, Analyst Says​

By
Josh Nathan-Kazis
July 12, 2021 12:49 pm ET

BARRON'S NEWSLETTERS​

The Barron's Daily​

im-367824

A 23andMe Ancestry + Traits Service DNA kit arranged in Dobbs Ferry, New York, U.S., on on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021.​

Tiffany Hagler-Geard/Bloomberg
Text size

Analysts at Citi Research say that 23andMe, the company best known for its consumer DNA tests, is actually a biotech that could become a powerful drug developer, and its stock has lots of room to grow.

In a note out early Monday, Citi analyst Daniel Grosslight initiated coverage of 23andMe (ticker: ME) with a Buy rating and a $14 target price. The stock closed Friday at $10.96, and slipped 1.7% on Monday, to $10.77.
In his note, Grosslight wrote that the company has collected a huge amount of patient data through its direct-to-consumer genetic tests. “We view ME as a biotech in digital health clothing, utilizing the vast amount of genotypic and phenotypic data it has collected from its 11.3M customers to efficiently develop therapeutics,” he wrote.
The company combined with a special purpose acquisition company and began trading publicly under its ticker on June 17. The SPAC, which previously traded as VGAC, was backed by Virgin Group founder Richard Branson, who flew to space over the weekend.

Shares of 23andMe closed at $13.32 on June 17, up 21.2% from its close at $10.99 the previous day, before the merger was completed. The stock has since fallen, and has given up the entirety of that bump. The company’s market value is now $4.4 billion.
Grosslight thinks that the company is worth more. In his note, Grosslight wrote that he ascribes $2.8 billion of value to 23andMe’s therapeutics business, and $2.3 billion of value to its consumer business.
Grosslight is positive on 23andMe’s consumer genetic testing business. He says that the market for ancestry reports based on direct-to-consumer genetic tests is largely sated, and that 23andMe is the best equipped among its competitors to pivot to health reports.

“In our view, the consumer segment will return to 20%+ revenue growth over the next 3 years turning EBITDA positive on a sustainable basis in FY23,” he writes.
He is most excited, however, about 23andMe’s opportunities as a drug maker, using data it has gathered through its DNA testing business.
“23andMe has a database of >11M genotyped customers that, in our opinion, serves as a strong drug discovery engine that will help in therapeutics development using human genetics,” he writes. “The field is moving towards precision medicine targets in not only oncology but also in other therapeutic spaces. Having human genetic information tools would help ME be at the forefront of this next leg of therapeutic advancement.”
Positive data on a cancer drug the company is currently developing with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) could “unlock value,” Grosslight writes. That data could come in the next year or year-and-a-half.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you work at night? Or insomnia? Cannot sleep?
I don’t have insomnia. It is evil filthy bastards hiding in their unit to harass me with knocks on my windows and from above and that’s why I don’t sleep and might as well monitor usa market. Believe it or not there was just a loud knock on my bedroom window at 3.39 am.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I don’t have insomnia. It is evil filthy bastards hiding in their unit to harass me with knocks on my windows and from above and that’s why I don’t sleep and might as well monitor usa market. Believe it or not there was just a loud knock on my bedroom window at 3.39 am.

Do they do the knocking during daytime? Is it better for you to sleep daytime?